PDA

View Full Version : Came out to my mother

jamie_44
08-17-2006, 12:30 PM
My mother had been worried that something was not right with me. I asked if other family members had noticed my appearance was different. She said yes. I never was very good at lying (would have made a very bad politician) I could not hold it inside any longer. I told her that I was seeing a therapist about being transgendered. She can't really understand it like most. I told her that my wife also knows everything. She said it would destroy my father if he knew about my feelings so she will not tell him. I did not want her to know about this struggle but I had to let it out sometime and today was it.
Just happened to be on my birthday.

NighttimeGirl
08-17-2006, 02:19 PM
that was a very brave thing you did there, I hope things turn out well for you in the future.

all the very best Girl xxxx

:hugs:

:love:

Sarahgurl371
08-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Jamie, I know how hard this is to do. I told my dad a little over a month ago. I applaud your courage. And hope that things will be even closer between you two now that you have shared yourself with her. Doesn't it feel good to know that, that weight is off?

GypsyKaren
08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Good for you Jamie, you are indeed very brave to take that step, I hope it all works out for you.

Karen

michelle19845
08-17-2006, 11:39 PM
i hope all goes well.it can be hard for others to understand.

Lisa Maren
08-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Hi Jamie

I posted in another thread earlier tonight that my father asked me if everything's allright (just tonight). I said I was just tired. A little while later, my mother put her hands on my shoulders and said, "tell me it's just that you're tired." And I looked her in the face and lied to her. I went up to my room afterwards and I couldn't keep my emotions in. I cried for a few minutes.

I am trying to work up the nerve to tell my mother, though, and as soon as possible. It's very hard to do.

Kudos on your courage in doing so. Bravo!

Hugs,
Lisa

sparks
08-18-2006, 02:06 AM
I have always wanted to talk to Mom about this stuff. She found my stash of girlie stuff many times a child and later a teenager. I wished that either of us had been braver to start the conversation. I really could have used that shoulder.

jamie_44
08-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks to all for telling me how brave it was to bring up the transgendered subject. I guess my father knows also and I am sure more members of the family will know soon too. My parents do not understand anything about it. I think they feel like I am out of my mind. It (transgendered) is hard to explain to others. We had another conversation today and it was not real pleasant. We are all having dinner together tonight, should be an interesting one to say the least. Wish me well in the adventure.

Jenna1561
08-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Jamie,

I wish you well. Though it may take quite a while for others to understand, you have taken the first step. Take it slow and I hope all turns out well.

Jenna

NighttimeGirl
08-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks to all for telling me how brave it was to bring up the transgendered subject. I guess my father knows also and I am sure more members of the family will know soon too. My parents do not understand anything about it. I think they feel like I am out of my mind. It (transgendered) is hard to explain to others. We had another conversation today and it was not real pleasant. We are all having dinner together tonight, should be an interesting one to say the least. Wish me well in the adventure.

I truly wish you well girl hope all goes as smooth as these things possibly can

I will be thinking of you :hugs:

:love: