PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance/ Part of the Crowd

Jennifer1959
08-22-2006, 09:39 AM
From reading people's profiles, everyone seems to be from all over which is great! Do you find that cross dressers are accepted where you live?

:happy:

Karren H
08-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Nope. Not really here or anywhere I travel...so you pass or die trying to pass!! :)

Love Karren

karentvca
08-22-2006, 10:04 AM
I spend my fem time at night in Montreal... Thankfully, this is a gay- and transgender-friendly city, kind of like San Francisco. However, there are still bars and areas I wouldn't go en femme.

julie w
08-22-2006, 10:40 AM
it doesnt matter where you go you can run into low life ignorant people
I think thats why its important to check out where you will be going out enfemme. To minimize the chances of running into them ,

Jenna1561
08-22-2006, 10:53 AM
I live in southeast Oklahoma, also known as Lil Dixie. This area is home to the subspecies homo redneckus. Rednecks abound in this area. Caution is the word of the day.

I still get out quite a bit, but stay away from their haunts.

Jenna

Phoebe Reece
08-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Crossdressing is pretty well accepted all over the metro Atlanta area. I've been to restaurants, bars, shopping malls, movies, museums, thrift stores, ridden on the subway system (MARTA), been bowling, and even shopped at Home Depot while dressed. I've never had a problem.

Jasmine Ellis
08-22-2006, 01:18 PM
No if anyone knows about you CDing out side well can you run fast in high heels:devil:

myMichelle
08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
I live in southeast Oklahoma, also known as Lil Dixie. This area is home to the subspecies homo redneckus. Rednecks abound in this area. Caution is the word of the day.

I still get out quite a bit, but stay away from their haunts.

Jenna

God, Jenna. You're in crossdressing hell!:heehee:

Butterfly Bill
08-22-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm now an Okie from Muskogee and I can say that my definitely non-passing dressing is tolerated almost everywhere I go, but not always accepted if I try to join certain socializing groups. And it is not appreciably different here from any other place I've been in the country traveling to Rainbow Gatherings.

Jennifer Giovannetta
08-22-2006, 02:10 PM
I went out dressed twice to halloween parties. And it was generally accepted that men are dressed as women. But, I think that most crossdressers come out during this holiday. My wife and I were looking for shoes in my size during the holiday, and a shoe store sales associate told us that all of the large size heels were sold out. This happens every year because of the parties. But at any other time of the year, I would be very careful, and hope to finally get out with another girl who is experienced.

susancheerleader
08-22-2006, 02:42 PM
No way no how. This town I live in is very "conservative" and frowns on things that are not "traditional."
If I were out of the closet, I would never even try dressing around here. But there are bigger towns/cities around that probably wouldn't care at all.

Jean GG
08-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Definitely NOT which is why it's hell for him and me! jean

Sandra
08-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Where we live it is ok, people have got to know Nigella now.

Janice Ashton
08-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Take care and be aware, always know your journey and keep your exits clear,
I am always on my guard when out, even when with other TV's you just never know how people will react. It certainly adds to the adrenalin rush!!
Louise

ElleCD
08-22-2006, 04:52 PM
I live in South Wales. No real signs of a post modernist acceptance of my ironic dress sense. Being noticed in my town would probably draw a crowd and possibly make the local paper with a fair chance of it being the obituary column.

Melissa A.
08-22-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't think it is really "accepted" anywhere, with the possible exceptions of Provincetown, MA. here in the east, and Frisco out west. In almost any big city , you can probably find areas that are safe 'cause no one cares, or they're used to the unusual. But I'm afraid that a read cd will always be something to point out and possibley laugh about, to most people. At least in my lifetime. But I'm getting old! I guess if ya venture out and don't get beat up, that's a good day. At night, stay away from where the drunks lurk, very dangerous, unless you're headed for a TG bar.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Charleen
08-22-2006, 05:35 PM
I just started a thread about me and my day that covers it for me. It''s " Passin' w/o even Tryin'". No hassles so far, and I'm in red-neck country myself. Love and xxxx, Lily