PDA

View Full Version : What to do!?

cheerleaderbabe
08-16-2006, 10:38 AM
hey girls!

so i am in a bad time right now. I was home over the summer from college. My gf nows a dress but my mom and dad don't. They came home one day and i was home with my girlfriend and i was wearing a short denim skirt and a pink top with my hair up in a ponytail. They know that i like to dress now. What should i do now?

Samantha Lough
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
How did they react? would be my question?

cheerleaderbabe
08-16-2006, 10:48 AM
well i was suprised when my mom said that she liked having a daughter and said i looked cute. My dad yelled and told me to change right that minute.

suzy
08-16-2006, 11:06 AM
My recommendation is to be forthright and honest with both your mom and dad. Your life is YOUR life. If this is your choice, then explain how you feel and enjoy your life. What's to question?:hugs:

tekla west
08-16-2006, 11:09 AM
I would suggest that you continue to dress with your GF and stop doing it with your dad.

Samantha Lough
08-16-2006, 11:25 AM
I would suggest that you continue to dress with your GF and stop doing it with your dad.

And go shopping with your mom

Ashley Helen
08-16-2006, 11:28 AM
My advice would be to dress when your girlfriend or mum is around and seek your mum's support in bringing dad around to accepting you as you are.
If dad is still totally against you have to decide either to not do it in front of him or do it and accept the fallout.
Good luck

Love

Helen xx

fionasboots
08-16-2006, 11:30 AM
And go shopping with your mom

Yep, I agree, sounds like a great plan!

I presume you Dad is fine with you having a girlfriend? Well if he's happy for you to have that it's none of his business what you two get up to!

Sounds like you have a fun, understanding, and accepting girlfriend - make the most of it, have fun :heehee:

Roberta Lynn
08-16-2006, 01:15 PM

And in this case, you might suggest to your dad
Don't knock it till you've tried it.:straightface:

pinkshelly
08-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Shopping with the girls is always a good time. Leave dad home and GO SHOPPING.
Huggs, Shelly.

Annesah
08-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I'd bet your dad will come around if you don't push him. Most people adapt expecially if they love you.

GG Vanya
08-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Yep, I agree, sounds like a great plan!

I presume you Dad is fine with you having a girlfriend? Well if he's happy for you to have that it's none of his business what you two get up to!

Sounds like you have a fun, understanding, and accepting girlfriend - make the most of it, have fun :heehee:

Well now Fiona,

This is dangerous adivce to be giving to someone who obviously still lives at home with his parents. As long as Mom and Dad are providing food and shelter it really IS their business what goes on in their home. This sort of attitude could very well get this person kicked to the curb if they take it seriously and act on it literally.

I'd much rather see Cheerleader talk at length with his/her Mother. Perhaps a more indepth feeling for how the Dad feels could be gained this way. Moms have always been great liasons in parental matters. I am not suggesting that Mom should be "pitted" against Dad, but perhaps Mom could give insight on how to better approach Dad about the whole situation.

sara_also
08-16-2006, 05:51 PM
I agree with GG Vana....Deal with things slowly...Don't push those that don't want to be pushed.

older not wiser
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
I TOTALLY agree with GG Vanya, anything less then this advice would in my opinion become a really bad scene.

Love; BonnieAnne