PDA

View Full Version : I got 'em! Pink & white permanent French gel nail pix

DanaJ
12-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Well, I did it! I am now the proud owner of 10 pink and white permanent French gel nails. I have to say - I love them! They are so glossy and smooth, I can't keep from looking at them constantly. The nails look so clean and classy, I really don't want to remove them - but alas I will have to :(

Anyway, I took my camera and got a series of photos of them getting done. If anyone is interested I will put them together and show how they are done.

I am going to post three pix, here is the first:

DanaJ
12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Second pic....

DanaJ
12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Third and last pic...

DanaJ
12-14-2004, 01:04 PM
If anyone wants to see larger higher res pix, they are below:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/permfrench3b.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/permfrench4b.jpg

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow! Excellent Dana! I'm turning green with envy. Those nails are beautiful, grrrrr such pretty hands too :) Fabulous pictures!

Love and Hugs
Tristen

Sharon
12-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Gorgeous Dana, simply gorgeous!!
The hell with removing them!! Just wear Playtex gloves everywhere. :)

DanaJ
12-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Thanks Tristen and Sharon... you know, I do this for myself, but it is nice to hear compliments :)

DanaJ

KewTnCurvy GG
12-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Very nice, I'm a hand woman myself so appreciate a well manicured set. :)

I think I like the way they do your french better than the way I'm getting mine done; how did you say they did yours???

hugs
kew

DanaJ
12-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Erica, I am getting mine off on Thursday, so I guess in a way I am passing them on to you :) Please post pix of yours too....

DanaJ

Marlene4a
12-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Dana: Very nice.

When yer done with them, take 'em off, then send them in the mail to Joanna. She will then forward them on to me.

Sharon: Then I will "rent" them to you. lol.

Beautiful nails girl !!

Me

JoannaDees
12-15-2004, 02:30 AM
Ooooooh! Very nice. Dana haaaasss girlyyyyy hands! ;)

Sharon
12-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Wow Erica! Gorgeous!
I've got to find a nail tech!

Marlene4a
12-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Allison & Erica: Beautiful nails and hands. Gorgeous actually.

I have nothing to show at this time, but I am inspired by you beautiful dolls and the "nail girl" Dana to do something with these "meat hook" hands of mine and make them feminine if that is half-way possible.

Excellent work.

DanaJ
12-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Wow! Great nails both of ya (Allison and Erica)!! I love those French tips, they just look so classy. Allison, when you say re-whitened, do you mean you got a fill?

Erica, can't you set up a timed pic? I use a little mini tripod I got at Target for about $10.

As long as we are all showing, here is another one of my french gels before I had to get them removed

DanaJ

Julie York
12-18-2004, 07:00 PM
It's the hands I'm entranced by. The nails, o.k. you can buy those.
(When do you have to give the hands back?)

Julie York
12-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Damn new I shouldn't post after a little drink. I meant Allisons hands. Amazing! Beautiful on their own.

DanaJ
12-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Slightly different thing from just getting the infills. Infills take around 45 minutes and cost me £16.50 ($32), the re-whitening takes twice as long and costs £23.00 ($45). I need to get one or the other every two weeks, one session infill, the next whitening, and so on.

Having the acrylics re-whitened is basically the same thing as the original session, except you don't need to get the full fake nail fitted at the start of the treatment. Going to work out quite pricey over the years, but well worth it IMHO.Allison, I wonder if the terms are just different on either side of the Atlantic. Here, a fill is when your nails grow out so that they basically just fill in the back part. A Rebalance is when they sort of file down the entire nail to get the nail back a little lower. Otherwise, as you do each fill the new acrylic would get higher and higher. I have never heard of a rewhitening, I will have to ask my nail tech about it. I Know gels are a little different, the white pretty much stays that way as long as you have them on...

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
12-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Gorgeous!
I've got to find a nail tech!

I'll second that Sharon

Erica, Allison, DanaJ...

FANDAMTABULOUS!!

Tamara Croft
12-18-2004, 10:12 PM
WOW I'm so jealous :( I was going to have mine done but my nail tech is full up :( So I was going to get my kit out ( I'm a nail tech too :p ) and do them myself.... much to my HORROR someone *Tammy* has pinched my nail resin grrrrrrrrrrr.... I'll just have to spank her!!!!

Tamara x

DanaJ
12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
WOW I'm so jealous :( I was going to have mine done but my nail tech is full up :( So I was going to get my kit out ( I'm a nail tech too :p ) and do them myself.... much to my HORROR someone *Tammy* has pinched my nail resin grrrrrrrrrrr.... I'll just have to spank her!!!!

Tamara x
I have played around doing nails, I would be happy to do them for you :) Of course, the gels are much much easier to do...... all you gotta do is meet me halfway, say maybe Bermuda?

DanaJ

Tamara Croft
12-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Bermuda!?!?!?!..... Send me a ticket :p

*starts to pack cases* yayayay

Tamara x

DanaJ
12-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Bermuda!?!?!?!..... Send me a ticket :p

*starts to pack cases* yayayay

Tamara xSend you a ticket?? Since I am the one doing the nails, you have to send me a ticket! :D

DanaJ

Tamara Croft
12-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Send you a ticket?? Since I am the one doing the nails, you have to send me a ticket! :D

DanaJ

Awwwww :( :( *cwiez*

DanaJ
12-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Awwwww :( :( *cwiez*No fair! I'm a sucker for a woman's tears..... OK, I'll got check out travel agents and get you a ticket...

DanaJ

Tamara Croft
12-18-2004, 11:09 PM
:) :) Yayayay... *goes to pack again* :p

Tamara x

Adriana
12-19-2004, 12:45 AM
Nice nails ladies! I wish I could get away with having fantastic nails like that (my job would just destroy them in minutes). While on the subject, may I ask what is the best kit/ brand out there for "do it yourself nails"?

DanaJ
12-19-2004, 12:51 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do? I work construction, and I mean steel working - welding, burning, big hammers, all that good stuff. My nails hold up very well, much better than my natural nails ever did.

As far as "do it yourself", that depends on how long you want the nails to last - a few hours, a day, a week?

DanaJ

Adriana
12-19-2004, 01:08 AM
I am a Mfg. engineer, I work in many parts of the factory, but I am around a lot of different paint removers and solvents that could potentially ruin the nails. As for the length of time I would probably only want to have them on for no longer than a day or two maximum.

Adriana

DanaJ
12-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Adriana, it all depends on what kind of solvents - I mean, do you dip your hands in and leave them in for long periods of time? If not, then a nice set of gels will not be affected. So, are you an engineer or a worker? Trust me, I am a steelworker who is one of those manly man big burly worker ant types, and the artificial nails hold up better.

So, unless you actually have your hands immersed in caustic chemicals (which would destroy your skin anyway), the nails are actually tougher with gels than without.

As far as your other question goes, for a day or two just about any glue on complete cover tip should work for you, and there are many brands to choose from. But the removal can be hard on your nails and skin.... please PM me if you want me to go into real details.... hope this helps.

DanaJ

Adriana
12-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Dana J,

Yeah, some times I wonder if I am more of a worker than an engineer. The environment that I work in is not very harsh, but there are times when I need to determine what a problem is on the paint line and I will get in there with maintenance to figure it out.
Thanks for the info on the gels; I might be purchasing myself some in the near future to try them out.

Adriana

Tristen Cox
12-21-2004, 03:32 AM
WOW WOW did I say wow already? I was thinking what in the h*** is she doing up, but now I see :D Awesome! I love the color. That's it. I'm doing mine later.

Love always, and all ways
Tristen

DanaJ
12-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Looking good Erica - how long are you keeping your nails?

Here is a shot of my nails, this is the way they were done for my makeover I had yesterday. Let me tell you, the photo does not do this red justice, it really stands out!

DanaJ

Sharon
12-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Erica, Dana -- beautiful nails! So-o-o-o-o jealous I think as I look down at my pitiful D-I-Y hands.