PDA

View Full Version : CD 'Passages'

Cristi
08-20-2006, 07:55 PM
I've seen this touched upon in other posts, but not yet covered in its own topic.

I've always been curious about the path followed with crossdressing, and where I am going from here. first, the history (all years very rough)

0-9: feelings of being different, jealousy of my sisters' clothes.

10-13: experimenting with individual items. Panties, pantyhose...

14-16: Full outfits. TONS of sexual excitement regarding dressing

15-early 20s: Short 'daring' adventures in public. Walks, drives, etc

20s-30s: Dressing more for 'comfort'. Starting to buy complete outfits and shoes at real stores, no more 'borrowed' clothes or goodwill stores. Also, before 30 I never had any interest in bras or breast forms. Started adding makeup to my dressing. Underdressing (panties) 24/7.

Mid-30s - ?: Public outings (at least on halloween)

40s: ????? What is next? I'm sure I'll be working toward being out in public more an feeling more comfortable with people 'knowing' about me, but what else do I have to look forward to?

So how does this match your timeline? What is in store for me next?

angelfire
08-20-2006, 08:06 PM
up to about 12 I guess was just curiousity. Had a female friend, and we would play 'dress-up', but never with any really feminine items, no panties or anything. Just pants and shirts and whatnot.

I guess from 16-now it has basically mostly still been curiosity, but I just recently (Since I joined here I guess) started buying my own stuff (Mostly salvation army). Mostly for the sexual thrills at this point, and mostly just panties. I have 2 bras, but I don't like the feel of them.

Kimberley
08-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi Christi

I think we all take our own path to a point of comfort or understanding if you will. For the CD this appears to be pretty much the status quo. The ages may change but the progression is natural.

Next? Just enjoying it all.

Kimberley

Randy
08-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Not sure what age I started, but I know what I started with: bras. There was just something about the look of a bra that made me want to try one. It was easy really, because I was the oldest, and given the job to do laundry from time to time. That, and finding bras in the laundry hamper gave way to try them. I progressed through my teens where I was wearing all female articles of clothing while home alone (usually when sick or during summer vacation). Anyway, my 20's meant a live-in girlfriend and secretly trying on her things (same with other girlfriends, though never with their knowledge or cooperation). I may have settled on bras because this was the only reallly "female" article of clothing she had.

I married at 30, and was buying my own bras by then. Had to hide everything until my wife found the bras, but she is tolerant. She says "accepting" but I say "tolerant" because she wants nothing to do with it. Too bad, the couple of times we've talked about it, I was on cloud nine. Taboo subject most of the time.

Now, as I move into my mid 40's, I suspect that things will remain as they are now. I don't really want to go as far as many of the others here do, but I do admire you in some ways and sometimes do wish that I was good enough to join that crowd - if only for a brief time.

Love this forum. Been lurking and reading for years, so now this may be how I am progressing - writing to others about this does soom to help. I feel better being able to do this.

Cristi
08-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm surprised all the 'lists' I see - makeup, bras, etc. - none ever mention switching from male music to female. In my life, that shift was far more significant than, say, lipstick and stuff.

I guess that's one place I see that I differ from many here. I don't really have a female 'persona' and don't consider myself 'female' or effeminate in any way at all. When I am dressed, I am still 'me'. The same me I have always been. My taste in music, entertainment, conversation, etc is still the same as it is in 'guy mode'.

In fact, the femme name I took for this group is for use on this group only, It (or any female name) doesn't really fit me, since I still just think of myslef as a guy... just a guy in a dress!

For the same reason, I've never practiced a female voice. I know I'll need one if I ever start going out in public, but it just isn't 'me'.

In fact, I don't really know if the attraction of 'passing' for me would be the thrill of being seen as a woman, or just the advantage of not being questioned about what I am wearing. On the other hand, I HAVE been pleased the few times I've been called "Ma'm" when out.... I don't really know how this all fits together... but I guess it is one of the things that will become more clear as I progress.

+? ..... confused now more than when I started ..... +?

angelfire
08-20-2006, 09:20 PM
I still listen to 'male' music. Heavy Metal, Rock, etc. I do enjoy variety, and I do frequent clubs and such, I still enjoy my more masculine music.

steffie39
08-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi girls.

My overall journey is unique I think:

4-5 yrs old: Tried on my mom's bra and put bobby pins in my hair
6-12: No desires to be a girl but normal boyhood
12-13 yrs old: Tried on my sister's panties and pantyhose
14-20: No real desires to be a woman. Feelings in hibernation
21-24: Once again sneaking occasional wearing of pantyhose
25-33: Desires again in hibernation
34-36: First time out on my own in another state. Finally bought my very first pair of pantyhose and panties and was that exciting at the time! :)
37-38: Finally got married. Desires again subsided.
39-40: Desires starting to come back again. Confessed to my wife my life-long desires that sometimes went into hibernation. She got me my first set of female clothes (i.e. skirt, blouse, shoes) and a wig. She did my make-up but I was still closeted. However now I finally was able to dress fully as a woman, something I could only dream of all my life! :)
41: Finally learned how to do makeup myself and got more wigs and clothes. Finally started to go out in the real world as Steffie: first to CD meetings last year but now all over, even to mainstream places. I even got over the fear of shaving my arms and legs. It is so great to express my femininity! :happy: :happy: I am now a confident and happy woman when dressed. :happy: :happy:
42-rest of my life: The future. To be determined. Hope to still be Steffie but to also remain happily married where I live a balanced life.

Steffie