PDA

View Full Version : how many CDs are out there?

crispy
12-14-2004, 01:02 AM
I noticed a reference by Hiede in another thread about 35% of men being like us.

I know we've had threads on similar topics before, but now we have so many new members and lurkers.

I would love to know what percentage of men have done it or do it, to some extent or other. Does anybody have any idea? Are we in the minority?

Sharon
12-14-2004, 01:11 AM
I would guess less than ten percent. I've read that ten percent are homosexual, and I would imagine that the number of CD's is less.

Nikki A.
12-14-2004, 01:16 AM
I believe that a high percentage(50%) have tried dressing, But a smaller percentage continue and even a smaller percentage admit it to others or themselves

Trinity_cat
12-14-2004, 01:51 AM
I would guess less than ten percent. I've read that ten percent are homosexual, and I would imagine that the number of CD's is less.
I have to disagree with you Sharon. I believe (now) that we out number homosexuals by twice as many.

Julie
12-14-2004, 02:13 AM
I have to go with Trinity on this one and say around 20% but feel this figure could be much higher.

JJ

Abraxas
12-14-2004, 02:17 AM
It's difficult to really know, with something like this, because so few people are willing to admit they are "Different". I believe the number of men who have crossdressed (even if they are not CD or TV) is quite high. The number of TVs/ CDs is obviously quite a bit lower, but nobody can really say for certain. I would guess at least 20% are at least part- time.
What I wonder is the percent of CDs who are out.

Felicity
12-14-2004, 03:14 AM
I have to go with Trinity as well. One statistic someone sited on this board was about 3% makes in the emergency room were wearing panties. I don't know how accurate this is, but it sounds about right to me. I believe uninflated numbers for homosexuals are about 1%, but my memory may be off. Ten percent sounds about right for CD'rs. As far as I know, most crossdressers are strait, and only a some, I think about 40% gays crossdress.

Wow, my memory may be flaky. I have seen the statistics before. I remember seing a 10% figure for homosexuality also, but heavily disputed because of the questions in a poll used to get that high a number.

Amelie
12-14-2004, 08:34 AM
I voted,, don't give a damn. It doesn't really matter to me how many. There are so many CDs in the closet, it will never be known.
If it was me taking a poll, I would want to know how many CDs are out of the closet, and out and about. This is more relevant to me. I would like to know the percentage of CDs that are out at malls, clubs, driving, etc.
To me,,I don't care who is at home dressing,, to me it is the same as watching Television at home. It is not important. What is important to me is the CDs who are out and about.
I know if one dresses at home is still considered a CD, it's just that I don't give a damn, like my vote says. I am in no way condeming Cds who dress at home, what they do is fine, have fun. I would like to count the percentage that go out.
Amelie

eleventhdr
12-14-2004, 09:23 AM
You would be very surprised as to how many of us males crossdress and continue to do so it is higher then you might expect or belive!. Many of us want to be as much a girl as we can most of the time and very problay would dress female almost all of the time permitted to do so. Some would even change sex given the chance. Thank's Suzy!.

Vivian Best
12-14-2004, 10:20 AM
I think the answer to how many of us there are depends on who you ask! One so called expert will say one thing and another will say something else. Since most of us are in the closet or at least in the home no one can really say with statistical certainty. My personal belief is around 2% of the male population are CDrs and probably 10% have tried it at some point in their lives.

Vivian

Wendy me
12-15-2004, 08:53 AM
i think that most "guys" have at least at one time or anouther tryed dressing out mabey not to the exteram but "dabed"

the ones that still do is probly more than you think ............think abought it sisters how manny of us out thear no one has a clue abought ????????????????? how can you gess how maney cd out their if we are so mutch in hideing?????????????

LauraB
12-15-2004, 05:35 PM
I also agree with Trinity

I think we outnumber Gay folks

Love
Laura :cool:

Amelie
12-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Could some one tell me how you count CDs to Gays?
I am Gay and I am a CD, where am I counted. You can't make a comparison gays to CDs. Some gays like myself are Cds. Whenever i go to clubs, all I encounter are gay or Bi CDs, with a few hetros Cds. The number of straight CDs will never be known, because most of you are stuck in the closet. You can only guess at the number of straight CDs. While I, going out to the clubs see mostly gay CDs, I know they exist, I can see them. Straight Cds I can not see, even on this forum, there is no way I can tell if someone is a CD. Most here are just words on a screen, I can't tell if someone here is a CD or a Rodeo Clown(No offence Wen). So if I go by what I can see with my own eyes, not only are there more gay people out there, there are more gay CDs than straight CDs.
You can argue and say most straight CDs are closeted, that is fine, but until I see these straight CDs, I won't believe they exist.
Amelie

Sharon
12-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Jeez Amelie! I believe in Santa Claus and I've never seen him! Just a bunch of Claus-dressers at the stores. :D

Stephanie Brooks
12-15-2004, 10:51 PM
I'd probably fit the description of "straight cd" in that I'm practicing hetero and I crossdress. At present I'm in a purge, but it won't last; I can see myself approach its end.

I've been out functioning in the real world en femme. I've gone to movies, dinner, I've even presented a program on crossdressing at a couple of "general public" conventions. I've attended conventions en femme, general public and science fiction/fantasy. I drive en femme, go to the malls and shop en femme. I've been read in public, and have had men hold doors open for me in public.

When I must dress en drab, when the weather permits I wear shorts and nylons. I work in engineering, but do so on a shifted schedule. Accordingly, I work Saturdays, and am typically wearing shorts and nylons.

DonnaT
12-16-2004, 12:14 AM
until I see these straight CDs, I won't believe they exist.

I might be free to head up to Baltimore Sat. Amelie. I'm straight. :) Anyone else wanna go?

Amelie
12-16-2004, 06:00 AM
I might be free to head up to Baltimore Sat. Amelie. I'm straight. :) Anyone else wanna go?

I know there are straight Cds, I know they exist. What I was trying to say is I don't think there are as many as we think there are. If straight CDs out-numbered gay people, I would have thought there would be some that go out. An example, within walking distance from where I live, there are maybe 10-15 gay bars or clubs. Yet in the whole of the Baltimore area, there is not one CD bar, I would have thought that if straight CDs outnumbered gays, they could at least fill one bar. They might be in the closet, but this is what makes it difficult to count them.
So until I see them out there, I will always think the number of straight CDs are low. I can't believe there are 15,000 straight CDs living in Baltimore, yet they can't fill a bar on a Sat. night. And Baltimore is not a bad place for CDs, it is similar to NYC.
Even when I was living in NYC there was maybe 3-4 CD bars going at one time. The figure for Cds living within the city limits would have been roughly 175,000 straight CDs. Yet they couldn't even fill 3 bars.
Amelie

DonnaT
12-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Well I may be up there anyway :D on Sat. To do some Xmas shopping at the Bears Paw and check out Woodcraft nearby.

As for the straight CDs, many of us do not go to clubs. Especially the older married ones :)

So you are right, you just can't count all the CDs since so many of us a well hidden, thus a reasonable estimate/percentage is unatainable.

Rachel Elizabeth
12-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Do we really care?

I'm with Amelie.

No offense, DonnaT, but some of us older married ones visit clubs quite frequently. I know other consultants, pilots, etc., who take their feminine side with them and let her out when away from home.

Vallari
12-16-2004, 01:50 PM
I voted for not caring, although Ive often heard the following over the years from various sources:

5-10% of population is gay
1 out of 10 every men CD

I doubt that these are very accurate at all, but just my two cents though. :o

Rachel Ann
12-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Not ready to vote yet but leaning towards the current poll leaders.

BUT ... the Internet has SO changed the universe! Before I got here I thought I was one of a handful of widely scattered people. I never had a concept of how many of us there are! And learning that has so helped me come to terms with myself. :)

5-10% of population is gay ... 1 out of 10 every men CD ... I doubt that these are very accurate at all, but just my two cents though. :o
I have also read that 10% of the population is alcoholic, but I don't know how anyone could possibly know that. (Ditto for gays, CDs.) Does a gay alcoholic CD count three times?

Vickie-CD
12-22-2004, 06:48 AM
I believe we are without a doubt the minority, there are a lot that have the fetish to wear womens underclothing, but for us(for the most part) that take it all the way, regardless off sexual orientation, far exceeds a fetish. Being such a large part of our lives, I really think it is a part of our genetic make up, which most do not experiance. For me, I don't do it to "get off", I honestly feel that I am letting my true inner self out. That is why it is so hard for others to understand, When it is your true self comeing out it is very difficult to explain to others that have never experianced it and they don't have a clue. This is only my thoughts on the subject.
Luv U All.
Vickie

Vickie-CD
12-22-2004, 06:54 AM
Not ready to vote yet but leaning towards the current poll leaders.

BUT ... the Internet has SO changed the universe! Before I got here I thought I was one of a handful of widely scattered people. I never had a concept of how many of us there are! And learning that has so helped me come to terms with myself. :)

I have also read that 10% of the population is alcoholic, but I don't know how anyone could possibly know that. (Ditto for gays, CDs.) Does a gay alcoholic CD count three times?
Hi Rachel, does a gay alcoholic CD count three times, Of course it does, don't you remember the song "Three Times A Lady"?? Now we know what Lionel Richey was up to when he recorded the song!!!!!
Luv,
Vickie :)

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-22-2004, 07:13 AM
I have nine co-workers all of which say they dont cross dress so it must be me. I'm happy; so its there loss.