PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever just wanted to pluck out your wiskers

Paula A
12-16-2004, 01:10 PM
I was looking in the mirror this morning and I just wanted to grab my wiskers and pull them all out.

I hate shaving!

I hate the look I hate the scratchiness, I hate the bumpy feeling after they are shaved smooth!

I just wanted them gone, I'm sick and tired of dealing with them, having to shave and then by late afternoon have them back.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

OK so now that I'm done venting, sorry, have you just ever wanted them gone?

I sat there wondering how I used to look before they were there and how I would appear without the dark shadow. I tried to pluck a few like I do with my brows but after I found a few that really, I mean really hurt, I realised that I would still be there hours later and my face would be real sore. So I broke down and shaved it yet again.

Felicity
12-16-2004, 01:19 PM
I've plucked my whiskers a few myself at times. It does hurt. I give up more because of the time involved rather than the pain. Too damn many!

Julie York
12-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Does hair removal cream work on your face (and fluffy ears?)
Not yours, I mean mine.

Wendy me
12-16-2004, 01:20 PM
yes i do want them gone...................plucking me no way but i am shure that someone will pluck you if you ask nicely

DanaJ
12-16-2004, 01:21 PM
I had a GF once that did some plucking on my beard area. You are right, it hurt a lot! And after a solid 15 minutes, she had cleared out an area about 1.5 inches around. That area was super smooth, I loved it but there is no way that you could clear an entire face that way.

You could always try laser beard removal, but results are mixed as to how well thie works - which pretty much just leaves electrolysis...

DanaJ

Georgette
12-16-2004, 01:22 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUCH, that hurts. :( :eek:

Sharon
12-16-2004, 01:23 PM
I have to agree with you Paula. Wholeheartedly!!
Dipilitories are too caustic and you need to grow out hair before you can wax. Short of laser, I don't see an alternative though. It's the 21st Century and we're still scraping our faces with sharpened objects! :(

Vallari
12-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Yes the face-shaving thing is a royal pain. Im kinda doing the plucking thing on and off myself now. :o But since Im dorky I try to do 10 or so per day! :p I guess Im thinking of it as a long term project or something. Well right now I just pluck the hairs out of places that are hard to get with a razor like the little crease above the chin. Hurts, but Its worth it when shaving and applying make-up. :)

DonnaT
12-16-2004, 01:34 PM
I pluck my chin quite often.

As a kid I suffered through trichotillomania.

Trichotillomania an Impulse Control Disorder characterised by the repeated pulling out of one's own hair or eyelashes and eyebrows.

Now, instead of the lashes (I have a bald spot on one lid :mad: ), I pull the chin whiskers.

Tamara Croft
12-16-2004, 01:55 PM
I was just wondering about waxing it....heh I can imagine that would hurt like hell. I so want to do Tammy's but she wont let me.......chicken....b0k b0k b0k.... LMAO :P :P

Tamara x

Julie York
12-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Am I posting in the wrong place or was my question not welcome? No-one has answered. It seemed like it fitted the general discussion.

DanaJ
12-16-2004, 02:19 PM
I was just wondering about waxing it....heh I can imagine that would hurt like hell. I so want to do Tammy's but she wont let me.......chicken....b0k b0k b0k.... LMAO :P :P

Tamara x

It won't work - trust me. I tried it once, and in order for it to work, the facial hair has to be fairly long for the wax to grab. And, since facial hair is packed so closely together, you will rip out skin and there will be bleeding...

DanaJ

DanaJ
12-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Am I posting in the wrong place or was my question not welcome? No-one has answered. It seemed like it fitted the general discussion.Julie. facial hair is more coarse than other hair, and the few times I tried facial depilatories, there was a lot of burning and redness, and the hair was just too thick to be melted off that way... hope this helps.

DanaJ

Krissi
12-16-2004, 02:32 PM
I remember telling my younger brother who started trying to shave at like 12 so he could be like dad and me to never even start. God what a pain. My question is would it be so bad if we never started shaving in the first place? Would the peach fuzz eventually engulf our whole head? Someone needs to do a study!

Paula A
12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
The nair bottle warns you not to use on your face. My legs we red with a rash after I tried it so I dared not use it on my face.

I tried to wax my neck once, one small spot, hurt badly and in the end I looked like I just got a hickey LOL (my wife was wondering where it came from, uhhh "I slipped with the razor".??.)

The hairs are like pins when you pluck them, more like little black nails. I still hate them and I wish there was some sort of magic cream that would stop them from growing.

JJ;
I think that as you grow older the fuzz with turn darker and thicker over time. Just look at your ears, seriously, where there used to be fuzz has turned into the dark forest. well at least mine are going that way.

Paula A
12-16-2004, 03:22 PM
hey that was my 69th post.....
OK i wont go there,

Julie York
12-16-2004, 03:34 PM
(Thank you DanaJ)

I have seen somewhere (?) special cosmetic make-up for covering birth defects like red birth marks etc and I think you could use it to cover the darkest 'shadow' on your chin.
Mind you still have to shave the thing.

I know what you mean about the hair though. I have started noticing just how horrible my arms look. I want to shave them but daren't....Or dare I? ha!.

DanaJ
12-16-2004, 03:38 PM
(Thank you DanaJ)

I have seen somewhere (?) special cosmetic make-up for covering birth defects like red birth marks etc and I think you could use it to cover the darkest 'shadow' on your chin.

I know what you mean about the hair though. I have started noticing just how horrible my arms look. I want to shave them but daren't....Or dare I? ha!. Colortration (http://www.colortration.com) this is the coverall foundation I use in my makeovers

DanaJ

MonaSmith
12-16-2004, 03:53 PM
(Thank you DanaJ)

I know what you mean about the hair though. I have started noticing just how horrible my arms look. I want to shave them but daren't....Or dare I? ha!.

Julie, I use dermablend, you can get it in Boots, but check ebay for better deals, I just got some setting powder for a fiver (£18 in Boots).

As to the arm hair, don't shave it! The stubble would be a bitch and very noticable. Get an epilator (I use a Philips Satinelle). It's like an electric shaver, only it plucks the hairs out leaving you very smooth, and regrowth is much easier to deal with. Word of warning though, I hurts the first few times you do it, like waxing, only worse. Results are great though.

Tristen Cox
12-16-2004, 03:58 PM
hey that was my 69th post.....
OK i wont go there,

Uhm yeah LOL! (darn) :p

Well since we are on this topic, I got a bit fustrated and finally just did it. :eek: No matter what I had done previously the roots always left a shadow that seemingly nothing could cover. I know about the wax and there was no way even if it did work, that I could bare the riping and redness. I did the worst part first, above the lip which went numb after awhile making it much easier(why didn't someone tell me there were so many hairs). It really did not get too red or puffy at all. But that's me. No pain no gain. Felt and looked great the next day and still does after more than a week. Minimal maintenance and no more shaving! I Love it! ;)

Paula A
12-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Tristen;
You waxed your face?? how long did it take? and how big of an area did you wax at one time?

Tamara Croft
12-16-2004, 04:28 PM
It won't work - trust me. I tried it once, and in order for it to work, the facial hair has to be fairly long for the wax to grab. And, since facial hair is packed so closely together, you will rip out skin and there will be bleeding...

DanaJ

LOL DanaJ I know, Im a beauty therapist... I was just kidding :p

Skin on the face is very sensative and you should be careful what you put on it to remove hair. Often skin removal creams can burn the skin. If you do however choose to use a removal cream do a patch test on the inside of your elbow (where ur arm bends) or behind your ear. After 24 hours if there is no reaction, it should be ok. Always read the manufactures instructions to be safe.

Tamara x

DonnaT
12-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Would the peach fuzz eventually engulf our whole head? Someone needs to do a study!

Our hair normally falls out at intervals, so the peach fuzz would soon be replaced by the thicker hairs.

Julie, getting the arms waxed would be faster than epilator. Couldn't say which would hurt less though, as they both hurt by pulling out the hair.

paulaN
12-16-2004, 08:31 PM
I bought a home electrolices kit. try and hold a pair of tweezers and the pen with a needle on it sticking it into the hair folical zapping it, grabbing the hair,that single hair with the tweezers and pulling the hair out. all wile looking into a mirror. remember things are backwards. And at my age my eyes are failing .well it didn't take long for me to give up on that idea. If i could to get my wife to do it.ya right!

Vivian Best
12-16-2004, 08:42 PM
I'd like my facial hair gone but of the methods I've seen, either they don't work or they hurt too much for me.

Vivian

Sweet Susan
12-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Plucking hair from the face is just tooooooo painful to do. However, what you might want to do is save up some bucks, and have your hair removed via laser or electrolasis, or whatever the hell it is. I've heard it works well, and I've heard it doesn't work well. What what the hell, take your pick. Go with them that work well, or go with them that don't!

KewTnCurvy GG
12-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Hiya grrlies. I've heard of Vaniqua (and I've written about it here before). It's an Rx that is supposed to inhibit hair growth in "women". I don't know, nor can I find out, why it is prescribed for men???? I dunno if this helps but I'm with Sharon; it's amazing that we have such a crude style of hair removal in the 21 century.

http://www.vaniqa.com/about_vaniqa/

hugs
kew

Sierra
12-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi All,This plucking I do now only for my breast.It began with my face it must have took 30-40 hrs.[a week in spare time]to tweeze all facial hair.My wife laughed so hard as I had teared up eyes and looked so foolish [man that hurts around the nose area].I had to give up doing my face,belly,bikini zone and upper leggs do to tendinitist[pain in joints] from to much time tweezing.People really notice when in drab no beard shadow and look at you like uhuuhhh so you must be gay.It was an endless battle so now I only tweeze my boobs these days 5-10 minutes a day keeps emm smooth.

Tristen Cox
12-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Tristen;
You waxed your face?? how long did it take? and how big of an area did you wax at one time?

I did try the wax on the sides and it did virtually nothing even though the hair was grown out enough for it to grab there was simply too much and was doing more damage than good. So yeah I had to do some thinning by plucking first. As far as the upper lip..well I just plucked the thing in a few hours(yes ouch). I've waxed my arms which lasts good enough for a week or so, and about the same for the face, minus those tiny little hairs that can be expected to show, but it's alot easier to maintain once it's done for the first time.

Sharon
12-17-2004, 12:41 AM
The best routine I've been able to come up with is a good shave with Skintastic gel, being careful to shave several directions. I then apply a light, but well rubbed in, application of Aveeno lotion. The hair seems to take an additional few hours to be noticeable. Once the Aveeno has dried a bit, I usually apply a common covering makeup, or if I'm going out a good concealer.
Granted though, my beard isn't as heavy as the average guy's, but what I have still grows!

Paula A
12-17-2004, 05:14 PM
All great advice, Maybe I'll get myself a laser treatment for christmas. You know if someone did invent a cream to stop beards from growing how do you think Gillete will feel about that. Think of the money to be made with a "Hairacide" LOL - you'd put them out of business.

As far as covers and concealers go I think it is a necessary evil which I could do with out. no beard no need for a heavy blanket of cover, a little lite stuff is OK but I don't like the feeling of being plastered. it looks good but....

I guess maybe I'll try plucking around a bit this weekend. LOL