PDA

View Full Version : Antique Jewelry

Karren H
08-14-2006, 03:31 PM
So how many are into antique jewelry? I just love it for a couple reasons, A) I wear clip-on and screw-post earrings (70 pair and counting) and 2) It's just so feminine! And when you come right down to it, very inexpensive compared to modern jewelry... (Excluding Walmart and clearences)

The wife and I were out at a few antique shops yeaterday, I got an old miners lunch bucket and a brass hand level and she got some glassware, but there were some amazing pieces of jewelry at this ones shop!! I made a mental note to come back another day and buy it all!! Lol. But when we were checking out the owner said to my wife, don't I know you, from PTA? Why yes...old long lost girlfriends!! Damnnnn. Just my luck and now all those pretty earrings setting there, off limits...forbiden fruit!!! Grrrrrrr

Well there are tons of antique shops, flea markets and estate sales around Western PA so guess I'll just keep looking!!

Anyone ever buy antique jewelry form estate sales on ebay?

Love Karren

GG Vanya
08-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Why are they forbidden fruit? You say your wife knows you CD. Just go back and buy what you want, then tell your wife you did. This just in case the "old friend" of your wife mentions your purchase she can say they were bought for her.

Make sense?

Why didn't you buy them that day? Using the same excuse.

Breanne
08-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Why are they forbidden fruit? You say your wife knows you CD. Just go back and buy what you want, then tell your wife you did. This just in case the "old friend" of your wife mentions your purchase she can say they were bought for her.

Make sense?

Exactly! Just what I was wondering.

Calliope
08-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Antique and estate earrings (boho chandeliers) are my major-most weakness.

(Ebayers, note: I have learned that photos so lie!)

Jasmine Ellis
08-14-2006, 05:16 PM
oh hell go and buy them

Karren H
08-14-2006, 10:35 PM

Make sense?

Well for a couple reasons...One my wife knows I still crossdress but isn't supportive and doesn't want it around the house and two, she is deathly afraid that the kids, friends and neighbors will find out so I try not to involve them in my "hobby". So if that means walking away from a few nice things, so be it!!

Love Karren

trannie T
08-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Don't I know you from PTA?
Don't I know you from Crossdressers.com?

tekla west
08-15-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm very plain, so not much other than ear-rings, and simple ones at that for the most part.

Sally24
08-15-2006, 08:24 AM
I agree about the "hunt". It's very fun to try to find unique and pretty earings. You can be sure that someone else is not going to be wearing them because they haven't been made in 40 years! My mother doesn't have pierced ears so she has a huge collection of clips and screw-ons. I'm supposed to help her inventory all her jewelry and valuables later this year so I get to see just what she does have. That's not the 11th commandmant is it? "Though Shalt Not Covet Thine Mothers Earings"

Karren H
08-15-2006, 09:32 AM
That's not the 11th commandmant is it? "Though Shalt Not Covet Thine Mothers Earings"

I think there was an amendment to that commandment that exempted borrowing!! :)

Love Karren