PDA

View Full Version : Purchased my first pair of 6' heels

ANA
08-19-2006, 11:57 PM
This is my first post
Not sure if anyone else has posted anything like this but i would really aprreciate help with this.
Finally got up a enough nerve to buy a pair of 6" heels have been wearing 3 to 4 " heels didn't think it would that much harder to walk in 6" heels but i got a big surprise when i put them on and tried to walk in them i almost lost my balance is there any easy way to learn how to walk in 6" heels and be gracefull at the same time.
Does any one have any suggestions on how to get used to wearing 6" heels

Deborah
08-20-2006, 12:03 AM
LOL no i never tried anything bigger than 3 1/2". Good luck though.

Maija
08-20-2006, 12:05 AM
good luck

Stephenie S
08-20-2006, 12:30 AM
why?

Jasmine Ellis
08-20-2006, 02:59 AM
Are you small to have 6" heels? I would brake my neck wearing them, good luck

Kimberly
08-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Purchased my first pair of 6' heels
6 ft heels?!!?!?

WOWZERS! :eek: How do they look on you! You must be at least 100ft high. ;)

xx

Candy Heels
08-20-2006, 10:17 AM
All I can add is that they can be worn but it does take practice and a real desire.

Good Luck:2c:

emmycd
08-20-2006, 01:40 PM
I have a pair it takes alot of practice to walk . I have a hard time walking in the pair I have .

Shiny
08-20-2006, 01:44 PM
How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice! I have settled on five inch heels as being the most feminine and comfortable and have trouble walking in two or three inch heels now as they don't feel like flats or heels. I can walk comfortably in 6 inch heels and even have a pair of 7 inch heels. Those I can't walk in but they sure look nice when they are on!

JimLovesHotPink
08-20-2006, 01:46 PM
6 " wow ! I can barely walk in my first pair I just purchased which are only 4 " !

judyw9
08-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Are you small to have 6" heels? I would brake my neck wearing them, good luck

Yeah, I'm with Jasmine. How tall are you? I'm 5' 9" and I can get away with 4" heels but I'd hesitate to wear anything bigger anywhere other than a club setting. Any time you make yourself much taller than 6' you are going to draw attention to yourself

Marissa Mae
08-20-2006, 02:09 PM
I have a pair of thigh high boots with 6" heels :happy: I never have a chance to wear them out, as I am still in the closet about dressing...

Except, last night after getting home from a night out, everyone was asleep, so I put them on with a skirt and top, and walked to my car a few blocks away@ :<3:

It was not to difficult at first, but eventually my calves got tired and feet started hurting, and I had to start taking small, mincing steps, or else I would wobble! Sooo delicious, I loved every second of it!

But yeah, try taking smaller steps, thats what got me back to my house!

Kate Simmons
08-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah, Pray a lot! Ericka

STILLETTO
08-21-2006, 12:15 PM
You've got the looks and heel height to pull anything in pants, if thats what you want.......difficult to walk in 6inch heels however, practice at home until comfortable. I wear them for kneeling and laying down only!!!!! naughty, naughty....

S.
xxxxxxxxx

brun123
08-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Wow if i had those im sure id fall straight onto my face.

Johanna R
08-22-2006, 05:47 AM
ANA,

There are a couple of other threads on this subject already going here" "Walking in heels" and "High Heel Training" are probably just the begining of what you will find.

As for the "how to" of walking in 6" heels :2c: - like everyone else has said practice! I have been wearing heels for years - usually 3 to 4" but recently bought a pair of 5" and love them. Well, then I had to try and test the limits and so bought a pair of 5 1/2" and then 6" (which are actually 6 1/2" because of my size 11 foot). I have mastered walking in the 5 1/2" heels but the 6" I think are the upper limit for walking and not looking like you are just trying to stay on your feet. The key is to work up gradually in size and allow your legs to strengthen and adjust to the new posture. There is a lot of stretching and compressing of musciles and tendons going on when you get up in heel height and you have to take your time least you hurt yourself.

Having gotten used to walking in 5 1/2" heels now and occaisionally wearing the 6 1/2", my 5" heels feel like nothing and are my footwear of choice when going out! I'm 5'9" tall but do not care what my height is when dressed - it is not about passing when I'm out, it is about feeling comfortable and being myself...

Good luck with the new shoes! :happy:

Vicky_Scot
08-22-2006, 06:15 AM
A & E watch out............6" heels.........thats HIGH heels.

Charleen
08-22-2006, 07:33 AM
If you fall, just remember to yell- TIMBERRRRRRR!!! Love and xxxx, Lily

Sky
08-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Does any one have any suggestions on how to get used to wearing 6" heels

Yes. Only wear them in bed.

Let's face it, girl, 6 inchers are not for walking.

I am assuming you meant spike pumps, because 6 in platforms (a couple inches thick on the front) are a breeze.