PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at Cache, anyone?

Joanie
08-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Anyone shop at this somewhat pricey store? I called one in a mall in another city, asking if they mind a man shopping for himself, possibly trying on clothes. The woman identified herself as the store manager, told me her name, and told me no problem. She went on to mention a new employee they had hired who, wherever she used to work, had helped a number of male shoppers. She said ask for her.

I am wondering....what are their dressing rooms like? Ultra private? I don't want to make, or be uncomforatble, myself. I have only tried on female clothes in a store once, almost twenty years ago, a little lingerie shop in Charleston,S.C. didn't mind my doing so, so off I went with a long night gown to the dressing room. I am darn shy though, even away from home!

Jesse69
08-19-2006, 07:31 PM
I got a Cache floral skirt from ebay, but I never went to the store. I'm happy with cheaper stuff, and sometimes high end styles are ugly like some Chanel or St. John stuff

Holly
08-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Joanie, I'm sure the manager took into consideration the comfort and privacy of all the store's customers, before telling you it would be okay. Please go and enjoy yourself!

Adrienne Heels
08-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Joanie, there is one here at the mall I am planning to visit dressed next month.

I don't worry too much about dressing rooms, even when en drab. At the Limited, I was by the 3-way mirror and the door trying on jeans while in guy mode. No one cares.

Joanie
08-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks to both of you for the encouragement. I have looked on their website and they have some nice things, perhaps I will aim for the items on sale that the manager was telling me about.

Girly Boy CD
08-21-2006, 11:13 PM
I will be going to shop at Cache in the next couple of days.

pywacket
08-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Joanie,

I tried on a couple of pairs of jeans in a local Cache. I was en drab and the SA was very helpful. We found a couple of pairs of jeans for me on the sale rack and I ended up taking a pair home.

The dressing rooms were private and also include a pair of mules so you could get an idea of how the clothes would look in a high heel.

Of course, I was there at 10AM on a weekday so there was very little traffic.

All in all a very pleasant experience.