PDA

View Full Version : Walks in skirts

jjjjohanne
08-18-2006, 07:15 AM
I have a skirt that has the little shorts embedded in it. I went out for a walk the other day as a guy wearing the skirt with a polo type women's shirt, keds, and sheer hose. I had no interaction with anyone until the very end. I was in a parking lot in my apartment complex (kind of far from my apartment) and I noticed a van in front of me had a woman in it. She was an older lady. I decided not to pull up the skirt showing only the shorts. I walked past her van and smiled and waved. She smiled and waved back. I figure she had to have seen me, but no negative reaction.

I did this again later with no interaction.

Today, I took another walk. Early in the walk, I had the choice of two ways to walk, I saw an older woman walking toward me on one of the paths. I decided to walk toward her with the skirt showing. She had plenty of time to see the skirt, but she never gave any obvious reaction. I glanced back and she was not looking my way. I realized at one point that there was a couple walking up behind me from a good distance. I kept walking ahead of them. I had only the shorts showing. I decided to turn around and pass them. I am still wearing nude hose, but only the shorts are showing. Then I decide to drop the skirt into place and I walked by them. They both were both stretching as I approached. When I drew near, they started walking again. They were asian. I passed him and we said hi. Then I came to her and said "Good Morning." Her english had a strong accent. I noticed no glances down or any second looks. After I passed, I looked back and they were not looking my way. They turned a corner about 10 yards away and I looked their way again and noticed her looking my way. Later, my path merged with another and there was a woman in a dress walking the same direction I was. I walked about 20 yards in front of her for a few minutes. I was getting too far from home and getting too close to people's homes for my comfort, so I turned around. I passed the woman, but she never looked at me in passing. Shortly after that, I passed another asian woman and we said good morning. I don't think she saw anything.

It was so nice to be out in a skirt. I considered wearing a real skirt (no shorts) so I could feel my legs swishing, but that is a bit unnerving!

Denise400
08-18-2006, 07:21 AM
that is cool, so you walked as a man wearing a skirt? am I right for assuming that? if you did, let me know how it goes in the future, i have thought about doing that, or did you put on makeup, and go as a women.

Karren H
08-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Fun isn't it?

I was thinking of wearing my black gaucho pants instead of my slacks along with my sports coat....kind of a fem maleish suit, and go out shopping at noon one day. Just to see what the reaction would be. Lol. Probably no one will even look!

Love Karre

Deenise60
08-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Sounds so delightful. Wish I had the nerve to try that.

Jasmine Ellis
08-18-2006, 08:53 AM
cool

eleventhdr
08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Really great we all shoudl be doing just this hmmm.

Then we would be showing everyone something right.

Oh well!

Jay Suzy!

Skirts and dresses for all of us poor old males at long last.

GG Vanya
08-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Johanne,

This is exactly the point my husband Trudi (aka Nike) is trying to make in the "100% passable" thread.

If the world needs to accept men in skirts (and I think it does) then why do the CD's put so much emphasis on passing or looking "exactly" like a woman?

Your courage in wearing female attire while in male mode, in my opinion, makes much better progress towards acceptance by society than those trying to "pass".

I've yet to meet the CD who is 100% passable. As I've said on other threads I take into consideration that mine is a trained eye. But, when Joe or Jane Public clocks a CD, I feel part of their initial reaction is tempered by what they perceive to be an attempt to deceive. Please note the "I feel" and "they perceive" before rushing to judgment about this comment.

Of course I realize the issue is totally different for TS's, whether pre/post or non op, and my opinions here are not in any way directed at them.

I admire you.

Kimberley
08-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Vanya has put it perfectly. Why do we feel the need to pass? I know in some corners tolerance would be zero but in many others it is unlikely to raise more than an eyebrow.

Jjjjohane you have accomplished something many of us wish we could do. I have yet to go out in a skirt but shorts or jeans or slacks are fine and usually draw no attention. Maybe I will do this someday soon, not for shock value or curiosity but just plain comfort. You rock girl!!

:hugs:
Kimberley

GG Vanya
08-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Kimberly,

Thank you thank you thank you! Of course, I can't take the credit as Trudi made that initial point in the other thread.

I thank you on her behalf. :D :hugs:

carolinewalker_2000
08-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Well done you! It is a shame we can't mix gender specific clothing items more openly.

Angie G
08-18-2006, 04:12 PM
You sound like you enjoyedyour walk thats nice I can't do that not yet :hugs:
Angie G.

sandra-leigh
08-18-2006, 06:10 PM
so you walked as a man wearing a skirt? am I right for assuming that? if you did, let me know how it goes in the future, i have thought about doing that, or did you put on makeup, and go as a women.

In the past, I have sometimes walked as a male with a skirt; I've taken a city bus in that mode a few times as well. Bicycled too (mens' bike sometimes, womens' bike sometimes more often).

Generally I don't get any comments or stares. I think, though, it depends in part on what the skirt is like. If it's a mini-skirt or something flashy or attention getting, I think the reaction might be different. I do not recall any reaction to my denim skirt that is exactly the same length (and pattern) as my denim shorts (Tommy Hifflinger); nor to my ankle-length plain skirts in dull blue or black.

There was, though, an occasion on which I was in skirt and blouse without wig, (ummm, let's see, and pumps, and white body suit underneath holding up my forms.) I had changed in a field, and was walking along a little-used road getting up my nerve to go into a club. On that occasion, a guy in a car noticed me and commented and started following me in his car, taking my picture and making comments (and asking me whether I wanted some "work" at a party later that evening.) That was pretty rude, but I was much more annoyed than frightened. That was the most sustained hastle I have ever faced; the others were generally louder and cruder but lasted only as long as it took me to walk past.

Amber_8281
08-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Wearing skirts during the summer is great. They stay so cool. And are easy to do stuff in.

Peg
08-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I have 3 of those they're called skorts i believe , wish i had the couurage that you do to go out dressed . maybe someday. Peg:sad:

suspender
08-19-2006, 12:43 AM
I really wonder what Shania was actually saying? I have posted a few times earlier on this subject and have become obsessed with getting out with the short skirts on in public since overcoming my hesitation to do it previously. A few nights ago I had to post a letter so decided to do it in femme mode from the waste down. Just after dinner I did the walk to the to the post box in a nice short skirt, thigh highs and very high heels. The rest of me was much the man mode. I didnt care as where I went was immediately out in front of a series of shops because thats where the post box is. Its well lit and very exposed. I walked into a few people coming out of one of the stores. Although they looked, nothing said, not even a laugh. One of the older ones had a really good look and the glance up, but not one verbal interaction. Heck, Ill be doing it again. Sus.

julie w
08-19-2006, 11:29 AM
I guess If thats what you are into .I would not be interested in wearing a
skirt or a kilt as a guy .

officegirlcd
08-19-2006, 12:15 PM
hi i wish i could have the nerve to go out dressed feeling the breeze against my stockings and me walking in public wearing a office suit . maybe one day

emma

Joanie
08-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Vanya has put it perfectly. Why do we feel the need to pass? I know in some corners tolerance would be zero but in many others it is unlikely to raise more than an eyebrow.

Jjjjohane you have accomplished something many of us wish we could do. I have yet to go out in a skirt but shorts or jeans or slacks are fine and usually draw no attention. Maybe I will do this someday soon, not for shock value or curiosity but just plain comfort. You rock girl!!

Kimberley

Perhaps some feel the need to pass because acceptance won't be as widespread as what is recounted here. If I go to a mall with capri pants pr a dress and am otherwise obviously male, the more people I see the more likely I am to run into some nut guy that wants to smash my head but if I can go out and PASS such a guy will, hopefully, not even notice me amidst all the other women.

Easy for me to say, I have only been out dressed once--in my car at night for a neighborhood drive. Really courageous of me, wasn't it? LOL

jjjjohanne
08-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I have gone out in nude hose and shorts as a man to the mall. Only a teenage girl and one younger girl seemed to notice. Both noticed while I was using a pay phone. If anyone else noticed, I never could tell. Later I tried it in dark hose. Several people gave me obvious double-takes. On another outing, I couldn't tell if anyone saw the dark hose.

Later, I got brave/stupid enough to wear a black skirt, black flats, dark hose, and a white blouse. I had my man head on. I wore it to the mall and walked around one big store. Then I ventured into the mall. I kept walking and went through the entire mall upstairs and downstairs. When I was in one big store, I actually talked to one of the clerks in the hosiery section. She didn't react to me any differently than clerks have behaved when I was dressed as a man. That was a bit surprising.

I tried to go en femme (my first solo outing) to a CD group in my area. They were meeting in a restaurant. I arrive in the area and it was gridlock. Turns out, that was the gay area in town and they were having a street party. There was non parking anywhere nearby. I drove around trying to find parking close enough for me to feel comfortable. I never did and I wasn't going to walk through town dressed that way. It got late enough that I gave up and went back home.

I don't care about passing. But I like how it feels to wear hose with a skirt. My legs don't rub in shorts!

jjjjohanne
08-22-2006, 07:00 AM
I did it again this morning. But this time, I wore my skirt and dark hose with black flats. I wore some sweats while I was near the house. When I was far enough away, I lost the sweat pants and was out in public as a man wearing all womens, including a skirt and dark hose!!! I walked about 3/4 miles from my house. I took a different route and entered places I have never walked in before. I decided it was time to turn around. Not long after I turned around, I was startled by A VOICE! My instinct was to pull up the skirt to only show the built in shorts. However, I was in the dark hose. There was no hiding. It was a woman on a bike. She was saying "sorry," but with a thick asian accent. It sounded like, "Soddy."

She said "Soddy" twice and I jumped pretty good. She looked down near my waist and furrled her face and said "Ohhh" as if she was regretting scaring me. However, she might have been reacting to my outfit and realizing that I was being exposed by this encounter... I am leaning toward the first definition. Her "Ohhh" was the type of sound you would make if you were watching a car wreck or someone getting hurt on a funny video show. Not a joyful, or a tender thing, but almost an empathy thing. ANYWAY...

She rode on ahead of me. I watched her go. She never looked back. So, I kept my pace walking. Later, I saw her off in the distance coming back from the way she went. Then she disappeared. I figured she took one of the other trails. I thought, I would probably do that too to avoid someone with whom an encounter might make an awkward moment.

Then, I saw her coming back up that other trail. She was traveling every path. I am almost to where her path meets my path. So, now she is going to get a full view of me as she approaches. I said to her as she came, "Good Morning, I won't let you scare me this time." She laughed and said, "Good Morning." I don't know if she understood what I said. She could have easily been responding to the way my words sounded humorous and my facial expressions. She didn't seem to look at my outfit. I did not see her look back at me. Either she never noticed, or she didn't want to react.

How about that?

I was roaming the web and found a forum where a bunch of men who aren't full CD's meet and discuss wearing skirts. www.skirtcafe.com

Katrina
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Sounds like you had some fun! Good for you!

jjjjohanne
08-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Hi Katrina,
It was scary and fun at the same time. I did it again this morning. I came upon the couple from a few days back. This time I was wearing a proper skirt. It is black, knee length, straight cut, two inch slit on the left knee. I think it is very pretty. I passed the couple and they looked at me and said hi and I did the same and we passed each other on the path. No noticable reaction. I went my distance and turned around. On my way back, I passed them again. I don't think they even looked at me. Just walkers passing on the way. It felt great being free!!!

Joe

Kate Simmons
08-25-2006, 07:39 AM
Kimberly,

Thank you thank you thank you! Of course, I can't take the credit as Trudi made that initial point in the other thread.

I thank you on her behalf. :D :hugs:You're right Vanya. You don't have to look "exactly" like a woman. Ericka/Eric/ Kay has been proving that (to herself/himself mostly). Ericka Kay

rosy
08-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Sounds like u got a lot of courage well done:hugs: rosy

Kimberley
08-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Crossdressing is a lot more open and accepted across Asia than most people recognize. It may not be fully supported but it is accepted so this girl's reaction didnt surprise me at all.

I am just waiting for the PRC to lighten up. I cant begin to imagine that country coming out.

Kimberley

pinkpanther
08-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I was in Regina last week on business. In the evening I changed into my black leather skirt, black tights, white polo shirt and Aerosoles ballet flats. I walked half a mile to the mall. What an awesome feeling it is to walk to the mall dressed in a leather skirt. I didn't receive any second looks on the walk.
At the mall, I tried on some women's black leather pants. The female sales clerk complimented me on my leather skirt.
A few teenage girls snickered when they saw my outfit. All in all it was a great experience.l