PDA

View Full Version : the pain of dressing

cherll
08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Hello girls im cherll ,and ive been dressing since i was about 7 or 8 years old . I got devorced about three years ago and have really tryed to get more into dressing . I buy my own cloths and i love the casual classie look. I recently bought alot of cloths . and was so excited about that. they all fit nicely . I sleep dressed now and get up dressed the only time im not dressed is when im at work. im 52 and here latly im obsessed with it . i just cant find balance and im miserable . please please sisters any help would be so nice . I dont want to give it up and im miserable when I think I might have to . HELP email me at gasmoron_indot@yahoo.com or write your experence on here any girls from nw indiana would be so nice to talk with i just need a pen pal for now .

Bernadina
08-15-2006, 12:14 PM
It sounds like CDing may be something you need right now.

If its not causing you real difficulties, with life and society, then I'd just go with it and enjoy the ride. I'm sure that at some point you will find other things to add balance to your life if you are open the opportunites as they present themselves.

Karren H
08-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Well balance is highly over rated in my opinion!! Hehe.

And you worry about having to give up crossdressing because???? Wasn't quite clear but it appears you've got it made. Male by day, female by night. The ultamate balancing act! So why worry and fret....just get on with your life (or lives) and have a blast!!

Love Karren

GypsyKaren
08-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Why would you have to give it up? If you're doing something that you enjoy, and it doesn't effect the standard of living or quality of life of others, then I don't see a problem.

Do you accept yourself for who you are? Acceptance is the key to balance, balance is the key to acceptance, find one and you have the other.

Also, welcome to the family, from a fellow inhabitant of the vast desert also known as NW Indiana.

Karen

Nigella
08-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Well balance is highly over rated in my opinion!! Hehe.

And you worry about having to give up crossdressing because???? Wasn't quite clear but it appears you've got it made. Male by day, female by night. The ultamate balancing act! So why worry and fret....just get on with your life (or lives) and have a blast!!

Love Karren

The ultimate balancing act is being p***ed on 6 inch heels :heehee:

DonnaT
08-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi Cherll,

What are you really miserable about?

A. Not being able to dress 24/7?
or

B. Being obsessed with dressing?

I accepted my transness a long long time ago. Of course I didn't even know the word "transgender" (umbrella term for CD/TV/TS/etc.), so I actually accepted myself for all of who I am.

For A above, try underdressing at work.

For B above, don't worry so much. It's natural. Many of us have been obsessed with it, after having not dressed in a while. The obsession will usually dissipate after a while.

Byllie
08-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Be kind to yourself, Cherll; too often we beat ourselves up for being nothing more than human. Try to remember to be true to yourself, to like yourself and the way you are. Acknowledge your faults, and try to deal with them, but CD is not one of them; it's a blessing IMHO. There's a new you being born, and births can be painful. Remember to breath and take time, make time for yourself.

Volca
08-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I'ma fellow crossdresser too, and I know how it feels to have obsessions. With video games. I would play them all the time, letting them take over my life. I just took a vacation and made myself not play them for 2 weeks and now, I still enjoy playing them, but I'm not obsessed. Dont know if that will apply to crossdressing, but it worked for me.

Julie York
08-15-2006, 04:29 PM
It comes and goes. When you let it lose it can be a bit overwhelming, but it settles down. It even goes away.

You're not harming anyone.

Jasmine Ellis
08-15-2006, 05:19 PM
just be happy

Charleen
08-15-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm on my own as well, and like you I have the luxury of dressing all the time except for work as well. Donna mentioned under dressing and thats what I do at work. One theme that always runs through threads like this is the need to come to terms with the fact that this is who we are and there ain't a thing we can do about it so as hard as it may seem for some, we need to accept the fact. There are probably as many levels of CDing as there are members on this site, so my advice is to find your own comfort level, keeping in mind that our "urges" wax and wan, and not worry either way and not get caught up in the "What's the matter with me-I'm dressing too much, or not dressing enough" thinking. See my signature at the bottom. I heard that years ago and it makes absolute sense to me in all aspects of my life today, especially when it comes to accepting that I'm Lily. Hang in there my sister. This too shall pass. Somethings pass like a kidnet stone, but they pass! Love and xxxxx, Lily

gennee
08-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Self acceptance and being who you are will add balance into your life. I found completeness and liberation the day I accepted that I was crossdresser. I haven't looked back.

Gennee

Billie Jean
08-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Flip Wilson as Geraldine used to say,"If it feels good, Do it." Balance for one is imbalance for another. Billie Jean

Ranee Daze
08-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Beauty, or vanity, knows no pain.