PDA

View Full Version : Amanda and Kathy fun Sunday outing

kathy gg
08-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Yesterday Amanda and I went to Toronto for our anniversary dinner...just the two of us.

We decided to stick to the gay village as we wanted to park and dine and club all within walking distance. We had no idea {as we planned it a little last min} but there was a fetish festival going on and they had some areas closed off. The place we had planned on dining {Byzantium} looked to be only doing drinks and appetizers....so we went to our second choice, Cafe California. Had some awesome martinis and dinner and tried to figure out what our next move would be.

Went back to Byzantium for another martini and people watched at dusk. I have to say I thought this fetish fair/festival to be pretty tame. We either missed the bulk of the activity {which seemed to be wrapping up upon our arrival} or it was meant to be calm. Regardless we saw very few people fully decked in fetish attire...goodness knows I have seen more buttless chaps on Pride weekend than last night! We spoted a few tg gals, and even saw
a local t-girl celebrity {Nina Arsenault, if anyone who watched KINK in Canada remembers her}. But all in all pretty tame and we did not feel out of place as one would think considering the festivities of the day.

After we finished off our excellent drinks and feeling all warm and fuzzy we headed to Crews to see what was going on with the drag stage. Crews is a really cool gay/lesbian bar which has a drag show on the main level and upstairs dancing for the grrls. We find upstairs to be a little too loud and techno-ish so we found a little spot and watched a really good Diana Ross impersonator and a Madonna look alike. Sometimes after our arrival a very macho bald headed man asked me if I was a lesbian. Then he said I looked like his sister who he had not seen in years! I was like "well, sorry not your sister and not techincally a lesbian...but my beautiful companion is my husband...you can decide." He then proceeded to chat us up finding it awesome that we were out celebrating our 7th anniversary and just really curious about us. He even bought yours truly a drink and offered one to Amanda as well {but Amanda had to decline, she was too full from dinner}.

We finally had an opportunity to grab one of the two {yep! 2} chairs available in a cozy corner and I got a break off my feet while we watched the next act come onstage: Felicia and the Freaks. Which is the 1st pic you see. The best part of this part of the story is we got signaled out of the crowd and one of the queen's talked to us! Asked us what brought us out and asked to see my wedding ring {I have no idea?} ....then complimented both our ....ummm chests! Gotta love the off the cuff sense of humor those gals have! That is the first time in our 7 years of going to that bar that one of the queens talked to either of us! She even let me pick out a song for her to sing next....even though she hated it and said no way! gee.....Kelly Clarkson...not popular as one would think?

Anyway...around 12:30ish we decided to head home.
Although....walking back to the car we got asked if we wanted to buy drugs!!!!!!! I guess we must NOT look like undercover police officers...but potential drug buyers???....oh well....we declined of course and got in our car and headed back home.

I just hope the span between this outing and our next one is not nearly as long as before!

Talon DeRojo
08-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Kathy - Thanks for sharing the events of your special night!
Talon:happy:

Breanne
08-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Happy Anniversary! Glad you enjoyed your evening out. Thanks for sharing the special date with us.

Shelly Preston
08-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Happy Anniversary

to you both :hugs:

You both take a great picture :2c:

Jasmine Ellis
08-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Happy anniversary and I hope there is many more happy wonderful years to come to you both

Sandra
08-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Glad you both had a good night

stlmichelle
08-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Sounds fun, my wife and I are going out in a couple weeks. It will be my first time out with her, we are celebrating our birthdays which are at the begining and end of next month. I am really looking forward to it.

Phoebe Reece
08-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Happy anniversary!

Di
08-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Happy anniversary again hon.....wow loved reading about your night out and the pics were great:hugs:

ColleenCD
08-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Happy Anniversary! Great Pics by the way.

Colleen

bredalee25
08-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Happy Anniversary hope you have many more just as happy.

ttfn

Deidra Cowen
08-21-2006, 05:25 PM
I enjoyed reading your article and looking at da pics. Happy Anniversary!!! By the way you both look like GGs!

DebbieThomas
08-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Happy Anniversary! to you two, hope you have many more to come :hugs:

SherriePall
08-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Happy anniversary, Amanda and Kathy. Sounds like you two had a great time. And you both look great in the pic.

Ms. Donna
08-21-2006, 06:30 PM
A very Happy Anniversary to you both!

Sounds like a fun time and you both look great!

Love Ya,
Donna

Carlacd
08-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Glad the both of you had a wonderful time out and your anniversary. Thanks for sharing your story with all of us.

Wenda
08-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks for sharing that awesome night! My GF and I went to my place at the lake, with Wenda packing a suitcase and carry-on full of shoes, bbots wigs, etc, etc, but got so involved in other projects that Wenda only showed up twice! Your night was far more successful from a dressing perspective.

EricaCD
08-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Happy Anniversary! Out of curiosity was Saturday the date of your anniv.? (I just ask because ours is awful close - though we have 5 years on you!)

Great pictures--you both look beautiful. And, as usual a wonderful recounting of (what sounds like) a terrific evening!

Best,
Erica

Kimberley
08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Happy Anniversary girls..... and you both looked mahhhhveloussss!!!

:hugs:
Kimberley

Jodi
08-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Happy Anniversary Amanda and Kathy. Wish you many more to follow.

Jodi

Marcia Sue
08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Happy anniversay and thanks for the wonderful story.

KimberlyS
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Happy Anniversary Amanda and Kathy!!!!!! Seven Years is a great accomplishment.

I know what you mean about getting time to celebrate with kids about. It does not seem to get much easier at times even as the kids get older. Our Anniversary was over a week ago and we still have not gotten out.

KimberlyS - CD

Jenna1561
08-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Happy Anniversary!

Love to read stories of great outings like yours. You both look great in the pic!

Jenna

Bobbi Lynn
08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Happy Anniversary! Great pictures!

Phyliss
08-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Only 7 years? You guys are still newlyweds. Glad you had a wonderful time.

ashleyinwpb
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Keep on rocking I hope you two have a wonderful 7 more

admirerplus GG
08-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Kathy and Amanda,

Thank you so much for sharing your fun and interesting evening with us. I have to say that I am very impressed with how you manage to make time for each other as a couple with a young child. I think that you are an excellent model for any couple to emulate because you set aside special moments to rekindle your relationship and romance. Congratulations! Absolutely fantastic! Way to go!

Holly
08-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Amanda and Kathy, what a fun way to celebrate an anniversary... and how genreous of you to share it with us. Thanks!

Rachel Morley
08-22-2006, 11:58 PM
...a very macho bald headed man asked me if I was a lesbian. Then he said I looked like his sister who he had not seen in years! I was like "well, sorry not your sister and not techincally a lesbian...but my beautiful companion is my husband...you can decide."
Wow, what a fantastic comeback!..."my beautiful companion" - I love it :happy:

As you know, You and Amanda are Marla and My heros (or should that be heroines?) You guys blaze the trail and the rest of us follow and try to keep up!

P.S. Loved the pictures. :D ....oh...and happy anniversary!

Marla GG
08-23-2006, 12:21 AM
:yt:

Kathy, as far as I'm concerned, you and Amanda wrote the book on how to be a happy crossdressing couple, and we're still learning from you all. It was so much fun reading about your evening out and seeing the cute pics. I also loved what you said to that guy; I am so stealing your line if I ever get the lesbian question thrown at me!

Wishing you many more happy anniversaries to come.....I can totally picture you and Amanda going out to celebrate your 50th in your matching blue beehive wigs! :p

Hugs,
Marla

p.s. sorry I didn't see this sooner; I haven't been on the forum much this past week. Just glad I saw it before it completely vanished.

carolinewalker_2000
08-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Happy anniversary; you both look lovely.

RikkiOfLA
08-23-2006, 04:22 AM
Happy aniversary! You both look soooooooo good!!! :OMG:

Rikki

sue ellan
08-23-2006, 07:08 AM
happy anniversary. great pictures. hope that you ane amanda have many more.
sue ellan

kathy gg
08-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks to:
Talon!
Breanne!
Shelly_P!
Jasmine Ellis!
Sandra GG
stlmichelle ..and good luck with your outing!
Phoebe
Di
ColleenCD
bredalee25
Deidra Cowen !
DebbieThomas
SherriePall
Ms. Donna
Carlacd
Wenda ...better outings luck next time !
EricaCD ..thanks! Actually SUnday was the actual day.....twilight moment huh?
Kimberley: Thanks alot my friend.
Jodi
Marcia Sue
KimberlyS: I hoep you get a night out soon. Every parent needs it!
Jenna1561
Bobbi Lynn
Phyliss....yeah..we just babes aren't we?
ashleyinwpb ...hey I am hoping way more than just another 7!haha!
admirerplus GG: thanks...so much..I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Holly
Angel & Marla...now just waiting for you 2 to come up here to hang with us!
carolinewalker_2000
RikkiOfLA: thanks girl..your wife is still in my prayers.
sue ellan :thanks

It was a pleasure sharing our fun adventures with you all as well!