PDA

View Full Version : How Cute Is That

melissacd
08-15-2006, 06:56 AM
The Cuteness of Being Feminine

I am often totally swept away and overwhelmed by the cuteness of femininity. I will be minding my own business when I see a photograph, a painting, a figurine, a woman walk by, an advertisement on television or in a magazine and then it hits me - I want to be cute too. Being a male within our society is very limiting and constraining. Our choices of expression are extremely limited by comparison to the vast array of ways that women can project themselves. While many men are quite okay with this limitation, as a male to female cross dresser, I am not.

I have spent a lifetime of repression, guilt, soul searching and rejection trying to reach a level of understanding about the whys and wherefores of this thing that I want and love to do and that society suggests that I cannot and should not do. I desire the right to do something that biological women take for granted; I want to be cute too. I want to be cute in the same way as woman; feminine-cute, sexy-cute, sassy-cute, playful-cute or just plain old darn cute. What could be better than that?

When I was younger I used to put down the frivolity of women’s fashion. Today I realize that I was projecting my anger at not being able to be cute too. As I grow older and wiser I have come to realize that an important part of life is expressing whom we are. For some of us that expression takes the form of riding a motorcycle, playing hockey, climbing mountains, drinking with the boys; for others, such as myself, an important mode of expression is finding ways to be cute. Creating a feminine illusion is a way to achieve that.

As bizarre to some as this may seem, I get a great sense of satisfaction and pleasure from looking my feminine best and striving for that cuteness I so adore. I spend a great deal of time looking around for ideas and items that I believe will bring me closer and closer to my own personal standard of cuteness. I have become convinced, after looking at thousands of pictures of other cross dressers, that when done tastefully, a male can achieve the same level of cuteness as a biological female. As I experiment more I realize that with some work and refinement I too can achieve that wonderful goal. Seeing that others have achieved this encourages me to forge ahead.

While many feel that passing is the ultimate goal, as I ponder, play and experiment I am starting to realize that developing a personal style, sanding off the rough edges and creating a cute feminine illusion is a more important goal. If I can achieve a look that makes me feel cute and confident I believe being passable becomes less of an issue as I move out of the closet and into public spaces. I believe this to be true of so many things in life; confidence helps dispel rejection and instead creates curiosity. Now I am not saying that this is true in all contexts, however, I suspect this is a truism much of the time. If you are confident, disarming, charming and most importantly cute then I expect for the most part the public will either be curious about us or ignore us and get on with their lives. That thought has helped me to start becoming less nervous about doing this and helps dispel some of my fears of discovery by people I know. I am hoping that as I develop my style and confidence that I will reach a point where it will not matter to me anymore who knows. What they will be seeing is a more real and authentic me.

I know that so many of us have whined and complained about the unfairness of society, but that whimpering will change nothing. I feel that as more and more male to female cuties are seen walking about in the world there will develop a natural level of acceptance of what and who we are. We will start to be seen as normal males who also enjoy feminine modes of expression, no less a male than any other male, just perhaps somewhat cuter.

Kate Simmons
08-15-2006, 07:14 AM
I've pretty much reached my goal of looking like a woman, now I'm developing my personality. Everyone is different and unique. I enjoy everyone for who they are. Anyway, from where I stand, the thrill isn't gone, it's just beginning. Everyone has their own style, enjoy it Hon. Kay

admirerplus GG
08-19-2006, 04:01 AM
Melissa,

I like your way of thinking in the matter of cuteness. I have observed that it is so true that women generally have much more freedom to express themselves, through their personal style and also their feelings and emotions. There is no doubt in my mind that men should have the same opportunities to express themselves.

In my opinion, society needs more trail-blasers. I believe that there have been and continue to be brave souls who have taken courageous steps towards personal expression. Obviously, there is still much work to be done with regard to human rights and freedom of expression.

I look forward to the day when all men are free to be as cute as women. Expression should be much more than choosing an original tie to go with a classic suit.

I wish you success and happiness in your pursuit!

Kimberly
08-19-2006, 04:27 AM
If there was a testiment to Crossdressing - this would be in it!

Great post, Melissa. The only problems I see with my crossdressing is a kind of catch-22. By creating a "Feminine illusion" we are accepting the cisgender rules that plague us every day, telling us to dress and act like men. Because we dress and act like women, we are conforming to their cisgender rules.

The lines must be blurred, must be moved and wain from day to day. Expression isn't about male and female -- 0 or 1. It's about being who you want to be... so being "female" may not be for all... so I condone an open androgynous expression, depending on the person. If you want to be cute, be girly, act girly, then go for it!! It just bothers me sometimes that by doing so, we are conforming to a whole new set of rules.

xx

Jasmine Ellis
08-19-2006, 06:30 AM
get a style and enjoy

GypsyKaren
08-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Oh how just love being cute, as cute as I can be! It makes me feel real good about myself, and it makes me feel special. I've got quite a wardrobe now, but I'm a confirmed shopaholic who can't stop, so now I just look for things that are "extra" cute, like jeans or skirts with pretty embroidery on them, especially butterflys...I just can't help myself!

Karen

Ginagirl
08-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Melissa
Well said. I too look at women, photos & all things women and admire the cuteness, sexiness, personality they emanate. OPten I find myself saying, Iwish I could wear that or pull that off.

Kaitlyn Michele
08-19-2006, 08:03 AM
melissa

that was a wonderful and well thought out post...

it was very cute :happy:

michele

FROCKYHORROR
08-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Hits the nail on the head for me what you said...I felt i looked so cute last night i just thought how can any one be offended,unerved or disgusted by my presentation, i felt like just going out,whether i passed or not cos i think i looked cute read or not..was wearing tight bootleg jeans,black cami and black see through top that ties up in the front.

Bev06 GG
08-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Yep Melissa,
I think we are pretty cute too. I honestly dont blame any man for wanting to look like us, I think were pretty lucky really because we are allowed to express ourselves just how we want to with little or no fuss.
Our outfits are far more exciting, we get to wear makeup and change our whole image, and jewellery is just fab. If you look at what guys have to experiment with well theres really no competition. Well I dont think so anyhow.
Have you ever thought tho, the reason we get away with it is because we have hormones, mood swings and tantrums when we dont get our own way. Tee hee, only kidding, but tongue in cheek or not, generally speaking women aren't so sensitive to what society thinks of them and what is considered the norm because there aren't quite the same pressures placed on us to conform as there are on men. Oh Gawd thats gonna start a debate isn't it.
Anyway Im off
Take care
BEVxxxxx

Nikki A.
08-19-2006, 09:15 AM
For those of us who can never or really do want to pass you've hit it on the head.
What is wrong with wearing what you feel like wearing as long as it is appropriate for the occasion. If I wanted to wear a denim skirt and tee instead of jeans to go shopping or run errands, would the world crumble. And yet if I did it would probably end my career and maybe my marriage.
I wear panties 95 % of the time, p/h alot in the winter. (Wife accepts but not real supportive.) No sexual thrill anymore, but just more comfortable than mens briefs.
Be it cute or just having the option isn't it what some of us are looking for?

Johanna R
08-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Melissa

You have a wonderful insight and have captured something that I'm sure many of us feel. When you dress to please yourself, so you are comfortable then others will accept you for what you are.

Years back I did my best to create an illusion with the goal of passing and the harder I tried, the less successful I was. As time has gone by I have become more comfortable and confidant and now dress to achieve a look that I like, that makes me feel good. I do not try to pass when in pubilc, I just go out for fun. Now I often am complimented on my appearance and how I carry myself. Recently I was at a club and a woman asked me to dance. After about a minute on the dance floor she asked me "you are a girl, right?" Perhaps it was the lighting, or maybe "beer goggles" but I just smiled and said no... :happy: