PDA

View Full Version : about taking hormones

Volca
08-15-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm really wanting to take hormones so I can develop breasts, etc. Should I go to the doctor and have him prescribe me real estrogen suppliments, or do any of the over the counter hormones from all the crossdressing sales websites have the same effect?

DonnaT
08-15-2006, 02:50 PM
always see a doctor. They need to track how they are affecting your body, by blood work.

You never know what you are really getting by taking unprescribed hormones. This could easily damage your liver, heart, kidneys.

Teresa Amina
08-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Visit the Yahoo group TsDoItYourselfHormones. Many there to answer your questions, but I can tell you that the over the counter stuff won't do anything for you. Your body is awash with testosterone and that has to be dealt with, too. The Supplemental stuff won't overcome that!

Nyx
08-15-2006, 03:15 PM
"Over the counter" hormones are most often phytoestrogens (plant estrogens). These have nearly no effect, unless tou take them in massive doses, at which point they can be dangerously toxic for your liver.

In other words, they don't work. If you're lucky, you'll get a tiny amount of effect from them, but most likely not... And even if you did, it would take long and would not possibly compare with what real hormones can do for you in a matter of a few months...

So just go see a doctor and do things properly!

Dee 1062
08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33358

check this out...If you can find a Dr. to give you the ..hormones.alot of them will not.

Volca
08-15-2006, 04:32 PM
hmmm...sounds like the real stuff is the way to go...about how expensive is it?

Jasmine Ellis
08-15-2006, 05:16 PM
go see the doctor

Janelle Young
08-15-2006, 07:17 PM
The OTC 'hormones' are good for one thing only, emptying your wallet.