PDA

View Full Version : why is it

karen-aa
12-13-2004, 08:52 PM
as when I was in high school I loved to look and think of dressing in all the beautifull girls dresses BUT now all you see on girls are pants WHAT ever happened to girls wearing skirts,blouses and a beautifull dress. I know that ever change I get I love to wear a dress or skirt with all that gose with it under it. anyways what is your outfit you love to wear the most? :D

DanaJ
12-13-2004, 08:53 PM
How long ago were you in high school? When I went in the mid-'70s, the plain "hippy" phase was in style, and girls wore pants, no makeup and hair hardly styled if at all. It seems as if nowadaya they all trying to look like little fashion models... I just went to high school in the wrong years!

DanaJ

Vivian Best
12-13-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure dress makers would stay in business were it not for us. But your are right, many years ago girls and women wore dresses most of the time. Now, with feminine liberation they wear what is most comfortable for them. As with dresses, very few women wear girdles. Times have changed for women, But not for me. For me, I still prefer to wear dresses and girdles when I dress.

Vivian

wilma
12-14-2004, 01:56 AM
It has been many years since I have graduated High School. I must admit It is difficult to find the same styles I saw then. Maby in about 5 years we can see a come back or the great styles we saw in school. I would love to wear a mini with a tight top. But I would have to loose a few pounds befor summer. Like Amelie I would like to experience some of the newer fashions, maybe goth.

Sweet Susan
12-14-2004, 02:40 AM
The year after I graduated from high school they began allowing girls to wear pants to school. I now spend much of my time in high schools, and I can vow that you see very, very little of the treasured mini-skirts that were so in vogue when I recieved my diploma. Oh, for those thrilling days of yesteryear!

Rachel Ann
12-14-2004, 02:55 AM
In my last year of High School (1962) there was a movement by some of the girls to be allowed to wear pants on very cold days. It failed. This was in the Bible Belt. Girls were also expected to wear stockings even on very hot days.

Charlotte Elizabeth
12-14-2004, 03:14 AM
Most girls here still seem to wear skirts,except on cold days.

Sarah Ellis
12-14-2004, 06:04 AM
One day we will all find we can wear whatever we want and it will be a world we can all live together.. hey a girl's gotta dream, aint she xx

foxyblair
12-14-2004, 06:52 AM
I agree. I always loved seeing a cute girl in a dress. Though skirts have come back in, which is nice, you just dont see many dresses out there. Just imagine if it were common for females in controll to dress there submissive husbands. I mean, sometimes its so obvious when a female has emasculated her man. Society would benifit if it just realized that role reversal is common. Instead of feeling shame for not being man enough, a sissified husband could really learn to embrace the woman in himself.

But as far as the original topic, I to am bummed at the lack of dresses nowdays.

Tip: for all you dress conisuers? church, pretty dresses everywhere.

Celeste GG
12-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Now teenagers wear their underwear on the outside! Brittany spears picked up where Maddona left off. I collect 50's underwear. I have some (new and still in original boxes, nylon stocking with hand sewn seams.

I am a whalebone corset girl myself... who needs breathing anyway.

Celeste

crispy
12-14-2004, 07:37 AM
let's face it girls, we (sorry, you ... because I only do it underneath ;) ) are the only REAL WOMEN left on the planet.

all those so-called GGs out there are just androgynes trying to be too macho.

.............. NOW THERE'S A STIMULATING POST ................ :)

AnnaMaria
12-14-2004, 08:08 AM
When I was in high school the big thing was mini skirts with high top tennis shoes. Due to singers like Cindy Lauper. But it was cool. Also the really big hair was in at the time. I really think that for a girl who could pull it off the style was really cute but some of the girls just didn't have the body for the style and really looked kind of silly, in a mini and high tops I mean.

As for me I personally prefer tea length skirts with a nice blouse or an actual dress but I don't often find dresses on the rack that will fit me on top and bottom at the same time. There is just something about seeing a women in a tea length skirt or dress that is giving you just a peek of her legs and at the same time being so mysterious about what she is hiding. To me that is truly sexy. Of course I also like to see a nice form fitting mini from time to time as well but I don't think that I have the legs for it just yet. Have to lose a few pounds first. Then I'll give it a shot.

huggs
anna

Sharon
12-14-2004, 12:13 PM
I attended parochial school through high school and all the girls had to wear plaid skirts. I was always so jealous and wanted my own, but it wasn't to be. Probably why I constantly got in trouble there. :confused:
But nowadays, even I tend to wear pants when at home. So much more practical, and with the right blouse they can be quite attractive.

Wendy me
12-15-2004, 08:38 AM
thats the big diffrence between the "sexes" a girl in a dress or skirt is ok..........a girl in pants is ok ....she can wear anthything she wants and it's ok .......free to express her slefe ..........
while a guy gets to wear pants........he is free to express himslefe as long as he wears pants..........

i am complety supprized that the fashon world hasent made a slow push to make all clouthing unisexed the market would be twice as large for every thing...................
think or the posibiltys........then mabey we could get the world to think with a open mind

Rachel Ann
12-15-2004, 09:02 AM
thats the big diffrence between the "sexes" a girl in a dress or skirt is ok..........a girl in pants is ok ....she can wear anthything she wants and it's ok .......free to express her slefe ..........
while a guy gets to wear pants........he is free to express himslefe as long as he wears pants..........

i am complety supprized that the fashon world hasent made a slow push to make all clouthing unisexed the market would be twice as large for every thing...................
think or the posibiltys........then mabey we could get the world to think with a open mind
There was a "unixex" fashion movement in the 60s that included skirts for men. It never got to first base, mainly because men wouldn't wear them.

Wendy me
12-15-2004, 10:49 AM
oh year the sixtys now i rember or do i ???????????60s 70s most of the 80s just alittle foggy

windycissy
12-15-2004, 12:12 PM
I agree, the world was a better place when girls had to wear skirts or dresses to school every day, but our society has changed so much, that is the least of our problems. I will admit, if I were a girl, I would be relieved not to have to put on a skirt when it's ten degrees in Chicago, having done it myself. Ditto having to wear stockings when it's 90 degrees in the shade. Maybe for us, dressing is like the forbidden fruit: we aren't supposed to enjoy wearing pretty things, which only makes it more exciting. Come to think of it, maybe that's why women get a kick out of dressing up like guys...how come they can get away with it and we can't? Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Rachel Ann
12-15-2004, 04:22 PM
oh year the sixtys now i rember or do i ???????????60s 70s most of the 80s just alittle foggy
"If you remember the sixties, you weren't there" - anon

Georgette
12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeh they wear pants that show all the way to the top of thier pubic hair and they have enough makeup on to do three faces, but they wear the sloppest jeans I really don't know what they are trying to prove or rebell againstLOL>

Tristen Cox
12-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Yeh they wear pants that show all the way to the top of thier pubic hair and they have enough makeup on to do three faces, but they wear the sloppest jeans I really don't know what they are trying to prove or rebell againstLOL>

Oh that is so true!

Rachel Ann
12-16-2004, 05:34 AM
I really don't know what they are trying to prove or rebel against
You had to be there.

Wendy me
12-16-2004, 07:54 AM
"If you remember the sixties, you weren't there" - anon

cort records to rember them by :eek:
dazed and confused , baffled and bewilled
let it snow

Tamara Croft
12-18-2004, 10:59 PM
I don't like dresses or skirts to wear as a daily thing, but if I'm out with Tammy, the shorter the better. In the day I'm most def a trouser person and yeah I'm one of those that just has to have their thongs sticking out the back LOL :p These are my faves....

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2298&stc=1

Tamara x

Serena
12-18-2004, 11:14 PM
I love wearing skirts! When I was in High school, which wasn't too long ago, I saw some girls with dresses and skirts, but now it's probably rare. I was never really a dress person though, I like wearing short things, so the same goes for pants. If they make me look sexy, I'll wear them, but not much, even on cold days I'll wear skirts, I can stand the cold ;)

Rachel Ann
12-19-2004, 03:40 AM
BUT now all you see on girls are pants WHAT ever happened to girls wearing skirts,blouses and a beautifull dress.
I think that they are reacting to attempts to push them in to a pink pigeonhole. Especially the High School girls. I often hear GGs wondering why we are so girly beyond the point of just trying to look like them. But dressing girly is liberating to us, and a lot of them remember it as imprisoning.