PDA

View Full Version : Encounters with Police

Cristi
08-18-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm curious about others' encounters with police... good or bad.

I've had a few traffic stops (once for a headlight out, and once for going about 5mph over the limit). Both times I was in a skirt, stockings and heels but not makeup. It was also dark both times and I don't really know if the police even noticed I was wearing a skirt. As the police approached the car, I remember trying to tuck the skirt between my legs so to a casual glance it might look like a pair of shorts.

The most nerve-wracking encounter wasn't technically with the police. One halloween about 4 years ago, I was spending the day out and about. I decided that one 'safe' place to take a stroll was amongst some state office buildings. I walked up to one building that had a long set of marble stairs leading up to a reflective glass entry. I decided to walk up the stairs, peek inside, then continue on my way.

Well... I had quite a surprise waiting for me. I strolled up the stairs, enjoying the swish of my skirt against my pantyhose covered legs, and pulled the reflective glass doors open. Just a few feet inside the door was a full security detail, with 4 guards (armed), baggage scanner and one of the walk-through metal detectors like they have at airports. I froze for a moment, then realized that if I turned and darted it might trigger some kind of suspicion on their part and I might end up in a small room somewhere. So instead, I stepped forward like I had legitimate business in the building (which I soon learned was a federal courthouse!!)

While one guard took my purse over to a table and poked through the contents (I was doing a quick inventory in my head, trying to remember if I had anything dangerous or very embarrasing in there!), a second one motioned me to step through the scanner. I was so nervous that I heard (but didn't register) the beep telling them that there was someting metal on me that they would have to investigate further.

Now the good part... :) as I started to step over to retrieve my purse, I heard the guard say "Ma'm?". (I think this was my first ever "Ma'm") Of course, I'm not used to being called that, so I didn't respond (thinking 'he must be talking to somebody else!'). Again I heard "Ma'm?" just a bit louder. I finally turned to see him gesture at me to return so he could scan me in more detail with a 'wand'. As I turned he looked me in the face for the first time and I heard 'uh....' as he realized I wasn't a Ma'm at all.

He asked me to hold my arms out from my side and started to wave the wand over me. I hoped that it wasn't going to be anything embarrasing that set it off! I heard it beep just a bit as it passed over the hooks of my bra in the back, then he bent to check the lower part of my body. I was wearing a long ankle-length dress so had to lift it up several inches so he could move the wand around my calf-high boots. The trigger for the alarm ended up being the zippers in the boots, so after a few more moments I was allowed to collect my things and continue on.

I really didn't have ANY business in the building, of course, but after going through all of this I figured it would look very strange to just turn and walk out again, so I wandered through the halls of the building for a few minutes before heading back toward the exit next to the securith station.

So what are your stories? Have the police been professional in any encounters you've had, or have you been harassed in any way?

Stephenie S
08-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Never had any encounters with the police while dressed. I expect I will at some point in the future, though. Not too worried. Police officers these days are pretty profesional.

Steph

noname
08-19-2006, 02:56 AM
What a story. No offense but it made me smile.

suzy
08-19-2006, 03:10 AM
WOW... Interesting story. Would have scared me to death!!! I have not had any confrontations with the police, but as a police officer, I came in contact with CD'er's occasionally. Any encounters were handled according to the book... professionally.... there is no law that I know of that prohibits it, just don't panic and lie about it.:hugs:

barbra1958
08-19-2006, 04:07 AM
great story wish you the best.

Rikidee
08-20-2006, 06:10 PM
One Halloween I was all dressed up in my short French maid's dress with petticoats underneath and my high heels. I was driving around town when I saw blue lights behind me, I was scared to death and trying to figure out what I had done wrong. Just before I pulled over I realized that I had forgotten to turn on my headlights (street lights were bright). I pulled over and the officer came to the window and said "Maam I pulled you over because your headlights were not on. Cute outfit, have a nice evening Maam", and then he got in his car and drove away. Took me a while to calm down, but it is one of my fondest crossdressing memories.

Rikidee

Butterfly Bill
08-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Over 12 years I have been stopped more times than I can count, usually for something I did in my car, a few times because some nervous property owner called the law. (One time some mall security guards came around and asked me if I was wearing anything under my quilted knee length greatcoat.) A few times I have been asked the question, "Why are you wearing a dress?", to which I have first answered. "I always do", and then if they ask more, telling them that I consider myself a transgendered person. I have never had to talk about it for more than a few minutes.

It's not against the law to be crossdressed (at least in the English-speaking countries). They may wonder if you are doing it as a disguise to hide your identity while committing some other offense, but you about have to be caught in the act of doing that offense for this to happen. Or they might wonder if you are offering your services as a lady of the evening, especially if your skirts are mini-er than normal. But as long as you aren't standing by the curb of certain well-known streets, you shouldn't have to worry about that either.

MelissaAndProudOfIt
08-21-2006, 12:15 AM
In my earlier Crossdressing years I was often stopped whilst crossdressed, though wierd as it might seem I din't give two hoots about it, the first experience was the shaker lol, after that it was routine as usual lol..

My word of advice is simply be yourself and most importantly polite as the Police are not your enemy, hard as it might be to believe they are our protectors too. As a crossdresser at least in UK we have as many rights as our genetic counterparts... In UK at least Crossdressing isn't illegal so we have as much legal rights as anyone, therefore our Crossdressing is of no legal concern to the police.

I have had many interesting chats whilst out dressed with police officers, some were actually fastenated about how we create our images, plus all the hard work it is in preparation for each night out... plus I have helped the police before now, reporting events to the police and they know my femme name, and generally use it when they should meet up with me... I have very pleasant encounters with police officers... they actually are not ogres they are cracked up to be....

Best Regards

Melissa

tekla west
08-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Never had any problem, but the only thing I do that might be against the law is legal here. I had a roller (squad car) slow down once and ask if I was ok after a long night at the clubs (I was walking). I told him I lived a block away, and all was cool. A few weeks ago I was strolling down the main drag in my neighborhood - Broadway - and I cop I know well was standing there after just confinscating a six pack from some kids, I joked that "well your shift off is covered now" and he laughed and handed it to me and said "just wait till your home honey." But again, this is a big city, and the cops have real police work to do.

Jasmine Ellis
08-21-2006, 05:27 AM
Well lets just say your not braking the law wearing a skirt and all, so all I can say is

HELLO HELLO HELLO WHAT HAVE WE HERE :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

KarenSusan
08-22-2006, 06:49 PM
It's always at the front of my mind whenever I'm driving but I don't worry so much about the police as about my car breaking down and having to call AAA and get towed while in a dress and heels.

Stephanie Kay
08-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Here's my one interaction with the police as Stephanie. It happened about 6 years ago.

One night I had just finished dinner with some girlfriends and I hopped in the van and started the long drive home. I was about 50 miles from home. I chose to drive down the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi river on the way home. After an hour on the road I was approaching the bridge over the Mississippi into Winona, MN, (my hometown at that time) when I noticed a set of flashing lights behind me. The police car was quite a distance behind me so I just thought it was on an emergency call and was going to zip by. I slowed down and pulled over to the shoulder to allow him to pass when to my utter surprise he slowed down too and pulled up right behind me. Oh-oh, what's this? A moment of truth, fear, and trembling. Stephanie is going to be confronted by the law for the first time! Well, I took a deep breath and thought about the session we had with a visiting policeman at our last support group meeting. He told us to be honest and straight when stopped by the police and they will be honest and straight with us. So, let's see how it goes.

I rolled down my window and said hello (in my straightest Steve voice). He told me that he thought I was speeding. I admitted that I was going about 60--he thought a little faster. He looked at me and asked for my driver's license. I opened my purse, pulled it from my wallet and gave it to him. I had thoughts about handing over my transgender ID also, but decided not too. I sensed that my wearing a dress, wig, and full-make-up was not going to be an issue. I was right. He addressed me as Stephen as he asked if I was the owner of the van and if the address on the license was my current home address. I replied in the affirmative to both questions. I think he might have been a little surprised himself, but didn't show it. He quickly checked the front of my van and walked back to my door and said that he would only issue me a warning this time. He excused himself to go back to his patrol car to fill out the warning chit and check my licenses on the computer. I took another deep breath and thought that this was going smoothly.

I noticed I was feeling a little anxious sitting in the van as car after car slowed down to see what was happening. But as I said things seemed to be going smoothly and at least I was still sitting in the driver's seat and not standing out on the pavement being made to walk a straight line or leaning against the hood being frisked. After a couple of minutes the patrol car door opened, the trooper stepped out, moseyed on up to my window again, and handed me the warning citation. I thanked him for being so gracious and understanding. He told me to watch my speed better and then said goodnight. I'm not sure if I only imagined him tipping his hat or if he really did it, but I certainly appreciated his professionalism and compassion. There had not been one word mentioned about how I was dressed. Hmmm, T*oblivious? Thanks Wisconsin State Patrol.
Well, I pulled into my garage about 10 minutes later and stood on my back porch for a few minutes reveling in the refreshing coolness of the breeze and soft beauty of the moonlight. I realized that this had been no ordinary evening for Stephanie after all and I was pleased. :happy:

Denise_Z
08-23-2006, 01:41 AM
I was about 50 miles from home…

Well, I pulled into my garage about 10 minutes later…

Now wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You were 50 miles from home and yet you got there 10 minutes later? Now, I'm no mathematician, so I could be wrong, but by my calculation that would mean you had to be driving at something like 300 MPH! No wonder you got pulled over! And you only got a warning, wow.

trannie T
08-23-2006, 02:24 AM
One Halloween I was stopped in a DUI checkpoint, the officer made no notice of my dress, wig or makeup he was only concerned if I had been drinking. After he asked a couple of questions he sent me on my way.

Angie G
08-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Some times I dresson the way mome from work at night one hight I stoped to change but I changedmy mind And went on my way and got stoped for a light being out :hugs:
Angie G.

monalisa
08-23-2006, 09:16 AM
One Halloween I was all dressed up in my short French maid's dress with petticoats underneath and my high heels. I was driving around town when I saw blue lights behind me, I was scared to death and trying to figure out what I had done wrong. Just before I pulled over I realized that I had forgotten to turn on my headlights (street lights were bright). I pulled over and the officer came to the window and said "Maam I pulled you over because your headlights were not on. Cute outfit, have a nice evening Maam", and then he got in his car and drove away. Took me a while to calm down, but it is one of my fondest crossdressing memories.

Rikidee

You were lucky he didn't make you get out of the car and frisk you but then again that might have even made a more interesting night.

vbcdgrl
08-23-2006, 01:34 PM
My only "encounter" with the cops while en femme was not directed at me.
When I came out of a club late one night, I noticed the cops had pulled someone over and were blocking my car. I pointed this out to the officer(in my not so good femme voice), who politely said "Ma'am, please go back in the club, we'll be finished here soon". I did as he asked, and, when I came out 1/2 hour later, they were gone, so I left. I got to thinking about this later, hey, he called me "Ma'am" . That was great!

Vikki

Breanne
08-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Now wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You were 50 miles from home and yet you got there 10 minutes later? Now, I'm no mathematician, so I could be wrong, but by my calculation that would mean you had to be driving at something like 300 MPH!

Nothing wrong with your calculations, just with the facts. She started by saying she was 50 miles from home at the beginning of her trip, but got stopped in Winona, her home town, and got home 10 minutes after that. Seems possible to me, Winona is not that big!

Stephanie, good story though! I admire your nerves of steel.

myMichelle
08-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Many years ago, I used to live in an apartment complex that was located somewhat close to a Police station. In those days, I used to like going for a walk just about dusk--not only were the outside temps cooler, but I could wear a miniskirt with a bit more confidence, since it would be difficult for a casual passer-by to notice that I really wasen't a girl. Anyway, the Police would often drive slowly past me as I walked down the sidewalk. I always got nervous, but never had any trouble...I think most of the officers found me somewhat amusing and didn't give it a second thought. I have to say that I've had far worse encounters with the Police, but on all those occasions, I was in full guy mode.

Stephanie Kay
08-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Now girls you need to read a wee bit closer!!:heehee:

....I was about 50 miles from home. I chose to drive down the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi river on the way home. :eek: After about an hour on the road :eek: I was approaching the bridge over the Mississippi into Winona, MN, (my hometown at that time) when I noticed a set of flashing lights behind me.....

Denise_Z
08-24-2006, 12:00 AM
OK, so I was wrong. But you have to admit my version was much funnier!

Jennifer4cd
08-24-2006, 06:33 AM
I was in Pittsburg and was stopped for running a red light that I had not seen. I was fully dressed and had just left the Nail Hut with a full set of beautiful red acrylic nails.

When I gave the office my license he looked at the picture, looked at me and back to the picture. "Is this you? You should get a new picture. Be careful." and he walked away.

It was exciting.

Amelie
08-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Bad experiences with Police, though not while driving a car.

I feel asleep on the subway and a cop woke me up somewhere in Brooklyn and told me that he was watching me for quite some time sleeping there. I told him why didn't he wake me sooner, if he woke me sooner I wouldn't have missed my stop and ended miles away in Brooklyn.

I have had the usual trouble punks have with cops. They are always chasing me and my friends from hanging out in the streets late at night.

They still do this today if they find me on a dark street or alley, they want to know what I am doing there and move me along.

I was at the Tompkins Park "Police Riot" in New York City, but I didn't get close enough for the cops to bother me. Some of my friends got messed up by the police, the police removed their badges and went on a beating rampage.

JimLovesHotPink
08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
A simple little cruise that I took turned out to be my first and only encounter with the police while dressed. I had stopped in a parking lot to enjoy my cup of coffee and cookies that I had brought with me from home. Apparently, I scared some people who were working inside a convenience store closeby, that they called the police to investigate. I was laying back in my seat listening to my radio and all of a sudden I see high beam lights flashing in my windshield. It was the police. They did the usual : license, registration, insurance etc. and asked why I was loitering here. I was so numb at this moment, but I said " isn't it obvious ? " I don't know what I meant by that but it was what came out of my mouth. I knew he knew at this point I was crossdressed. He then asked a couple questions and then asked me to step out of the vehicle, when alongside came another office from another car. I was totally shaking at this point but what could I do but obey the officer. I guess they were professional enough though cause they didn't laugh or demean me in any way other than to ask why I was dressed. They told me to please leave and be on my way. And that is what I did. I still have mixed feelings about that night whether or not I felt good about what had happened due to the fact that I am pretty much still in the closet.

mecloset
08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
WOW... Interesting story. Would have scared me to death!!! I have not had any confrontations with the police, but as a police officer, I came in contact with CD'er's occasionally. Any encounters were handled according to the book... professionally.... there is no law that I know of that prohibits it, just don't panic and lie about it.:hugs:

I had a scarry one as well. In the area where I live there is a mental hospital and unbeknown to me one of the patients escaped. Well this was on Halloween and I had my daughters out trick or treating and I love halloween because I can do the dress up thing and they are none the wiser being they dont live with me. Well we were on this one street and it is about 1/2 mile from this facility, I was dressed up as a bride, all the needed ingredients and all. Well they were out collecting while I drove not to far off and I guess I had sat for too long and a police office came up behind turned on his lights and came upto the car. This is when I found out about the escape. Needless to say not much was said about my choice in clothing and all the makeup and stuff but we finished up and went home right away.

Caitlintgsd
10-15-2006, 01:27 PM
I had a session with the "boys in blue" last night. I stopped by a friend's apartment to visit after I helped with closing the local watering hole (restocking and such). This friend is usually up until dawn anyway. She wasn't home. So I returned to my car and was spending a few minutes just thinking about things.
Suddenly 2 cruisers pulled up behind me with lights on. They approached me and inquired about my business. I stated that I had a friend that lived in the building who I had planned to visit but wasn't home. He asked for my driver's license and returned to his car to run a check. A few minutes later he returned and inquired if I had been embibing. I stated that I had but wasn't driving. He then asked to see my keys (looking for intent to drive I suppose). I then reached across the seat and picked my keys up. I handed them to the officer and smiled. I stated that I had no intent to go anywhere as it's a long way home. His reply was that it was a good idea and that Big Brother was watching me. He kept calling me "sir" through out the entire encounter though. That rather ticked me off.

Joy Carter
10-15-2006, 02:07 PM
He kept calling me "sir" through out the entire encounter though. That rather ticked me off.[/QUOTE]

And Yer Point +?

Kimberly
10-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Closest I got to police was a bouncer checking my ID at a nightclub whilst I was out.

It's alright... it was school disco :p

Bobbie cd
10-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Well, I have actually posted this before in a separate thread, but hopefully those of you who have read it there will bear with me for re-telling it. :D

The very first time that I got up enough courage to leave my own property while dressed, I had an encounter with the police. (Just my luck, I guess!) I put on a top, skirt, heels, and makeup and went out for a drive after dark on a Sunday evening. Now, there is not generally a lot going on where I live on a Sunday night, so I just drove around for about 45 minutes, then decided to head for home. On the way, I decided that I should stop and get a soda out of the machine in front of the local Dollar General store near my home. Now, the store was closed of course, but I was only interested in the soda machine. Naturally, with my luck, the machine would not accept my dollar bill and I did not have any change with me. So, I just figured to chalk it up to my normal wonderful luck and head home.
I got back into my car and got ready to pull back out only to find a police cruiser with lights going in my rear view mirror! I about had a heart attack right on the spot!
A nice attractive female officer walked up to my window and asked for my liscense, what I was doing there, etc.
(It seems that there had been a lot of activity in the area by thieves and they were keeping a close eye on closed stores in the area, all unbeknownst to me.) While she was running my liscense, another police cruiser pulled up with a male officer. (Lovely, now two officers to get a good laugh at the weirdo!) So, I had to run through my story again. (Hmm, suppose they wanted to see if it would change from two minutes ago?)
In the end, since my vehicle was completely legal and I had no police record or any warrants outstanding, they gave me back my liscense and let me go on home, slightly embarrassed, but otherwise unharmed. I don't know what stories they may still be telling down at the station, but at least they were entirely professional in their behavior towards me during the proceedings.

pedalpusher
10-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I remember being broken down once in a Park and Ride real late at night and I was the only car in the back of the lot of course. Not a soul in sight, and there I was with this blasted car trying to get it to turn over:mad: No matter what I did, this poor car continued to fail her mommy. About 20 minutes into the ordeal, here comes the police cruiser with his spot light in my side window, which I might add was very bright.

He comes to the window and asks "Is everthing ok over here". I respond to the officer dressed in my thigh high satin Kimono, satin sleepshirt, stockings and 2" pumps that I am having a hard time getting my car started and sometimes my car acts this way and just takes a little while to get started. He offered to call a tow truck if one would be needed, however I assured him that I would be ok and eventually the damn thing would start. He informed me that if I didn't get it to start eventually I would have to call a tow truck and I could call my local police station if I would need help in some way and not to leave the car on the lot. I informed him that would be no problem as my insurance covers towing and thanked him for his help. He went on his way taking no further information, as I felt relieved that he made no wise cracks about the way I was dressed.

I continued to try to start the damn thing tapping away like a balot dancer on the pedal with my pumps and barefoot eventually as my feet started to hurt in those pumps, and about 2 hour later was finally successful in getting it started after finally having to jump the battery from all the turning over it needed to get it started.:mad:

Snookums
10-16-2006, 04:22 PM
when I was attending the university of kansas in witchita,several of my neighbors were peeking in one of my windows and decided to teach the f-g a lesson,thats what they told the cops.
The wichita cops did nothing,they told me I deserved what I got for dressing in womens clothes,the neighbors kicked my door in,then proceeded to stomp the snot out of me.
I ended up with 5 fractured ribs,and 49 stitches in my head because one of the good old boys used a broom on me.
when I persued the matter the cops told me,I had no witnesses and they would not persue the matter,perhaps I could seek civil damages.
The landlord evicted me,I dropped out of college then moved to florida.

Billijo49504
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
WOW, 300 mph in a van. I sure glad you were close to home, before the wheels burned off:tongueout ...BJ

noname
10-16-2006, 07:20 PM
I was in line at a fast food place, wearing girl jeans with the cuffs rolled up a bit, and a t-shirt with a gold foil print on it, with my hair all spiky. While standing I notice the hairy / mr macho police guy eating and staring at me intently. I didn't care though. I knew he couldn't do anything as gender identy is covered under sexual discrimination in my state. I wasn't trying to pass or anything. So unless it's illegal to stand in line to place an order. Gee... you don't like my clothes, well... that's just too bad now isn't it.

Snookums
10-16-2006, 07:56 PM
WOW, 300 mph in a van. I sure glad you were close to home, before the wheels burned off:tongueout ...BJ

BJ it must have been an Acme rocket propelled van:lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

terrinoble
10-16-2006, 10:16 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was driving on a rare Friday night off. I am spending more weekends out en femme, while going to work in butch mode. Just before crossing the state line there were sheriff's deputies staging a roadblock for license/insurance checks. My heart sank. "I am going to hate this," I thought. I was prepared to give an explanation on gender dysphoria, but instead I gave the deputy my license and insurance card. A minute later, he handed them back, saying, "have a good night, Mr. _____" and waved me on. That was it. I breathed much easier.

The deputies were from the county where I grew up. Some of them know me. They also know my aunt, who works for the county magistrate and is one of my few relatives who knows I am TG. If any of them gave me problems I would have told my aunt about it. I hoped I wouldn't have to.

DeAnna Elaine
10-17-2006, 03:06 AM
Most law enforcement officers are too busy to worry about anything that is not illegal. If you act like a criminal, you will be treated like a criminal (at least until their curiousity is satisfied that you are not a criminal)... and Bobbie, the laugh at the station house will last about one day, until the next "out of the ordinary" thing happens.

I do suspect the police in the UK are more enlightened than their counterparts in the US.

Rachael Turner
10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I got pulled over one night in Atlantic City, dressed to the nines. Little black dress, 4" heels, the works. About 90% passable until I handed them my license. I wasn't drinking but that didn't make them stop from makign me go through the sobriety test. I had to get out of the car, walk the line etc. Passed the test and they let me go on my way. Was about 15 minutes of crap and wound up having 4 cars show up to check me out. I held my head high and performed all the tasks to the letter. No ticket issued. I guess they got their kicks for the evening, but I drove away unscathed.

Not the best of nights though.

Joy Carter
10-17-2006, 03:53 PM
I got pulled over one night in Atlantic City, dressed to the nines. Little black dress, 4" heels, the works. About 90% passable until I handed them my license. I wasn't drinking but that didn't make them stop from makign me go through the sobriety test. I had to get out of the car, walk the line etc. Passed the test and they let me go on my way. Was about 15 minutes of crap and wound up having 4 cars show up to check me out. I held my head high and performed all the tasks to the letter. No ticket issued. I guess they got their kicks for the evening, but I drove away unscathed.

Not the best of nights though.

But Rachael it made you strong gurl. You surely can't have any problems in public after that affair.:hugs:

Sky
10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Never had a serious problem with police. When I was stopped, their primary concern is whether you have a valid driver's license, and if your looks do not match the picture (the case most of the times) they take a harder look until they make sure it's really you. That's it. Same is applicable to the much maligned airport security personnel, who doesn't care if you are a cd or not, all they want is to make sure you are the guy in the picture (and that you're not carrying a weapon, of course).

Rachael Turner
10-18-2006, 06:20 AM
But Rachael it made you strong gurl. You surely can't have any problems in public after that affair.:hugs:

So true, so true. There isn't much I can't handle when I'm out and about now.

On a lighter note, I think they finally realized I wasnt drunk when I walked a perfect heel/toe line in full breasted 4" pumps, spun around the end on the balls of my feet and proceeded to walk back. Thats when they they let me go. :heehee:

Kaitlyn
10-18-2006, 09:50 AM
I got pulled over once when i was driving with one of my buddies. I wa swearing wind pants and as always, my panties underneath... and yeah, i got frisked... talk about embarrassing. the cop never said anything, but i know he knew. there was no way. :heehee: