PDA

View Full Version : Any surprising memories?

Stephanie Kay
08-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Any of you girls remember reading the book "Catcher in the Rye?" It's a coming of age tale of a rebellious teen age boy named Holden Caufield. I think I was about 13 or so when I read it. I was enjoying it very much when I came to the part about Holden staying at a hotel and being able to see into the rooms of other people across from his window. He watches a man dressing up in women's clothes and walking back and forth posing in front of his mirror. Wow, I had never seen a reference to a CD in anything I had read up until that point. I always thought I was the only one who crossdressed! I was so enthralled that I read it over and over and over again!!! In fact, I never did finish reading the rest of the book! What a memory! I have never forgotten this scene!! Anyone else remember that scene and how they felt about it?

Anyone else have memories like this-- being surprised by crossdresssing scenes from other books or stories or movies (real literature-type stories--not with CDing as the main theme) that made an impression on you like this?

Another example was Cate Blanchett's movie "Elizabeth" where Queen Elizabeth discovers her boyfriend dressed in women's clothes and she drops him like a hot potato!

Kimberly
08-19-2006, 10:52 AM
As a youngster I remember being obsessed with stories like The Little Mermaid and Cinderella. Those Disney heroines were fantastic - and I wanted to be them so badly.

I used to wish something like Cinderella would happen to me. Ah well. :)

Carlacd
08-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Sorry Stephanie, i'll pass on getting the catchers mit from ya.:eek:

Julogden
08-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Any of you girls remember reading the book "Catcher in the Rye?" It's a coming of age tale of a rebellious teen age boy named Holden Caufield. I think I was about 13 or so when I read it. I was enjoying it very much when I came to the part about Holden staying at a hotel and being able to see into the rooms of other people across from his window. He watches a man dressing up in women's clothes and walking back and forth posing in front of his mirror. Wow, I had never seen a reference to a CD in anything I had read up until that point. I always thought I was the only one who crossdressed! I was so enthralled that I read it over and over and over again!!! In fact, I never did finish reading the rest of the book! What a memory! I have never forgotten this scene!! Anyone else remember that scene and how they felt about it?

Anyone else have memories like this-- being surprised by crossdresssing scenes from other books or stories or movies (real literature-type stories--not with CDing as the main theme) that made an impression on you like this?

Another example was Cate Blanchett's movie "Elizabeth" where Queen Elizabeth discovers her boyfriend dressed in women's clothes and she drops him like a hot potato!

Hi Stephanie,

I stumbled on a surprising story with a TG theme in a collection of short stories by Ray Bradbury called "Long after midnight", and the story is the same name.

Also, in a much lower-brow vein, in my childhood, I was ecstatic when I found a Jimmy Olsen comic book with a story that had Jimmy going undercover as a dancing girl, WOW!!

Back in the '80's, my 2 kids got into comic book collecting, so I did too, and managed to find a few more Jimmy Olsen comics that featured Jimmy dressing as a woman (as well as other comics that featured crossdressing too). He had a trunk full of disguises, and apparently kept it well-stocked with women's clothing. Hmmmmmm........

Carol:hugs:

Stephanie Kay
08-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Yes, I've seen a variety of regular comic books that had characters dressing up as women. Quite fun!

Sarah-RT
08-19-2006, 02:32 PM
crossdressing hasnt become an issue to me until quite recently in the past year or so but watching CDing characters in cartoons when the male character would end up in female clothes always made me happy to see them and i always waited for the scene to happen sometimes i wish i could be in the scene too hehe

coral_s
08-19-2006, 02:44 PM
On that sticks in my memory is 'I Will Fear No Evil' by Robert A. Heinlein.
An extremely rich old man has his brain transplanted into the body of a woman.

Stephanie Kay
08-19-2006, 05:50 PM
That's the spirit! I am going to look for that Heinlein book and that book of Bloom's short stories. And , Carol, I love Ray Bradbury. Don't know how I missed that one! Thanks for the tips!! Anyone else?:happy: