PDA

View Full Version : Don't think i'll ever be passable

virusTHPS
08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm 6'2 - 6'2 1/2 .. 250-260..

I'm a thick girl.. But the problem is i'm so tall and still built like a football player.. Any suggestions.. I have curves like girls.. but i've almost never seen a 6'2 girl that someone has ever been interested in

Jesse69
08-15-2006, 08:59 PM
When I was overweight I thought I was never passable. Never tried a wig or breastforms cuz I didn't beleive in myself. Then I lost a lot of weight, fit into size 4 stuff, bought a wig and breastforms - and was amazed at how good and passable I looked.

Kaitlyn Michele
08-15-2006, 09:37 PM
hey!!!!!

I'm 6'2""

boo hoo!!!!

by the way...i've been shopping in malls, walked into hotels and even visited a pool(still cant beleive i did that!) i've been leered at by janitors, i've been complimented by nice ladies, and called "miss" and "maam" by sales clerks..

i've also been called amazon, freak and the worst///oh my god!! thats a guy!!

but in the end i'm glad i did it!!!

Jesse69
08-15-2006, 10:04 PM
The nice thing about being 6' 2" is that women want to date tall men.

I quit trying to be a professional basketball player when I stopped growing at 5' 4" in freshman year H.S.

Nyx
08-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Well if your avatar pic is you, you seem to be doing pretty good...

You should know the face is what matters the most in terms of passability...

I think you stand a fair chance... Just... Don't wear heels ;)

Sandygal
08-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Wow! I wish I was 6'2". I wish I could be that short.

Dee 1062
08-15-2006, 10:29 PM
have you seen alot of these young GG, wow most are very tall, what ever happen to 5 foot 2 her eyes are blue?

Julogden
08-15-2006, 10:46 PM

I'm a thick girl.. But the problem is i'm so tall and still built like a football player.. Any suggestions.. I have curves like girls.. but i've almost never seen a 6'2 girl that someone has ever been interested in
Hi,

I'm 6'5".

In my younger days when I was more active, I was around 235-240, not exactly skinny, but got lots of compliments regarding my looks, so height isn't necessarily the end of the world, and since there's nothing you can do about it, you just have to accept that part of yourself and do your best with all other aspects of your appearance that you do have control over.

Unfortunately, I've let my weight go way up over the past few years, but now I'm working hard to lose that weight, and I will do it.

I'd be deleriously happy to only be 6'2"!!

And just for the record, there were quite a few people interested in me back in the old days, so no more self-pity party hon, suck it up and get to work! :hugs:

Good luck, you can do it!
Carol:happy:

P.S. If you'd like to see how good a tall girl can look, take a look at the movie "Soldier's Girl", as Lee Pace, the actor that played Calpernia Addams is 6'3" and looks gorgeous, even taking into account the prosthetics.

Charleen
08-15-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm 6'1" myself, but that's niether here nor there. I work in a tourist town and have seen just about everything! Gotta admit not too many real tall GGs but those I have seen are mostly knockouts. Some I've even had to look up at! Yeah, there have been a couple that could have played right tackle for the Giants, but if you think about it, we all come in various shapes and sizes. Gotta agree that heels might not make it for you though. Love and xxxx, Lily

angelfire
08-15-2006, 11:01 PM
I think I had a 'date' with a female linebacker last week. It was quite the...umm....'experience'.

I'm 6'2, and weigh around 280...down from 340 in 4-5 months. I'm still losing, and I just stepped up my diet. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be passable, because I am somewhat built, and don't have a feminine figure (or face) at all.

ReginaK
08-16-2006, 02:14 AM

http://www.tallwomen.org/

kittypw GG
08-16-2006, 04:12 AM

My best advice is to stop thinking that you will "pass". My husband and I have had this discussion. Isn't it more important that you feel right for you? It seems that the ones who place more importance on "passing" really miss out on a full, healthy, balanced life because they are so wrapped up in something that will never be. When you feel right about yourself, your body language reflects that and people respond to positive happy people regardless of their outward apparence. When you don't feel right your body language reflects that as well. Shoulders droop, eye contact is less, little or no smiling. People respond to that by stearing clear because it appears that there is something wrong with you. Try to live in reality and do the best that you can with what you have got to work with. It will be better for you in the long run. Good luck Kitty:hugs:

Dragster
08-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Julogden,
You're not Big John in your other life are you?

"Stood 6 foot 6 and weighed 245,
Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip,
And everybody knew you didn't give no lip to Big John"

Ah no, Big John died in a mining accident. Maybe he was your Dad?

Tony

Kate Simmons
08-16-2006, 04:30 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself, Hon. "Passing" is only relative. No one "fails" on this Forum. Kay

Jasmine Ellis
08-16-2006, 08:23 AM
go and have fun

admirerplus GG
08-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Virus,

I can identify with wanting to be a smaller person. I am a plus size GG. In my experience, I have been rejected so many times because I do not have a typical petite, feminine body.

However, I have also come to discover that there are men in the world who think I am just beautiful. I try to make the very most out of my look. I wear nice clothing, makeup, accessories et cetera. I have respect for myself and my image.

Most importantly, I try to maintain a positive attitude. Any person who smiles, and makes direct eye contact is damn sexy! Expressing confidence and a positive attitude is very attracting. You are so lucky to have a body that women typically find very sexy in a man. But you also have an amazing body that can be equally sexy as a woman, with a positive attitude.

You go Girl!

Atlanta Peach GG
08-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Virus.........

from my experience I have seen some extremely passable "fluffy" gurls.........really!!

You are also young too, and so you have that going for you. Is that you in your picture?? You look pretty passable from what I can see.........

You are doing fine........!! Just practice, practice, practice with your make up and you will look great!!

Welcome to the board!! :hugs:

MelissaAndProudOfIt
08-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I found this page of famous women, that I guess you could look up to lol, no pun intended lol, If you think you have problems... look at these on this link...

http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-famous-tall-women

virusTHPS
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
It is me in my picture. It's just i'm chunky and I have big shoulder and neck muscles.. I mean once i get the make-up on i'm fine face wise.. its just the body i worrry about.. I mean I have 'junk in the trunk'. But my legs and arms are kind of muscular

Karren H
08-16-2006, 10:54 AM
It is me in my picture. It's just i'm chunky and I have big shoulder and neck muscles.. I mean once i get the make-up on i'm fine face wise.. its just the body i worrry about.. I mean I have 'junk in the trunk'. But my legs and arms are kind of muscular

Well you could always change your name to Oldga and try for the East German weight lifter girl look!! Hehehe.

But hey, I was 220 and now I'm 175. Got to want something bad enough and work hard at it. So layoff the upper body exersizes and muscular legs look great in nylons!! And eat better, no snacks after dinner...naughty girl!! :). And select clothing that hides some of your muscular features...aka no more little black sleveless dresses, longer sleved tops are good..and always layers.

So maybe you don't pass...you can always look better and you may be to only one that cares!

Love Karren

tekla west
08-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Passing is largely a myth, what people think of as passing is in fact others not caring. Do what feels right for you. No one outside of your intimate world really cares at all.

Ashley Helen
08-16-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't believe I will ever be passable, and I have very little opportunity to dress but, in response to the poll thread, I want to express my feminine side.
Therefore, I have set myself a target of losing a lot of my excess weight and booking myself into a dressing service at the end of the diet. If they can make me anywhere near passable I will be over the moon.
When will this visit to a dressing service targetted to take place? Around November 2007, my 60th birthday. I have lost weight before and put it back on, this time I want to take it slowly and make it part of a permanent lifestyle change.

Love

Helen xx

MsJanessa
08-16-2006, 11:48 AM
hey!!!!!

I'm 6'2""

boo hoo!!!!

by the way...i've been shopping in malls, walked into hotels and even visited a pool(still cant beleive i did that!) i've been leered at by janitors, i've been complimented by nice ladies, and called "miss" and "maam" by sales clerks..

i've also been called amazon, freak and the worst///oh my god!! thats a guy!!

but in the end i'm glad i did it!!!

Hon with your good looks you are like Me---a Glamazon---if you ever get to Maine, please contact Me would love to meet.

Julogden
08-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Julogden,
You're not Big John in your other life are you?

"Stood 6 foot 6 and weighed 245,
Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip,
And everybody knew you didn't give no lip to Big John"

Ah no, Big John died in a mining accident. Maybe he was your Dad?

Tony

Oddly enough, my male name IS John, and yes, many at work used to use that nick name for me. I put up with it, as it was always used in a friendly manner.

Fortunately, I'm not all that broad at the shoulder, and the hips are pretty wide, so there's a little comfort for me!

Just for the record, I've never worked in a mine.:winking:

Carol:hugs:

Julogden
08-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Your face looks great in your avatar photo, as others have mentioned.

If that's an accurate photo, then you have a major part of the battle won. The right clothing can go a long way toward disguising extra weight. A good wig that complements your face is important too. Face, hair and attitude are all you need! (OK, maybe an over-simplification, but there's a large degree of truth in that statement)

Good luck,
Carol:hugs:

GG Vanya
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
My best advice is to stop thinking that you will "pass". My husband and I have had this discussion. Isn't it more important that you feel right for you? It seems that the ones who place more importance on "passing" really miss out on a full, healthy, balanced life because they are so wrapped up in something that will never be. When you feel right about yourself, your body language reflects that and people respond to positive happy people regardless of their outward apparence. When you don't feel right your body language reflects that as well. Shoulders droop, eye contact is less, little or no smiling. People respond to that by stearing clear because it appears that there is something wrong with you. Try to live in reality and do the best that you can with what you have got to work with. It will be better for you in the long run. Good luck Kitty:hugs:

:iagree: EXCELLENT post Kitty! It saddens me to see such emphasis on "passing". Sure, there are security issues if you go out alone and get clocked in a dark area by hoodlums intent on doing you harm. But, isn't the main purpose of crossdressing to just BE?
I love Trudi's remark concerning how she feels when dressed: She is a human "being" instead of a human "doing". (I say she's a kept woman, :p i.e. she doesn't go to work, doesn't pay bills, doesn't do yard work, etc.)

Trudi isn't all that tall (5'9") but in heels she becomes a demi amazon woman. Does that concern me? Not so much you can tell it! :D No matter what my husband is wearing, it's STILL my husband underneath, and I love being able to look up to him/her in every sense of the word. :happy:

The fact of the matter is, unless you're on hormones and/or post op,(including FFS, SRS, Lazer, adam's apple shave,voice/vocal chord modification, etc.) someone SOMEWHERE is gonna clock ya. You may pass to the unknowing/anaware people on the street, but to the "trained eye" there are always small details that give you away.

Just enjoy your duality and stop worrying so much about passing!:hugs:

P.S. Most M2F CDs have issues with shoulders and arms. There are ways to cleverly disguise this. Oh, and the GG's who are 36-24-36 are the exception rather than the rule.

ronda
08-16-2006, 07:06 PM
iam 6'1" and love to wear my 4" i don't know that i am passable but i like me when i am dressed and i feel good about myself so what else matters :hugs: :happy:

Tamara Barclay
08-16-2006, 07:44 PM
You look great!! And we are similar sizes!
I don't go out like I used to, but I would emphasis my "femine" shape. Breast forms that fit your body, a good waist cincher, and some thigh and fanny pads help alot. Heck, my wifes step sister is the same size I am...and I gotta admit I look more femine in public!!!
Alot of it comes down to attitude...you might get read, but so what. I have only known one 100% plus passable CD in my life (no hormones or surgery). She also was 5'2", oriental, and could shop in the Juniors section at Target!

Cristi
08-16-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm 6'1" at 220lbs. I think the only reason I'd like to 'pass' is so I could go out dressed comfortably without having to worry about a negative reaction.

I certainly can't wear heels if I don't want to tower above all the other girls (more than I already do) but I was heartened to realize a while ago that I know at least a few GGs that are over 6', and one of them is a real knockout!

I go back and forth on how 'passable' I am... at times, I think I could do pretty well if I ever got this eye makeup thing figured out, and with dark glasses I look fairly good in photos. At other times, I see pics of myself and don't think I could pass on a pitch black night at 50 paces!!

The only time I really go out in public is halloween anyway, so I don't have any real-world testing. But even on halloween I've been in stores and malls where I thought I'd get SOME reaction to my 'costume' but didn't even get a 2nd glance.

I don't know... I don't think anybody can really judge their own ability to pass since no matter how much makeup you put on you still see 'you' underneath.

I'm working toward eventually NOT passing... and not giving a d*$n. :)

Cristi
08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
One thing that makes me want to do it all over again is that I look back at pics of myself when I was much younger and see now that I COULD Have passed in my teens with little effort beyond shaving my legs, pulling on a dress, and applying lipstick! But I was convinced then, as I am now, that people would see right through it so I never really tried. :(

Ally K
09-24-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm sort of in the same boat... I'm 6'3" and near 300 lbs, somewhat muscular and what not....

Its all about the clothes, and fighting the urge not to wear my size 15 5 inch platforms lol. (but gah, they're so hot!)

From seeing the pictures, you do have a lovely face. Thats a great start!

-Ally

Katrina
09-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Virus,
You look absolutely beautiful in your avatar picture! You have a very feminine face.

Rachel Morley
09-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Virus, You look absolutely beautiful in your avatar picture! You have a very feminine face.
:yt: I totally agree in your avatar your face does look very feminine.

trannie T
09-24-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm 6'3" and 350# and have a deep voice. While it would be nice to pass I realize that will never happen, so I try to enjoy dressing as much as I can. One nice thing about being 6'3" is that even if you are seen as a man in a dress very few people will talk much smack in your presence.

MsJanessa
09-25-2006, 11:44 AM
The nice thing about being 6' 2" is that women want to date tall men.

I quit trying to be a professional basketball player when I stopped growing at 5' 4" in freshman year H.S.
well I'm 5'11'' so when I meet a tall guy, I just order him to get on his knees before Me--lol:dom: ps--don't worry about "passing"--the whole idea is too look really hot---hotter than the GGs--it doesn't matter then whether you "pass" or not

SherriePall
09-25-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm 5'10" and used to feel tall until I looked at the site ReginaK linked to. All those tall, beautiful women. Guess, I'll never worry about that problem any more. Goes to show you that we worry about too much when we dress to go out in the public.

Robin Leigh
09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
If you're a tall girl, some people will wonder if you're TG. It cant be helped, it comes with the territory. If it makes you feel any better, it also happens to tall GGs, no matter what they look like. Imagine what it could do to a GG's ego to get approached by a tranny admirer who thinks he's scored...

Robin

Ranee Daze
09-25-2006, 07:00 PM
You are going to get read, we all are going to get read! So, they see a man in a dress, so what? Your goal is that they can't possibly say "which" man in a dress. Get to work on a look and get out and have some fun!