PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected end to an evening out

Lauren Richards
08-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Warning: Long Post

I have been on the edges for a while, reading, checking in, but saving my post #200 for something special. I think what happened last night qualifies.

My SO, who is very supportive, was out for the evening. I was working on some home improvement projects and after finishing up somewhat late, I decided to get girly. Originally I was planning on just wearing pants and a blouse, and being somewhat casual. However, as I added the hip pads, waist cincher, and breast forms in the transformation process, my mind was also transformed. I found myself upgrading my look to a tight little black mid-thigh skirt with a white blouse under a sheer black and gold patterned loose-fitting top. High heels, YES! I’m only 6’-2” without them, so another 3” is just perfect. Tall, yes, but I just love the way they feel; and the walk. Oh, yes, the walk...but I digress.

What to do, what to do? My car was in the driveway, and there was no way to get to it other than walk out the door in plain sight of any neighbors. I have done this many times, always after dark, and if anyone has seen me, nothing has been mentioned. Sometimes I wish the streetlight was located differently. It was about 10:00pm when I packed my emergency gear (a pair of flats, sweat shirt & sweat pants) in a bag, grabbed my purse, touched up my lipstick, and Lauren went out the door.

It felt great to be out of the house and on the road. I have driven in heels enough to be comfortable, and I felt very comfortable. So comfortable in fact that I thought “well, may as well get some gas”, so down the freeway I went to a station a few miles away. Getting in and out of a mid-80's sports car is such fun in a tight skirt. Hey, who am I kidding? Doing anything in a tight skirt is fun! Anyway, you have to be a lady or it just doesn't work. Gassed up, probably giving the two guys sharing an adult beverage in a truck across the lot something to look at, and then headed to the Post Office. My outfit was a little too dressy for the market, and the Post Office is usually empty. I was in luck again. Spent a few minutes checking out my reflection and wiggle in the big glass windows of the Post Office. Oh! The wonderful sound of my heels on the hard surface floors, reverberating off the walls and ceiling was almost enough to make me stay longer. It was getting late. Time to head home.

It was getting to be about 11:00pm, and there were just a couple of cars on the neighborhood streets. I approached my house feeling very relaxed, ready to slowly pull into my driveway, when suddenly a police car appeared behind me with its lights flashing! And that whoop! sound they make to let you know they mean YOU. I was being pulled over, right in front of my house!! Oh, yes, right under the streetlight!

Foolish me, and can’t believe I did this, but I got out of the car and approached the police officer who had also exited his car. I was wondering what was wrong, and was hoping that I could briefly talk with the officer and then quickly go inside. Not a chance! He firmly asked me get back in my car, twice, so I did. If there ever is a “next time”, I’m staying in the car! Got out my license, insurance and registration, and waited.

After what seemed like forever, he appeared at the passenger door ask for the standard items. I handed them to him and he acted totally normal. He looked at my registration, license and insurance card, then asked “do you live here?”, and I said “yes”. He looked at the license again and asked “is this you?”. I said “yes”. He again looked at the picture on the license, looked at me, looked at the picture again, and then he said very matter-of-fact like “it doesn’t look like you”. I’m sitting there in a short black skirt, black tights, white blouse, lipstick, wig, pearl necklace and earrings - and I don’t look like my drivers license photo? Duh! I suppose in retrospect I should have taken that as a compliment, but at the time I just said “I am wearing a wig”. He asked if I would remove it, so I did. He took another look at both the license and me, nodded, and said “ok”.

I finally asked what the problem was, and he said I had failed to use my turn signal on the last two turns. Slow night for him I guess. Fortunately I never drink & dress & drive ( I suspect the officer may have thought I was drunk because I didn't use my turn signals). He handed me my information and thanked me, then got in his car and drove away without saying another word, leaving me sitting there under the street light, half in my driveway, with my wig on the passenger seat next to my purse. I needed to get inside.

Gee, I’m sure my car was not too obvious after having spent the last ten minutes in front of a police cruiser with flashing lights. And, yes, my car is the only one like it in the neighborhood. And as it was sitting in front of my house, it is a pretty safe guess as to whom the neighbors may assume to be inside. I had already removed my wig, and as I sat there a minute I was hoping some of the bushes were perhaps reducing visibility from the neighbor’s windows. However, I also knew that at least four of the houses across the street had a direct view of the proceedings.

I hastily wiped off my lipstick and put on my sweat shirt, then after moving my car fully into the driveway, I fumbled to slip on the sweat pants. Remember..late model sporty car. Not much wiggle room, and my skirt had not become any less tight while this was happening. Finally, sweat pants in place, mostly, I slipped on my flats, did the finger comb thing with my hair (resuming guy mode), and walked as casually as I could, heart beating very rapidly, into the house. Oh, MY!

Don’t know what the neighbors saw. I guess I’ll find out soon enough. I’m hoping maybe nothing, or just enough of me in guy mode to keep them curious about the events of the evening, but not about my original femme attire. It was quite an unexpected experience, one which has made me very happy that I always pack emergency gear with me in the passenger seat when driving alone. I have never had a reason to use it before, but last night my feminine intuition let me know very strongly when leaving the house that I needed to take it with me!

Having a police car pull you over is never something to look forward to, but he was courteous, and other than having to remove my wig to prove that it was really me in the drivers license photo, it was pretty routine as far as being pulled over by the police goes. I suspect he has another tale to tell back at the station, but then, so do I….

Lauren

tekla west
08-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Moving around a lot in a car after being pulled over your lucky he did not pull you out with a gun pointed at you and have you prone on the ground licking the pavement. You are better off - and should - just wait to to whatever he tells you to do, and don't do it UNTILL he tells you. Cops are not worried about CD, but they are worried about countraband and guns - they are REAL worried about guns. Moving around in a car a lot after they have you is is a big no-no. Hands on the wheel in plain sight, "Yes Sir", "No Sir", don't lie - everyone lies to them, so they KNOW it when they see it/hear it, take the ticket, pay the fine.

QZ2
08-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Great story Lauren. Glad it all came out alright.

One time driving in New Zealand I was stopped in a routine regristration check roadblock. I was wearing a nice blouse and a pink skirt with flowers. The nice cop looked at my license and registration, took a look into the car and only said, "Please put on your seat belt, Sir!"

I guess I didn't fool him either.....Susie

Breanne
08-17-2006, 09:14 PM
.....I never drink & dress & drive....

Good story, Lauren. You had me feeling right along with you, although I've never had anything remotely similar. Your advise about drinking is good. Drinking and Driving, a no-no. Drinking, Dressing and Driving, a no-no-no!

Bernice
08-17-2006, 10:36 PM
I try not to discourage others from going out, but I always am upfront about the fact that unexpected things can and do happen. You were smart to have emergency clothing, though I have one question. You say you got out of the car - presumably in full view of your neightbors. So who were you fooling by changing clothes before going inside your house? The damage - if there was any - was already done.

I'm with Teckla about cops and guns, but I disagree that you should pay the ticket. I've fought three, and won all three, and negotiated three more to lesser points. But these were for "speeding", i.e. revenue enhancement. I do try to always use my signals and drive friendly, and always drive 100% cold sober.

OK, one more question. Since when is a "mid-80s sportscar" a "late model sporty car"? +? :hugs:

Dee 1062
08-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Great story...don't drink and drive, ever, dressed or not....glad your ok. but reading your story made me very nerves:) I now wonder if the Cop just saw a hot lady and wanted to get to know her:)?

sterling12
08-18-2006, 01:02 AM
He may have been paying you a compliment. I used to be an auxiliary and SOME policemen are well known for stopping pretty girls on a flimsy pretest.

Sometimes, what he is really interested in, is who you are and maybe a chance for a rendezvous. Not giving a turn signal at the last two turns is pretty flimsy. I don't know about your state but last I checked in my state that's not a typical ticketing offense. It could have been a "roust", (it was late at night and he may have wanted to know why you were cruising the neighborhood), or just a lonely guy wanting to chat up a pretty girl.

Nonetheless, a little more excitement that I would care for. next time I go out en femme I'll be working that turn signal lever like a son of a gun!

Peace and Love, Joanie

tekla west
08-18-2006, 02:25 AM
I have not driven a car since I turned mine in (a 1999 sports car, extremely low milage on the odometer, very high power under the hood) on 9-12 to charity, because I do not support terrorists, and I'm not about to give them more money, and because they can have my car, but not my sons (age 21 and 25 respectively).

But.......... be that as it may, don't make the cops suspect you. Its bad things after that. I'm sure about that.

Kate Simmons
08-18-2006, 02:42 AM
Wow, Lauren. Some girls have all the luck. I'm still waiting to be pulled over by a policeman. They have such cute uniforms and who knows might even ask me out(just kidding). I was wondering if there was any "fallout" from the neighbors yet. Mine have seen me as Ericka in broad daylight many times but have never mentioned it. "Don't ask, don't tell I guess!" Sounds like your heart was pounding. The experience must have been kind of exciting even so. Hey, think we are related? :love: Ericka

Lauren Richards
08-18-2006, 02:48 AM
Thank you for your concerns girls, and for the very nice compliments regarding the post. I do truly enjoy the creative process of sharing thru writing, and truly do appreciate your compliments.

About those concerns, not to worry, I am NEVER getting out of the car again if stopped by the police. I hope my mistake can save someone else from making the same one, so just let me be that bad example for everyone, ok? Sometimes we make mistakes, and that is one I'll remember for a long time. They seem to like us in the car for their safety, to be in control of the situation. Totally understandable, and I probably wouldn't have gotten out if I hadn't been right in front of my house. Dumb, but I did it, so what happens next time is what counts now. Part of why I write is to be helpful, and if my error saves just one of you from a similar mistake, then it will be worth it.

Ok, so why did I change into drab (after he left, so there were no strange movements in the car when the officer was there) after first getting out of the car en femme? I would have gotten out of the car en femme when I got home anyway, so the first time out right when I stopped was a bad idea, but not the first time I had driven up and gotten out as Lauren. I have done this before, many times. However, after sitting there for ten minutes with the police car lights flashing, I figured it best to take every reasonable precaution in case one of the neighbors had decided to watch what was happening. Although under the street light, I was inside my car. Sometimes folks don't look right away, and I wanted to be cautious when the situation allowed. Does it makes sense? I don't know, but it is what I did.

Regarding a ticket, I didn't get one. No warning, no caution. Nothing. I think he was satisfied that I had not really done anything to warrant a ticket, and "failing to use turn signals" is truly flimsy. Joanie is right on the money there.

I don't know, maybe he did want to meet a pretty girl. Well, if so, he did! Isn't it nice that we can consider ourselves as "girls" no matter what our age? That aspect is certainly in the mind. Anyway, I'm taken, and in or out of a skirt, it is the gg's that turn my head. I must admit that there are some extremly attractive ladies in the forum, but I'll be going home with the one with an "F" on the birth certificate. Just my personal preference, with no offence to anyone anywhere along the continuium. I think everyone should be able to be who they are as long as they act responsibly, but that is another topic entirely.

Hmm, it is rather comfortable to write while wearing a skirt. No heels tonight. Just bare feet on the carpet, and that feels good, too.

Lauren

terrigurl
08-18-2006, 09:07 AM
A few years ago, I went into a dress shop just to try on some clothes. When I saw their price tags, I knew that I wasn't going to buy anything, but I thought I would try a few outfits on. As I was leaving and got into my car, a police car pulled up. I hadn't even walked out of the store in femme mode, just my male clothes. I'm not sure what they thought that I had done, but apparently the owner had called the cops on me. They had me open the trunk, into which I had just put my bra, body briefer, etc. It was most embarrassing. I still don't know what they thought was going on, but they gave me a grilling: What are you doing? Why did you go in there? I don't even remember the questions any more, but I felt terrible. I don't even want to thing what would have happened if I had gone in or left the shop dressed up.

Jasmine Ellis
08-18-2006, 09:10 AM
very long but liked it

Lauren Richards
08-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Nothing yet from the neighbors, but I'll probably be a little more alert than usual this weekend to a raised eyebrow. That is another good thing about crossdressing - it heightens your awareness!

Atlanta Peach GG
08-18-2006, 11:12 PM
I can hear the neighbors now: "who was that tall good lookin' drink of water that was in your car last night"?? :heehee:

GREAT story!!!!

I swear that some cops only stop a car if there is a good lookin' woman in it..........ever think of that????

Me thinks he was trying to come up with an excuse to pull you over. :heehee:

KELLYANN
08-18-2006, 11:54 PM
GREAT STORY LUUREN! to bad it was right in front of your home! a block or two before, and your neighbors may have never seen. but then, who knows, maybe now some of your neighbors may think, HEY, i've got to get to know that girl next door HEHE hope all goes well. ALSO, very good advice to us girls driving INFEMME. BRING SOME EMERGENCY GEAR! i.e. some jeans,sweats,sneakers can always pull the wig off. who wants to change a flat tire in heels and a skirt? LOL i don't! HUGS KELLYANN

Maija
08-19-2006, 11:26 PM
I hope it all blows over ok for you.

KatieZ
08-20-2006, 07:08 AM
I think I would have gone on for another drive and given the neighbors time to find something else to do other than gawk.

Good story never the less.

Hugs