PDA

View Full Version : how many CDs are out there?

crispy
12-14-2004, 12:56 AM
I noticed a reference by Hiede in another thread about 35% of men being like us.

I know we've had threads on similar topics before, but now we have so many new members and lurkers.

I would love to know what percentage of men have done it or do it, to some extent or other. Does anybody have any idea? Are we in the minority?

Sharon
12-14-2004, 01:01 AM
I have no idea, but 35% sounds awfully high.

wilma
12-14-2004, 01:04 AM
I think we are in the minority, but a growing number. We may be the next big group of individuals who make their mark in this world. I hope we can help each other and make cd not so negative of a thing in this world. I plan on telling my son. the first step to telling the world. LOL wilma

crispy
12-14-2004, 01:09 AM
I tried to stick a poll to this thread and failed, so I tried again. Sorry.

No I'm not blonde. It must be the effect of the hormones...... ;)

DonnaT
12-14-2004, 01:10 AM
I've seen numbers from 2% to 10%. But that is only based on percentages due to those out of the closet. From the looks of things on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised at numbers around 20-25%

Tristen Cox
12-14-2004, 01:12 AM
hmm sounds a bit high at 35% maybe 20% but thats just my 'O' pinion

KewTnCurvy GG
12-14-2004, 01:25 AM
It's in the 10% range kids or that's what the stats show. Sharon was close in the other crispy thread (must be the hormones?? lol)

hugs
kew

Sweet Susan
12-14-2004, 02:21 AM
I've heard every kind of stat, but 35% is way off the mark, I have to believe. I have heard forever that 10% of all men are gay. I don't think that that necessarily translates to crossdressers. I'd guess, just because it's "as good as anybody's guess," that the number is around 3%.

Charlotte Elizabeth
12-14-2004, 03:16 AM
about 30% of men try cd'ing at some point in their lives-whether its just trying on womens underwear or going the whole hog-about 2% do it to some extent on a regular basis.(according to a report I read while studying psychology in college.)

Vickie-CD
12-14-2004, 05:59 AM
I too think 35% sounds to high of a percentage. If you are trying to do the math, you can count me in as a long time x-dresser.
Best Wishes,
Vickie

Vickie-CD
12-14-2004, 06:12 AM
I've heard every kind of stat, but 35% is way off the mark, I have to believe. I have heard forever that 10% of all men are gay. I don't think that that necessarily translates to crossdressers. I'd guess, just because it's "as good as anybody's guess," that the number is around 3%.
Sweet Susan, I know from working drag-shows for many years, us queens in the clubs make up a very small minority. The majority of the audience or club goer was gay or Bi with no desire what-so-ever to dress as a female, the rest of the crowd were some straight couples just there to watch the show. The nice thing about it is there is a mixed pot of people with different sexual orientations, but for the most part everyone got along and has a good time. Very rare there would ever be any problems.
Happy Hollidays,
Vickie :)

crispy
12-14-2004, 06:17 AM
about 30% of men try cd'ing at some point in their lives-whether its just trying on womens underwear or going the whole hog-about 2% do it to some extent on a regular basis.(according to a report I read while studying psychology in college.)
I wonder how reliable that report was? It must be difficult to get honest answers.

I guess the emergency room is as good a measure as any, except it probably doesn't represent a fair proportion of 'home dressers' (unless they get caught with their knickers round their ankles and fall down the stairs, or have a heart attack beating off in their wife's nighty). Most real emergencies (where the patient doesn't get the chance to change his undies) are probably road and industrial accidents.

I would be prepared to bet that 99% of the guys who have had the chance (mothers, sisters) to try femme clothing in their youth have done so. I can't think of any aspect of my body and mind that I haven't considered exploring. Given the opportunity I would have tried everything on offer, I'm sure.

I reckon that it would be like asking men and women 50 years ago if they masturbated. At that time 60% of men would admit to it and the other 40% were liars. I guess for the ladies maybe 5% would admit to it and ??70%?? were liars. Kew will probably correct me on that one. :)

LindaTS
12-14-2004, 07:57 AM
I think 35% sounds awfully high. Somewhere, I don't remember where, I read that between 5% and 10% of the male population dresses on ocassion. That could be true but, if so, that would mean that a lot of my friends are CD's and are deep in the closet. Who knows?

DanaJ
12-14-2004, 08:01 AM
I have also heard 10% too, but what poll was that based on? I mean, do they count anytime a guy put on an article of female clothing? I am sure almost every single guy in the world has kidded around with his SO and put on her shoes or a skirt, or got dressed up as a dare once.

For those numbers to have any validity, it seems to me that a real desire to be a CD would be what counts, not just include everyone who has just tried on a bra one time....

DanaJ

Wendy me
12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
with so mutch hidding of who we are who knows for shure

StephanieCD
12-15-2004, 09:40 PM
I heard 10%, too, Kew. I remember reading somewhere 1 in 3 admits to having tried it at least once and 1 in 10 repeat it at some level.

Whenever I'm in a room with a bunch of guys I try to pick out the one in ten... then I realize it's me ;)