PDA

View Full Version : Passport Question.

Vicky_Scot
08-22-2006, 05:02 AM
I am going on a cruise later in the year with my best friend who just happens to be my wife also. She knows and supports me in my dressing and said that I can bring the woman within with me.

I am estatic but there is a problem.

The tought of walking around all those beautiful cities that we stop off at dressed en femme is great but what about when it comes to passport control. Obviously I am in Bob mode in my passport. Do you think I will be allowed to embark en femme?

Advice appreciated.

bobbie anne
08-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Now with all the nuts out there you are better off to be Bob at passport control. Being in a foreign country and dressed as a woman may lead to trouble. Bobbie anne

Charleen
08-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Now with all the nuts out there you are better off to be Bob at passport control. Being in a foreign country and dressed as a woman may lead to trouble. Bobbie anne

I definitely second that! In today's day and age, I would want to be as inconspicuous as possible when dealing with any government agency, especially customs. I mean I can't even begin to imagine the cavity searchs!:heehee: Love and xxxx, Lily

Vicky_Scot
08-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Well looks like I will be only dressing whilst at sea.

Thanks for your advice Bobbie Anne and Lilygirl.

KateW
08-22-2006, 07:46 AM
There could be a solution! Simply be fully dressed, minus any makeup and a wig. That way, your face will exactly match that in your passport, and you are free to dress as you want! :-)

RikkiOfLA
08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
I would ask the cruise line. All of the cruise lines have helpful people whose job it is to answer questions about local laws, customs (both meanings of the term), and so on. They'll be happy to tell you about where crossdressing is permitted, how much hassle you'll have getting on and off the ship, and so on.

Love and respect,
Rikki

JoAnnDallas
08-22-2006, 08:19 AM
As long as you do not go off the ship, you should be OK. I would be Bob during the day (off ship) and be en fem at night.

Scrunchie-Bunchie
08-22-2006, 08:58 AM
The problem these days is that anythiung not seen as "normal" would raise hackles. Anybody not seen as "normal" with a mid-eastern appearance will have everybody pointing and screaming "terrorist".

Helen in OK
08-22-2006, 09:30 AM
contact melanie at melpeg@mindspring.com (http://compose.mail.yahoo.com/?To=melpeg%40mindspring.com) Peggy and Melanie are both involved with CD cruises, both here in the US and overseas, so they might be able to answer this question

Helen in OK

Sharon
08-22-2006, 09:53 AM
One thing you could do is to dress and look as androgynous as possible in your passport photo, something like what I did for my driver's license. That way, whether you are dressed male or female, the photo is more likely to look as you appear at the time. One thing though -- do not provide a false name at any time!

suzy
08-22-2006, 10:13 AM
I took a cruise to Hawaii a few months ago and took a suitcase full of enfemm clothes with me to include my breast forms. I had to be the same person on my passport entering the ship so it was the male form entering and exiting the ship, but the real me while enjoying the ships activities!!! It was very exciting and a nice relaxing time for my wife and I! I recommend it!:love:

Melanie R
08-22-2006, 11:07 AM
We have sponsored 28 cruises for transgendered persons and their significant others including 3 in Europe. If you board enfemme there is less problem when you leave the ship in the various ports. When you first board the cruise line will issue you an ID card with your photo taken when the card is made at first boarding. That picture is seen by security each time you board and leave the ship. In the various ports they do not check your passport usually except in some countries. It is best to have a dual ID showing yourself in both drab and enfemme facial presentation. To date we have never had a problem on past cruises but with the latest security screening changes we can't say there will not be a problem. Our next Dignity cruise will be October 29 out of Los Angeles. We will see what happens on that cruise and report back.

Hugs,

Melanie

Bernadina
08-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Thats a great idea Melanie. Do you ever do an Alaska dignity cruise?

KateLongman27
08-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I am going on a cruise later in the year with my best friend who just happens to be my wife also. She knows and supports me in my dressing and said that I can bring the woman within with me.

The tought of walking around all those beautiful cities that we stop off at dressed en femme is great but what about when it comes to passport control. Obviously I am in Bob mode in my passport. Do you think I will be allowed to embark en femme?

Advice appreciated.

I would agree with all the people saying be male coming in and out of passport control as never ever mess with Customs especially the UK ones. Once saw a programme on the BBC where an american jokingly said I've a 9mm uzi in a violin case to a customs person.

End Result: Armed police were called and the american got to spend the night in custody. Even though he admitted it was a joke. Prat.

Plus it would be risky dressing as a women in a foreign country unless its Holland.

Strongly seek advice. And have a nice time.

Sky
08-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Advice appreciated.

Don't panic! Yes, you can do it. I just posted (on a different thread) about how I took a local flight en femme and nothing happened -yes, a special but polite treatment at the security X-rays check with maybe five minutes delay tops, but nothing else. It is perfectly legal. They are looking for terrorists, not for crossdressers. Just stay put, answer patiently and courteously and you'll get through like any other passenger.

I admit I never tried to cross the US borders in drag, but Melanie above said most won't even ask for your passport.

Good luck!

Jasmine Ellis
08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
There could be a solution! Simply be fully dressed, minus any makeup and a wig. That way, your face will exactly match that in your passport, and you are free to dress as you want! :-)

Yes that would work but you got to have the gutes to do it

Seraph
08-22-2006, 01:27 PM

I agree with bobbie anne.

You can change after you arrived at the hotel or something.

You don't want to custom to give you trouble, do you? :eek:

Melanie R
08-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Thats a great idea Melanie. Do you ever do an Alaska dignity cruise?

We have done 3 Alaska Dignity cruise over the past 12 years. We love Alaska.

Hugs,

Melanie

Jean GG
08-22-2006, 03:05 PM
I have travelled extensively, and continue to do so, for the past 15 years. I have always avoided waiting in line for passport control behind people whom I guessed would be closely scrutinized.

You would be not only closely scrutinized...but suspected of who knows what?

Be safe...and make your travel easy...dress where it is a pleasure for you vs. a hindrance. :) j.