PDA

View Full Version : I have a dilemma

terrigurl
08-20-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't what to do about this. At a salon, where I go have my makeup and nails done, the GG's who work there have invited me to go dancing with them, en femme. They think that I will have no trouble passing as just another girl. The three of us would just stay together. I have told them that I am not interested in men at all, so we would just dance together, the three of us. The dance club is not a gay bar, and I am quite nervous about being in a straight club, dressed as a woman. Also, they are Hispanic, and I am not. I don't know how to salsa, so I will probably stick out like a sore thumb.
What do you think? Should I go or not?
They seem serious, but I am really nervous about the whole idea.

Terri

Sally24
08-20-2006, 07:48 PM
If you haven't been out to a club before I would suggest that you get them to go to a Gay or T/G friendly place first. You have to be careful about catching the attention of straight men as they can be very upset if deluded about a lady's gender! Take it slow and careful!

Phoebe Reece
08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Terri, since you will have two GG's there to help fend off any unwanted attention, I would say go out with them to the straight club. Even at the gay clubs, you can get guys hitting on you. There are gay guys out there that think if you are a guy wearing a dress in a gay bar, you must be gay also. They can be just as clueless as the straight guys.

angelfire
08-20-2006, 09:23 PM
I agree with day tripper. Just go for it. I go to the clubs all the time (Mind you, as a guy). Have a few drinks and loosen up a bit!

Julogden
08-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Terri, since you will have two GG's there to help fend off any unwanted attention, I would say go out with them to the straight club. Even at the gay clubs, you can get guys hitting on you. There are gay guys out there that think if you are a guy wearing a dress in a gay bar, you must be gay also. They can be just as clueless as the straight guys.

Hi Phoebe,

Gay guys who know your true sex aren't going to try to hurt you if you say no, that's no big deal. Fooling straight guys into thinking you're female can, in some situations, result in getting hurt or in a fight, whether you're with a couple GG's or not.

Terri, trust your instincts. Unless you are certain that you pass 100% flawlessly and can be completely convincing as a female, voice, mannerisms and everything, and are comfortable with the situation, be careful. Your 2 GG friends probably mean well, but they may not realize that you could get hurt if you're clocked.:2c:

Carol:hugs:

Kate Simmons
08-21-2006, 06:07 AM
Yep, I agree with the other gals. Go for it Hon. Ericka

Donna Ellis GG
08-21-2006, 06:19 AM
go and have a good time

Jasmine Ellis
08-21-2006, 06:27 AM
this is up to you at the end of the day. I would say go and have fun

jjjjohanne
08-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Never go into a situation blind. Go with them as a man. If you have fun and you trust the place, then you have something to make your decision on. Believe me, if all you have to help you make this decision is the opinions of a bunch of strangers on a forum, then you are taking big risks!

Joe

Audra Sinclair
08-21-2006, 06:47 PM
I have been to all kinds of bars with GG's. Just don't start eyeing the men. Your GG friends will know who to stay away from. It is a great experience.
I have had men come up to me and tell me they know I am crossdressed and could they buy me a drink and ask questions. They are really curious. There are more men out there who would like to dress but are afraid.

Just do it.:2c:

Rachel Morley
08-21-2006, 08:24 PM
I say definately go for it, this is an opportunity many would kill for. :happy:

Having said that, going to a straight bar with a group of GGs is not for the faint hearted. IMHO gay bars are easy by comparison. Depending on what age you all are, a group of GGs will get attention whether you like or not from regular guys, and as you are part of the group they're gonna (at least initially) talk to you too. But, like others have said, providing that the GG's protect you and don't leave you on your own, you should be ok. Good luck.

P.S. if you do go take some pics and post about it :D