PDA

View Full Version : Stockings

melody
12-16-2004, 05:01 AM
I used to have a pair of stockings that stayed up by rubbery pads in the inside of the top of the stockings (If this makes any sense). Does anyone know where to buy these?
Thanks in advance ladies :)

Claire B
12-16-2004, 05:15 AM
You can buy thigh hi, stay up's in just about any department store. The real trick is finding gartered stockings.

Hugs and Kisses
Claire

LindaTS
12-16-2004, 08:05 AM
Both items are available from Frederick's of Holloywood. Sear's and JC Penny's also sell gartered stockings.

MistyCD
12-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Sometimes the Walmarts have them as well

misty :)

Georgette
12-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Hi I just bought some at Wallgreens last night no problem. They have them.

Ashleigh
12-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I get my thigh highs from Wal Mart. They seem to last the longest of all I have tried and they have the 4" lace at the top.

Love lace.

Tonia
12-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Both items are available from Frederick's of Holloywood. Sear's and JC Penny's also sell gartered stockings.
Don't for get Leggs Brands they have a large assortment of hose.
Tonia:)

Rachel_740
12-16-2004, 05:10 PM
I used to have a pair of stockings that stayed up by rubbery pads in the inside of the top of the stockings (If this makes any sense). Does anyone know where to buy these?
Thanks in advance ladies :)

Hi Melody,

The other girls have given you a few suggestions for buying hold-ups in the US, but, in case your in the UK, you can buy them in all the major supermarkets, boots, shoe shops, loads of corner shops and even some filling stations.

Rachel

MonaSmith
12-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Hi Melody,

Hold-ups are my favourite type of hosiery. Tesco do great ones, inexpensive too.

ballet
12-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Putting on a pair of shiny silk stockings and a pretty suspender belt,has to be one of the most feminnine things a girl can do.And placing the belts under the panties is so wonderful,as you walk the belts tug at your panties ,and you can feel the sliky fabric against your skin. :p

Ashleigh
12-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Ballet, now look what you did - Now I have to run home get out of my holdups and get into my garter belt and thigh highs, and ..............

coral_s
12-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Putting on a pair of shiny silk stockings and a pretty suspender belt,has to be one of the most feminnine things a girl can do.And placing the belts under the panties is so wonderful,as you walk the belts tug at your panties ,and you can feel the sliky fabric against your skin. :p

Could not express it any better.

Rachel_740
12-17-2004, 03:25 AM
Hi Melody,

Hold-ups are my favourite type of hosiery. Tesco do great ones, inexpensive too.

I like the Sainsbury's black hold-ups, but they don't seem to have them at the moment. All I can find is 'nearly black', so the other day i ended up buying 'nude'

Rachel

melody
12-17-2004, 04:44 AM
Thanks for all your help girls :)
I must admit I've never visited an actual shop and browsed and doubt I ever will so my knowledge in these areas is quite limited.

Sharon
12-17-2004, 06:51 AM
That's why they invented the internet! :)

mmandy31
12-17-2004, 09:43 AM
go to the wal mart they sell them or kmart or any department store sell them
they are called stay ups

Lindahexi
01-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Hi Melody, I use the same ones that you described, in the UK they are called HOLDUPS, and I get them from a store called ASDA which is UK division of Walmart. I like them because they last well and you can adjust the length to a degree depending how high you pull them up. Also they are very strong. Buying them is painless because I just throw them in the trolley with normal groceries and nobody notices.

Hugs,

Linda

Priscilla1018
01-31-2005, 04:16 PM

Hi Ballet, you read my mind the feel is soooo good. :D

Hugs,
Priscilla

Sweet Jeanette
02-02-2005, 11:02 PM
I get my thigh highs from Wal Mart. They seem to last the longest of all I have tried and they have the 4" lace at the top.

Love lace.

I know. I buy there too. And the same thing as you buy!---My wife recommended them.

Ashleigh
02-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I know. I buy there too. And the same thing as you buy!---My wife recommended them.

I haven't found anything better for the price and they have nude, black, and white. Best of all, they have the size available to fit my with my 6'4" height.

Sweet Jeanette
02-02-2005, 11:37 PM
I haven't found anything better for the price and they have nude, black, and white. Best of all, they have the size available to fit my with my 6'4" height.

You are a tall girl!---I like nude and off-black. Tan will not do for me.---I look up to tall girls; I love them!---Actually, I look up to most people, since I am only 5 foot 7 inches tall! :)

Danielle1960
02-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I think the pair I had used latex strips at the top to hold them implace. I go red marks from that :( Latex alergies. Oh well guess I'll a better quality next time. :)

Sweet Jeanette
02-02-2005, 11:52 PM
I think the pair I had used latex strips at the top to hold them implace. I go red marks from that :( Latex alergies. Oh well guess I'll a better quality next time. :)

I use a garter belt. I like it better. It is open in the rear, and holds my hose perfectly!---Another reason I use a garter belt is, ---I have a pretty good looking butt, (my wife says so),---and I like to look at it, in the full-length mirror! :D