PDA

View Full Version : What I wish I had started sooner

Randy
08-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I thought that this might be a good idea for a thread. I was just thinking to myself, while typing another post, that I really wish I had learned about buying my own bras earlier (maybe better to say "Shopping in a store and trying on" since that is closer to my regret). I had a bra that my mother had discarded, and I rescued from the garbage, but she found it and impounded it without ever saying anything to me.

I had no bra of my own for years after that. If only I had started earlier to go in and buy for myself, things would have been much better.

Any other regrets (may not be the best word, but it will do)?

Cristi
08-20-2006, 08:52 PM
What I wish I had started sooner

I guess I wish I had started going out sooner (I still haven't really started). Looking back now, I can see that in pictures of myself in my teens I would have passed without a question with just a touch of makeup. But I didn't know that back then, and now I've got an uphill battle.

If I had the confidence I needed back then, I would have easily had 10-15 years of 'easy' passing. I even house-sat for a semester in college and could have dressed 24/7 except for the actual time in class... maybe even gotten a part-time job as a girl! But it never even occoured to me until after I was out of that situation. All I can do now is just make the best of what I have to work with at this age...

Karren H
08-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Yes!!! Although I started when I was 8, this latest episode didn't really kick into full gear till 3 years ago.... I wish It had started decades ago!!!

Love Karren

angelfire
08-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Even now, it sets you apart from other more generic bands, can give you a bit more of a following, of a particular group. Being different when it comes to music is really important.

Janailene
08-20-2006, 10:22 PM
For years I have avoided facing reality. I wish I had done so earlier.

Kimberley
08-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Regrets? Too many to list. I wish I had known 35 years ago what I know now. Life would have been significantly different.

Charleen
08-20-2006, 11:36 PM
I don't know, but I suspect many if not all of us older girls would answer a resounding YES! I wish I had started sooner. But alas I grew up in the dark ages. Didn't have a clue why I had to dress up, never mind that there were others around like me, except when some mention that wierd uncle of their's in hushed tones. If I was in my teens now, look out! But alas I'm 55, and maybe could pass in a bingo hall. Maybe. No regrets though, we just gotta play the cards we're dealt, and I might of missed getting dealt a royal flush early in life as our younger sisters today, but I'm happy with the pair I have.:heehee: Love and xxxx, Lily

Deanna2
08-21-2006, 01:03 AM
I was a late starter. But if I had started earlier I would have had to worry kids around the house (they're gone now, although I still have to worry about them popping in at odd times). Also I had a job with more regular hours years ago. Now I can hang around the house during the day all dressed up.

older not wiser
08-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Hi Hon, The only regret I have is that the computer age didn't happen when I was youger, alot younger!!!!! My gender role may have been different.

Love; BonnieAnne:GE:

Jasmine Ellis
08-21-2006, 05:33 AM
Wish I told my wife sooner

Mary Jane
08-21-2006, 07:21 AM
I regret not having started fully dressing in my early twenties. I had bought a wig but I only saw a young man in a wig when I looked in the mirror. I never thought about trying makeup. Had I known how much the makeup would have changed my appearance I would not have missed out on so many years of fun and enjoyment.

Angie G
08-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi Randy Yes I regret hot commng out to my wife years ago I lost alot of dressing time :hugs:
Angie G.

Lisa Golightly
08-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Not getting my ears pierced to a couple of years ago... Being a coward I'd always avoided it... I still fainted :)