PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Brand of Pantyhose and Why

Jennifer1959
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Have been reading many of the threads and posts, and wonder if there is a favorite brand of pantyhose and why?

:happy:

ColleenCD
08-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Leggs Silken Mist. The feel is sheer heaven and they are still affordable. I will in time get some Wolfords. Word is they are the best.

Colleen

jjjjohanne
08-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I like to wear Leggs Sheer Energy Active Support. They are durable, and contain spandex, so they don't get too stretched out and fall down. Also, the spandex makes them feel good on my legs.

I don't necessarily like the color. Sometimes I want black hose and they don't come in jet black. I would like to find some that I prefer over these, but I have kinda gotten into a rut. I just buy what I know and I don't experiment.

I DON'T like Hanes silk reflections.
I do like Hanes smooth illusions, but they are too tight normally. They come out of the package looking like they could only fit a 4 year old!!
I have tried some Hue and Calvin Klein before, and I think I liked them.

Joe

pantyhose46202
08-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I love Silk Reflections and Smooth Illusions. They fit me well and I love the silkyness. Jockey are ok but the thigh is too tight. I also like Hue tights.

Jamie

Myst
08-21-2006, 07:28 PM
I've only ever tried a cople of brands. I'd say that out of the brands that I have tried, Secret are the ones that I like the best.

Shiny
08-21-2006, 07:41 PM
In the old days Hanes Alive, nude support was the absolute limit! They were plain knit and probably "carded" or "boarded" before packaging which gave them a great shape and they had reinforced heels and toes, and they were shiny and swishy and they lasted and felt delicious! Size was always a problem with Hanes though as they always run small and they didn't ever make the larger or longer opera length sizes.

Hanes also quit their RHT sheer, plain knit hose back in 1992 so they're gone now too!

They've all quit! Hanes is gone, Pennies and Sears who used to make a nice sturdy and glossy hose with a sewn on waistband are discontinued too. Now all pantyhose I get are those crap, s*** once made in Mexico or Vietnam or something. The quality is gone and they only last a couple wearings. Hanes especially sucks because they have gone from being the best to the worst hosiery company. Their Alive brand feels like sandpaper now and to get that tight "support" feel they simply knit them smaller and tighter! That isn't support hose, that's a CHEAT!

Annette49
08-21-2006, 09:07 PM
My favorite are Hanes Silk Reflections. I have always loved these.

Annette

vbcdgrl
08-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Just My Size (JMS) "Lasting Sheer".

Vikki

ranma 1/2
08-21-2006, 11:22 PM
I have several Silk Reflections and wear them alot but this weekend I fell in love with Pretty Polly the are very well constructed and feel great.

Atlanta Peach GG
08-22-2006, 12:02 AM
I have looked all over for these, and none of the K-Mart or Walmart stores I have been in carry them anymore, but I so do love Vasserette's Plus size hose.........nothing beats the spandex quality of them. They don't bag at the ankles like "Just My Size".........

Anyone know where I can get them??????? :( :( :( :mad:

GG Vanya
08-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Keely,

The Wal Marts here still carry Vassarette. I'm not sure about *panty* hose, as I wear thigh highs, but I'll look next time I'm there.

I'm sold on VS thigh highs. Expensive? yep, but well worth the money, in my opinion. They seem to last forever! And the lace tops are gorgeous.

P.S. I just googled Vassarette, and it *shows* that Target carries them, but I couldn't seem to locate them on their web site store.

sandra-leigh
08-22-2006, 01:05 AM
wonder if there is a favorite brand of pantyhose and why?

Several people mentioned Silk Reflections. If I recall correctly, I have tried those but found that they run extremely easily, and are noticably smaller. It is possible, though, that I am confusing the brand with another similar name.

I haven't established a favorite in true pantyhose, or in pull-ups as yet. I have had good success with the Trudy (or is it Truly?) line of tights, which I find at Zellers: they fit me easily (6', 200 pounds), last well, and don't do The Ankle Creep.

sparks
08-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Calvin Klein!!!!!!

older not wiser
08-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Hi Girls, I'm with Annette on this one, Hanes Silk Reflections Plus Control Top for me. I find that the Plus 3 size fits me best of all and yes they do have a tendency to "run" easily. My next choice for casual wear is Leggs Silken Mist Q, also Control Top, they fit me well and don't "run" that easily.

Love BonnieAnne:GE:

aprillove
08-22-2006, 01:40 AM
The only ones i can ware are J M S, and i like the lite support,but only four shades. :love:

Lisa Golightly
08-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Wolfords... the Rolls Royce for legs. Comfy, strokeable and hard wearing. Look great at 6am when I put them on and at 11pm when I take them off.

Denise_Z
08-22-2006, 02:00 AM
I like Leggs Sheer Energy in the cold part of the year, while during summer I go with Leggs Sheer Vitality or Silken Mist.

Trish
08-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Leggs Silken Mist. They fit well, and feel good.

allisonrn06
08-22-2006, 07:14 AM
I don't necessarily like the color. Sometimes I want black hose and they don't come in jet black.

Joe
JJJJohanne,try No- Nonsense -they have Jet black in their Sheer Endurance and their new light support.No Nonsense is my favorite brand of pantyhose,although I have others from Leggs,Simply Basic,Sears brand,and JC
Penney's.And while we're on the subject,does anyone remember some brands that are no longer around.Believe it or not, Fruit of the Loom used to make pantyhose that felt and looked really nice,but I can't find them anymore.And does anyone remember Underalls? I used to love those hose.

Meag
08-22-2006, 07:53 AM
I must be the only here that wears Men's Pantyhose. I wear support hose and most womens hose just don't fit me right. For the last 5 years I have been wearing Coniflon's, they are made to fit the male body, legs are longer and the waist shorter. They are very durable, most of the thigh-hi's last for a year or two. I also wear Sears Support Therapy in Firm in size F. I have tryed others, but I have found the cheap one only last a couple of wearings. I have worn George Thigh-hi's from Wal-Mart, but don't work well with shorter shorts. the 4" lace top shows when you sit down or bend over, and when you are wearing women's shorts in drab mode, the tops show often.

Meag

Helen in OK
08-22-2006, 10:03 AM
While I am more of a stocking girl, and I prefer the 100% nylon, no lycra versions, I have found a style of pantyhose which is acceptable. Hanes Absolutely Ultra Sheer. It has the 100% nylon leg, comes in size F which fits me. The down side is that the version sold at Dillards comes with a control top, which I don't need anymore.:(

Helen in OK

KathlyLC
08-22-2006, 10:23 AM
J.C.Penny brand Silky Sheer works fine for me. Good price and they are very durable. Same thing for the equivelant in stockings.........

ReginaW
08-22-2006, 10:26 AM
I have to wear Just My Size...lol.

Tiffany Love
08-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I have always loved to wear Vassarette pantyhose with the lacey panty. They look so sexy and feel so good. I have not been able to find them at Walmart anymore. I now buy Hanes Silken Mist pantyhose with the lacey panty. They are comparable to Vassarette. It is so fun to dress and be sexy and beautiful!!!

junetv
08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Donna Karan. The legs are sheer and the panty portion is comfortable with minimal rolling at the waist. However, I buy more Hanes Silk Reflections and Leggs Sheer energy due to having an Leggs/hanes outlet store nearby.

Lori Lee
08-22-2006, 12:07 PM
As stated on another post, I buy Leggs' Sheer Energy (suntan) because they seem to last longer, make my legs feel great and the stores I purchase them at have the 2 for 1 sales. That's when I stock up!!

JimLovesHotPink
08-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Hanes Silk reflections like you said feel very nice on the skin but do run easily. I have had Woolford's and yes they are wonderful, but very expensive. I also shop at www.mytights.com as there are several brands there to try and I happened to try " Levante tights " which are real shiny too. They aren't your typical tights. They are just like Hanes Silk Reflections in my opinion. They feel nice and have a nice shine to them. Give them a try I think you will like them.

SherriePall
08-22-2006, 02:59 PM
My favorites are Hanes Alive. Because they keep my legs together and smooth. (They clean up the lumps from my veins). Of course, I love some of the softer types like Silk Reflections and Silky Mist. Oh, okay, you got me. I just love pantyhose.

Lisa Marie
08-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I love Leggs Sheer Energy and Victorias Secret Pantyhose. They are so soft and comfortable to wear!

Gretchen
08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
I will happily cast my vote for Hanes Silk Reflections, whether in thigh highs, pantyhose, or genuine garter stockings. Absolutely the smoothest and best fitting I have worn so far. They come the closest to feeling like my mom's real nylon stockings that I "borrowed" back in the late '50's. They also wear pretty well, to. At least in my own experience.
Gretchen

christyp24
08-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Love Silkies Control Top Pantyhose. Nothing more comfortable. Used to wear Just My Size, but now fully converted. Too bad they aren't found in stores and you always have to go with the subscription based service!! I've started and stopped my service numerous times.

Kelli Taylor
08-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I have been wearing sheer energy for years and just recently I found the next best thing , in my opinion, besides Wolford and Pretty Polly, they are called Solutions @ Target they come in three styles Day, Luxe (sheer and VERY shiny) my favorite and Fashion. Please try them girls, they are the very good hose and not too expensive about $5-7 a pr depending on style.

Kelli:2c:

Dee 1062
08-23-2006, 12:05 AM
anything black or dark and cheap:)

Ellaine
08-23-2006, 04:54 AM
Everyday wear.....
For long legs, feel, durability, price (cheap as chips) and general excellent satisfaction... Charnos! Makes my day ;)

Kittptcd
08-23-2006, 05:03 AM
It seems the more I spend on pantyhose the faster they run. I have resigned myself to Leggs Shear energy.

mecloset
08-24-2006, 04:22 PM
It seems the more I spend on pantyhose the faster they run. I have resigned myself to Leggs Shear energy.

I would have to say that Just My Size brand is the best for me. Being a big girl, 6'1 and 250lb they are the ones I have found to fit the best and I have never gotten and ankle wrinkle or anything like that. I have tried other large lady size, some from fashion bug and others and they just did not seem to fit or fare as well as the JMS.

Myra
08-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I love getting a pair from Victorias Secret or Frederick's of Hollywood. Best time to get them is when they are on sale.

ellieparsons
08-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Leggs Silken Mist Lace Waistband Pantyhose & Leggs Sheer Comfort:happy:

joanlynn28
08-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Nothing beats a pair of Legg's for my legs. Weither they are sheer energy or silken mist, the are less prone to getting runs in them and I like that they have a tag in the back so you know which way is the front and back.

Mistybtm
08-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Sexy Victorias Secret or Frederick's of Hollywood for me

ArleneRaquel
08-24-2006, 08:54 PM
My newest favorite is Nice Touch Daysheer non - control top in Nude, they as so comfortable and they don't run, easily. They are sold by Sears. My old favorites were the very sexy Fredericks and Victoria's ! :love:

kaliope
08-25-2006, 10:31 PM
You can't go wrong with Wolford. They feel great and make me feel great. When it comes to tights, try Mondor. A great fit and great selection of colours. If haven't shaved or don't want to shave your legs, try wearing Mondor tan colored tights and then put on a pair sheer stocking. No one will know and your legs will look great.

cosmolovesph
08-25-2006, 11:25 PM
I wear and like JMS light support or the lasting sheer for me.

leotards
08-26-2006, 10:56 PM
tights danskin tights

Tina P Hose
08-27-2006, 06:59 PM
This girl is with Hanes, I adore the Silk Reflections line. I have tried the new Silk Transparent Sheer and love it. But it does seem to run easily.

eleyna
08-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Pantyhose (tights) were a big factor in putting me off in my youthful experiments, but holdups were, in a sense, what converted me :) My favorite pair even survived my last purge (actually, marked the end of it): Reve Avoix - Francesc'a Thigh Highs (in black, from barenecesseties.com).

doty_dolittle
08-28-2006, 09:39 PM
:hugs: silkies.com may have what you are looking for . I myself love Hanes high thighs. They last long and feel great

smallwonder
08-29-2006, 12:37 PM
I like nononsense non stop,it seems more durable than some of the others I've tried.Nonsense has a hosiery club you buy 6 3 packs and you get
one 3 pack free,so I buy six 3 packs every time I order ,21 pairs for around
$50 and you are set for a couple months.

Cassie Cas
08-29-2006, 05:10 PM
I've been really wanting to try wolford's. But they don't appear to have a size for me.

EmmaLouise1110
09-09-2006, 06:51 AM
I love wolfords the best!!:love:

geri-tg.
09-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I love slik reflection thigh highs.So comfortable to wear and very sheer.I never wear jeans or slacks without wearing thigh highs. geri

Sarah Coleman
09-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm partial to no nonsense nonstop myself in black or tan

kimmy p
09-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Osco brand (a drugstore here in indiana) light support hose in Honey. Supportive, strong, run resistant, and nice and tight! Unfortunately, CVS has recently bought Osco and is discontinuing this line. So I need to find another brand now. Anyone know of a nice supportive national brand that will fit a lady who's 5'10" and 280? A little help wpuld be nice.

Kimmy P.

Susancd
09-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I love Wolford's, for me they are the best but are expensive.
I also like Levante and they have extra tall sizes in some styles>

Kristiania
09-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Wolfords (wearing now), Falke for stockings and i also like levante? (i think thats how you spell it. Right now why?
Wolfords, great Quality Sandel Toed Last a long time and very comfy
2 Falke they seem to be the smoothest, sexiest stockings ive ever worn. Been doing this for longer than i can remember now.
Levante Sounds posh nice fit

Kristiania
09-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Anyone know of a nice supportive national brand that will fit a lady who's 5'10" and 280? .

Wow thats a grand age whats your secret?

Lindsay Marie
09-09-2006, 04:17 PM
My favorite is Leggs everyday, in both pantyhose and thigh hi's. They are so well made and so soft for as cheap as they are. I guess they're bulit for everyday wear so they're knitted stronger, seldom get a run they usually snag and rip before they run. There's just some things a pair of pantyhose won't hold up to.:D

Andi-Girl
09-09-2006, 09:46 PM
The one's I like the best are, the Round The Clock Silky Shear Control Top, and Lane Bryants Silky Shear Control Top and actually Kohl's own brand are good too.
Andi

Billie Jean
09-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Nononsense support with a rienforced toe. I also like the vintage stockings given to me by a lady at a yard sale. Nothing comapares to the feel against fresh shaven legs. I like to wear knee hi's with pants, reinforced toe of course. Billie Jean

Karen43
09-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Hanes Silk Reflections are my favorite. They look and feel great.

Elizabeth Anne
09-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Leggs Sheer Energy

Make my legs feel like I have had a massage.

eleyna
09-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Do holdups count?

Givenchy -- just ultra wearable and very sexy,
Wolford -- great styles,
Charnos -- robust and comfortable,
Levante's "Solare" line -- dipped in perfurme during manufacture, makes them *truly* truly sensual. If you have a GG partner who likes you dressed in the sack, head to figleaves.co.uk *now* and buy two pairs of the Solare scented hosiery.

KarenSusan
09-11-2006, 04:45 PM
I kind of like Silkies Ultra Soft Dimensions. I get them mail order from someplace in PA. They feel very silky and they are long lasting.

Gretchen
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I have tried a lot of thigh high brands and several pantyhose and will happily say I love Hanes Silk Reflections pantyhose and thigh highs. Hanes seems to be the only brand of pantyhose that fits well, wears well and feels super silky. If not for the Hanes pantyhose, I would not wear panthose at all.
Gretchen

Lourie James
09-12-2006, 03:31 PM
I like any pantyhose with suport, and top control. Leggs are good if I can get queen size I also like No nonsense Q2 control top thay fit me and I get some hold in my mid secetion as well.

johnna
09-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Although I don't think they make them anymore my favs are Hanes-- Smooth Illusions and Revitalizing collections. Both fit nice given the spandex, but also they feel especially silky! The good news is that I still have a few pairs left! :)

Snookums
09-12-2006, 09:57 PM
I like Just my Size support panty hose,they always fit very well:D

caroline_cd_99
09-13-2006, 07:43 AM
For dressing up I really enjoy Legg's Silken Mist pantyhose, they are so sheer and so soft! Sheer Vitality is a close second though.

Under my drab clothes, Sheer Energy and Sears Nice Touch Support Therapy, firm leg toning.

Can't beat the price of Legg's products too, especially when they are buy one get one free at the local drug store.

cathie
09-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Tons of pretty polly, leggs silken mist and wolfords. It really depends on the mood and weather. Mostly nudes and suntan in color as well. Right now wearing VS in a 20 den. I prefer below 15 den but wanted support and shine today.

Kathi-Anne
09-15-2006, 07:14 PM
My everyday pantyhose id the L'eggs Sheer Energy suntan pantyhose. I also like the pantyhose they have at www.mytights.com. They have some of the finest quality pantyhose for tall t-gurls.

Corinne
09-16-2006, 08:31 AM
My favorite everyday pantyhose is No Nonsense Renew. They are discontinued, but I loaded up on them before they left (through Nononsense.com and ebay). I like the Leggs tights, and Silk reflections are good too. :)

june58
09-16-2006, 08:43 AM
I don't know where you live, but the Target stores and Wal-mart here in the north have them.

Corinne
09-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Do they? You wanna get me some?