PDA

View Full Version : Nail glue remover

stephi
08-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Girls,
I so love long sexy nails but find sticky tabs dont hold false nails on as well as glue. But glue is very difficult to remove - HELP - own nails end up looking chewed up and disgusting after trying to remove glue.

Thanks,

Stephi

maggie
08-18-2006, 02:36 PM
I had the same problem, until someone at a nail salon suggested that I soak my fingers in nail polish remover for 15 minutes. This softened the glue and allowed me to scrape the glue off the nails more easily. Sometime I had to soak longer.

Maggie

vbcdgrl
08-18-2006, 04:31 PM
The glue is cyanoacrylate(super glue). The same stuff is used in model construction, refered to as "CA". If you go to a hobby shop, they will have some "debonder" that will loosen the CA.
I use inexpensive glue on nails when I dress. I put 'em on myself with CA. When they're painted up, they look great. When it comes time to remove 'em, I just peel 'em off without debonder. Some break, some can be re-used. I don't care what my natural nails look like, talk about something that no one notices.

Vikki

Jasmine Ellis
08-18-2006, 04:36 PM
this is way I hate false nails

Toyah
08-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Try putting 2 coats of clear nail varnish on first it helps them come off much easyer

brittanny
08-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Try putting 2 coats of clear nail varnish on first it helps them come off much easyer

this works clear polish first let it dry good then glue then regular nail polish remover will take off most of the glue thats left easily

maggie
08-18-2006, 07:33 PM

When I tried this, the glue wouldn't stick properly.

Maggie

Tamara Croft
08-18-2006, 09:07 PM
You need to buy some pure acetone (nail polish remover won't work). That will remove the glue. Put some in a 'glass' (plastic will melt) and emerge them for about 5 minutes. This will remove the glue on your nails. However, the acetone isn't good for the skin on the finger tips, so make sure you use some nice hand cream afterwards ;)

EricaCD
08-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Tamara has it 100% right, both as to the correct debonder and the right way to use it. Some nail polish removers have acetone (and thus work after a long soaking); others do not and really won't help. So just follow Tamara's suggestion and you'll get the right result.

Erica

Scotty
08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Acetone - basically that's CA remover - built model airplanes, it's the same stuff but Acetone is cheaper and comes in larger quantities, use it sparingly and wash up afterwards and for Gods Sake don't light up around it!