PDA

View Full Version : SO and delicates

jacky83
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
GGs May want to comment on this question, too. What is the consesus on laundering delicates. Do you share the chore with your SO, do it yourself or does your SO prefer to to do both of yours. (She may have more experience and do it better)

DonnaT
08-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I do all the laundry most of the time.

GG Vanya
08-18-2006, 01:51 PM
It's a toss up here. Sometimes I do the whites and Trudi does the colors...sometimes reversed. Either way, when the delicates are washed, they're all washed together~hers and hers.

Just as a side note: Trudi was already fully in "existence" when we met, and being a single man, living alone for several years, was very adept at all aspects of keeping house: laundry, cleaning, cooking, the works.

In fact, when we first moved in together I asked right away: So, when do I get to meet the maid?

Her condo was immaculate! She was proud to say NO MAID!

sue ellan
08-18-2006, 01:53 PM
they are all washed together. my SO usualy does the washing.
sue ellan

dazzed
08-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I do most of the laundry. She treats lingerie like underware.not that I dont like lingerie shopping,I just like to have it last a long time.

tekla west
08-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh, you can wash them? This is going to change everything for me!

I have always done my own laundry since high school. One of my favorite household tasks in many ways, not the least of which is that I can read while the machine does the work. I always like to match and fold too.

Jasmine Ellis
08-18-2006, 02:33 PM
shar shar shar alike

Trish
08-18-2006, 03:04 PM
My wife washes all my fem clothes, including the hand washables.

Eugenie
08-18-2006, 05:50 PM
My wife and I share laundry as well as other house chores.

For the regular laundry we do it about equal time each and mix our clothes, of course respecting the type of washing appropriate for each clothes.

But for my "femme" clothes laundry, I do it just separately for myself as my wife doesn't want to know about my x-dressing, so she doesn't have to see my feminine clothes.
:hugs:
Eugenie

Lindahexi
08-18-2006, 05:59 PM
I do my own femme clothes seperately from the general wash, my wife offered to do them, but I'm used to doing them myself.

Lawren
08-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Kerry and I tend to alternate doing laundry and usually combine our delicates into one load.

juliek
08-18-2006, 06:12 PM
I am not allowed to wash any of my wife's delicates, or anything else due to a couple of incidents (mishaps) while washing things of hers. I do wash my own though, and often wash my own drabs.

nikisbest
08-18-2006, 06:32 PM
We share the household duties, we both work, so its only fair that both share.
Even if I weren't CD, I would still help out or share the chores. I don't think its right for the man to sit in the recliner and watch the wife do the dishes or wash and fold the clothes, especially when both work. As far as wash intimates, we wash everything together, we have matching panties, ( I cut the tag out of mine to keep them seperated) but I have more colorful bras, and hers are bigger (lucky thing).
Niki

Carlacd
08-18-2006, 06:32 PM
We each wash our own things. Use to do hers until , i washed something and it wouldn't even fit a Barbie doll. End of doing her clothes.

Debbie GG
08-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Bernice and I wash and dry all of our clothes together. She frequently does the laundry but it just depends on what else is going on and who has the time. I understand those of you whose SO doesn't want to know (or doesn't know) about the cding doing your clothes separately. It just makes sense to me for the rest of us to put them together. It's more efficient to wash and dry one large load unstead of two smaller ones.

Debbie GG
:happy:

Angie G
08-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Some times I do the wash for both of us but I do my delicates I love having them on and I enjoy washing them :hugs:
Angie G.

Robertacd
08-18-2006, 06:57 PM
I do all the laundry in our house.

If I left it up to her everything we owned would be pink, gray, or shrunk beyond hope.

Sometimes I wonder how she ever got along without me.:p

WINDDANCERS
08-18-2006, 07:07 PM
WE SHARE THE LAUNDRY AND OTHER CHORES IN ARE HOME'':hugs:

Randy
08-18-2006, 07:17 PM
My wife knows but only tolerates my lingerie. She never wants to see it, so that laundry chore is all mine. I usually wait until she is working over a weekend and do my stuff with the "regular" clothes.

brittanny
08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
my g\f does most of the laundry I do it sometimes if shes busy with somthing else and we wash all our clothes together

Randy
08-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Almost forgot. She doesn't do them properly when she washes her own. I always hand-wash all delicates (hers too) when the label calls for it.

bobbijo
08-18-2006, 08:05 PM
my wife does all the laundry since she stays at home and I am at work 12 to 14 hours a day. She said since she buys all my clothes she may as well wash them too.

CDsWifey GG
08-18-2006, 08:11 PM
If its hand-wash, so far its me. We share the rest tho, and that is fine as they are done together, as stated on other posts, hers and hers :happy:

CDLauraNJ
08-18-2006, 08:15 PM
I wash "Laura's" stuff separately in a mesh bag. My wife knows but is not very accepting. She usually buts the bag aside and pretends it doesn't exist. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt you know.

JenniferMint
08-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I do all the laundry in our house.

If I left it up to her everything we owned would be pink, gray, or shrunk beyond hope.

Sometimes I wonder how she ever got along without me.:p

Reminds me of a mishap I had recently, where I placed a new pair of pink slacks into the washing machine.

My white clothes came out tinged with pink :(

I had never had this problem before CDing since I had never bought anything in pink!

Bernadina
08-18-2006, 11:37 PM
I used to just toss evrything in the machine together when it was guy stuff. Now it gets separated by colour and very carefully dried. And yes I do both hers and hers.

Sandra
08-19-2006, 09:10 AM
I wash mine and Nigellas together, infact all our clothes are done together.

kathy gg
08-19-2006, 05:06 PM
I do all laundry and always have. I am meticulous and am proud of my ability to keep clothing for very long periods of time and it look almost new!

EricaCD
08-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Laundry is probably the only thing that is not "in the marital estate". I do mine (all of mine) and she does hers. She also does the kids, so she's getting the worse part of the bargain.

Erica

donna h
08-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I wash my femme apparel myself. My SO showed me how and its my job now as she may be somewhat supportive she doent like seeing anything, which is fine.BTW has any one tried FOREVER NEW its a lingerie detergent I deliver to some customers, its supposed to keep lingerie fresh and clean better than the usual detergents. I was told its 15 bucks for a 32 ounce bottle,steep but could be worth it, you can get it at Intimacy Brafitters.