PDA

View Full Version : Wig size

jacky83
08-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I havent been able to find any experiences or information among members relating to the size of a wig cap. I have a fairly large head and while the wigs I have fit some what ok, a larger size probably would look and fit better. Has anyone had any experience with wigs that come in a larger cap size?

celeste26
08-19-2006, 05:18 PM
There are many large size wigs sites listed with google too many to share here just look they are there.

Tracy_Victoria
08-19-2006, 05:23 PM
I havent been able to find any experiences or information among members relating to the size of a wig cap. I have a fairly large head and while the wigs I have fit some what ok, a larger size probably would look and fit better. Has anyone had any experience with wigs that come in a larger cap size?

Petite is about 20 inches, average 22", large 24" most wig makers do large wigs in limited styles, adolfo I think do the better in the larger sizes, Dutchess being a really nice flowing one, but I have to adjust mine right down as I only have an avarage head.

I've also found paula young, and there lines come up smaller, ie there average wigs don't fit me, there larger one do. I tend to stick to buying Noriko, Rene of Paris, or Amore, all the same company, always come up the same no matter which wig, and i have a few! ie all there average wigs fit me perfect!

good luck!

Stephenie S
08-20-2006, 12:34 AM
The wigs sites that I have visited have measuring instructions to determine your head size and hence your wig size. Then you order a wig that comes in that size.

Sounds pretty simple to me.

Steph

Jasmine Ellis
08-20-2006, 02:51 AM
wig sites are the best places to look

Jasmine Ellis
08-20-2006, 02:54 AM
or find the nearest tramsformion shop near you and go there they would do verything for you.

Tracy_Victoria
08-20-2006, 03:13 AM
The wigs sites that I have visited have measuring instructions to determine your head size and hence your wig size. Then you order a wig that comes in that size.

Sounds pretty simple to me.

Steph

Measure your head and working to the makers charts is a good idea, but sadly as with clothes what one maker calls average, is totally different to anothers.

Ie Rene of Paris, Amore, Noriko wigs (all the same maker) average size fit my head perfect, yet Paula Young and Jacaqulyn both feel there going to ping off my head at any moment hence I don't buy there wigs, and there larger wig range just don't suit me!

Also be aware of the flood of imports from the far east at present, the wigs look superb in pictures, but often the goods are nothing like there pictures, ie they look nice upon arrival, but they don't wash well, they shed hair at a high rate, or the weft can be clearly seen once on.

some good basic rules to buying a wig.

Try before you buy, If you can! (does the wig suit you!)

Speak to people who have tried the wig make your interested in, how are there wigs, have they been delighted or disapointed?

Buy the best wig you can, don't scrimp on your most feminine asset, this will make or break your look so if a better wig is a few pounds more, i'd be happy to pay it.

Buy a know maker (you then have comeback with a company if the wig does have problems, there are friday wigs, the same as there are friday cars and houses)

shop arround, I've bought many of my wigs of Ebay, but I have found others in shops for really cheap and silly prices. ie search the web, and look for " tag sales, clearance lines, end of line sales) I've bought $200 wigs for less than $30 it just a case of spending time looking.

lastly, I've tried, worked wigs for fellow tv's, talked to both tv's and also RG with hair loss problems, and helped with many wig problems, there are many good ones out there JR, RW, HM, etc, but I stand by ROP wigs as the best suited for me, hence any of there range fits me such as gallery, Amore, Rene of Paris, Noriko, and I'm happy to votch for them (and no I'm not getting paid by them!)

but if you want to see how easy good wigs wearing can be, check out some of there promotional movies at:

http://www.reneofparis.com/video/index.html

good Luck!

stefi
08-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Jacky , Try www.paulayoung.com They give you instructions on how to measure . I have ordered quite a few from them never no problems , take a look on line. Stefi :happy:

JenniferMint
08-20-2006, 12:05 PM
but if you want to see how easy good wigs wearing can be, check out some of there promotional movies at:

http://www.reneofparis.com/video/index.html

good Luck!

Are those synthetic wigs or human hair wigs in the video?

They look so good!

Tracy_Victoria
08-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Are those synthetic wigs or human hair wigs in the video?

They look so good!

Thats why I buy em!

Most of ROP range are Synthetic, unless you willing to pay big bucks, I think it say what they are buy group, but if not have a look at

http://www.fekewigs.com/brands.htm

Not the cheapest place but there site is well layed out and easy to follow