PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe I've just done this

heathr1
08-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I occasionally buy fem clothes brand new from stores or second hand from thrift stores or ebay and a GG friend I know sends me make-up she no longer wants from time to time.

Sometimes I get nervous or shy in shops and do not purchase anything.

Today, in a local paper I saw an advert for a blue leather skirt suit in my size so I've phoned the advertiser up and she is happy for me to visit and will also understand if I get cold feet and do not turn up.

She said she has other items for sale I may like too!

dazzed
08-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Take a chance, go in drab ,Maybe call again first

penelope fletcher
08-22-2006, 01:26 PM
wow your heart must be beating like a drum. but good luck go for it.:hugs: if she didn't want you there she would have told you that she had all ready sold it, so go for it:thumbsup: penny xxx

carol anne
08-22-2006, 01:26 PM
+? The first few times you attempt to buy something femme you will probably feel as if the entire world is watching you.
Actually even other shoppers are hardly paying attention. Certainly the salesperson is bent only on helping you.
Go ahead, buy your skirt, you'll love it and will be on your way in conquering fear.
Carol Anne

myMichelle
08-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Follow your heart and go for it! You've just taken the first (awkword) steps toward true happiness. Sounds like this lady doesn't mind, which is also a big plus. Again, I say go for it--you don't have to arrive crossdressed. In fact, it may be a lot more relaxing if you just show up en drab. Either way, you'll soon be the proud owner of a wonderful new skirt!

tekla west
08-22-2006, 01:37 PM
People run stores to make money. Let her do that, and you get what you want. Its win-win.

Jasmine Ellis
08-22-2006, 01:43 PM
go for it, the items are yours go and have fun well I think thats the right saying

heathr1
08-23-2006, 03:02 PM
I've just returned from visiting her:o

I nearly didn't go because of shyness/nerves, but she assured me it was okay and she understood.

She relaxed me with a cup of coffee first then I tried on the matching leather blue jacket and skirt.

The jacket was far too small and the skirt was a little tight:(

I did buy a lycra miniskirt off her though.

Breanne
08-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I've just returned from visiting her:o

I nearly didn't go because of shyness/nerves, but she assured me it was okay and she understood.

She relaxed me with a cup of coffee first then I tried on the matching leather blue jacket and skirt.

The jacket was far too small and the skirt was a little tight:(

I was just going to say, "go for it." Then your most recent post appeared and I will change that to, "Way to go!"

sparks
08-23-2006, 03:12 PM
(

Oh yeah Lycra Baby!!! Ya coulda done worse! Coulda been polyester:thumbsdn:

penelope fletcher
08-24-2006, 03:32 PM
well done :thumbsup: :hugs: penny

mecloset
08-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I occasionally buy fem clothes brand new from stores or second hand from thrift stores or ebay and a GG friend I know sends me make-up she no longer wants from time to time.

Sometimes I get nervous or shy in shops and do not purchase anything.

Today, in a local paper I saw an advert for a blue leather skirt suit in my size so I've phoned the advertiser up and she is happy for me to visit and will also understand if I get cold feet and do not turn up.

She said she has other items for sale I may like too!

Like you I to have a fear of buying clothing for myself. Being a big girl and fairly new to this site I have found a lot of the things I do are talked about at great length. One item I have done and still occasionally do is when I buy something I buy a card with it, that way when the cleck rings it up I did not feel as though I was being stared at. Then I found a thread on here that talked about doing just that. Kind weird but neat now all I need do is wresle with other fears and I will be set. I did not see anyone mention this but I was wondering did you end up buying the skirt? It would be rather cool to see a pic of it if avail. Maybe the rest of us would like to get one similar. I know from your post that it sounds absolutely adorable. SOrry for rambling. Anyway good luck and god be with.