PDA

View Full Version : What makes you wear the clothes you wear?

Tamara Croft
12-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Hiya Girlz

I'd like to know where all you girlz get your inspiration for dressing and why you dress the way you do. So many of you have so many different tastes in the way you dress and how you want to look. I know why ~Tammy~ dresses the way she does, but I'll let her tell you that if she so wishes :p

Tamara x

Rachel_740
12-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi Girls,

I go mainly for (mainly longer) skirts because I like the feel of a skirt hanging round my legs and blowing in the wind. Dresses are more difficult to get them looking right because I'm size 18 top and 14 skirt (UK sizes), so they don't really hang right. I try to dress my age and appropriately for what I'm doing when I'm out, although I do have a few clothes that I wear at home sometimes that I could never wear in the street.

As far as I'm concerned, I choose my clothes for the same reasons (as far as I know) as any GG chooses hers - because I feel I look good in them, they make me feel good and give me confidence.

Rachel

DonnaT
12-16-2004, 05:07 PM
If I see something that catches my eye, I'll check the price. If it's affordable, it's mine!

No different that GGs I imagine. We all have different tastes. I'll see something pretty and tasteful that I think would look good on my wife, but she won't like it.

I like shorter skirts, above the knee, as I like to show a little leg. Probably because I like seeing a little leg too ;)

KayleighTV_UK
12-16-2004, 05:15 PM
You see the problem for me is i love short! .. and well, short for me is REALLY short.. not because i buy it that way.. because im 6' 8".. and a long skirt comes down to my knees.. well..

But for me is a short black dress anyday! i have always loved velvet and i can never work out why!

Sorry, randomness.

Kay X

Amelie
12-16-2004, 05:18 PM
I wear the uniform of a "Goth". Basic black.
Amelie

Tamara Croft
12-16-2004, 05:18 PM
i have always loved velvet and i can never work out why!

Thats Tammy all over..... anything short and velvety (tarty) :p

Tamara x

Tristen Cox
12-16-2004, 05:21 PM
I can look at so many things in an hour or an evening but when I see that something thats screams ' I was made for you' or 'thats definitly me', I'm buying it!:D

Jerry
12-16-2004, 05:22 PM
I wear what I like. Whether that is what I find attractive on other girls, or on me.

I like conservative pretty things. Knee length skirts. Basic sun dresses. Think Diane Chambers from Cheers.

Why? I like them on others. I like them on me.

Hog hugs. Jerry

Georgette
12-16-2004, 05:23 PM
I wear what ever catches my fancy, and most of the time I like a black skirt or dress but I just purchased 2 from E-Bay and they are not black, One is purple velvet and the other is green I like the velvet it is a long party dress. I will have to get some Pic's.
LOVE & HUGS Georgette :)

KayleighTV_UK
12-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Thats Tammy all over..... anything short and velvety (tarty) :p

Tamara x

Sounds like we have a lot in common! he he

LOL

Tamara Croft
12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
LMAO yep.....same brand of ciggys too :p:p

KayleighTV_UK
12-16-2004, 05:28 PM
LMAO yep.....same brand of ciggys too :p:p

{Double take....}

Were not dating are we? lol!

How strangley ironic and coiencedental.. spelt rather badly..

AnnaMaria
12-17-2004, 09:16 AM
I think that a lot of what I wear has to do with what I like to see women in. And the fact that I am kind of old fashion. I prefer long skirts and dresses. Not so mush pants. Though I do have a pair of womens jeasnd that I wear from time to time when I am in drab. It probably has a lot to do with our own personal style as with most gg's. And of course what is comfy or what is proper for what we are doing at the time. As for what is underneath. It all depends on the weather and how I feel at the time that I am getting dressed. Sometimes I like to wear just panties under and other times I go for a matching tank or cami. Just depending on what I am doing and where I am going. Though I have been wearing winter tights more since it turned cold, as much for the feel as for the added warmth.

huggs
anna

Nikki A.
12-17-2004, 09:25 AM
I wear what fits from my wife's clothes that are big on her since she won't let me buy my own stuff, afraid that it would be another step forward. Luckily she has pretty good taste, but alot is also big on me too.

DeniseNY
12-17-2004, 01:42 PM
I tend to but the things I like to see on GGs in the wild... I have pretty conservative, "Girl-next-door" tastes, nothing extravagant or flamboyant. It's better for me if you can't tell I'm not female.. I prefer knee-length dresses and skirts, but I mix them up with pants (yucch) because there are times that you don't want the attention. I have found that you get almost no attention when you dress in pants and a drab blouse.. Sometimes, that's OK. But if I see something that looks good on a girl, I will be buying something similar in the near future.

Wenda
12-17-2004, 08:00 PM
I have a slightly trashy tendency, I love the 3 L's, Latex, Leather and Lace. all in Black. I have some really comfy women's jeans and trousers, which I wear 'quietly'. Although I have over 2 dozen pairs of footwear, my favourites are my shiny vinyl black thigh-highs with 4" heels. Just a trashette at heart. wenda.

Vallari
12-17-2004, 08:10 PM
I like to wear whatever GG's my age would wear. Usually pants, skirts and cute tops. I also have an interest in office/secretary outfits too, like cute blouses and pencil-skirts, which is odd considering I dont work at an office! :p

Tamara Croft
12-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Some interesting and different tastes. Tammy doesn't wear anything like what I wear. I like to wear tight shirts (no buttons urgh) and pin stripe trousers. I hate wearing skirts :p I like boots that have huge heals on them (block heals). I don't follow fashion at all. I like to wear what I feel comfortable in. I like to look more conservative I guess whereas when Tammy is all dressed up....shes all tarty lol (im gonna get slapped for that)

Tamara x

Stephanie Brooks
12-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Pre-purge...

Dresses, dresses, dresses. I like 'em silky, long, and slitted. I like being able to wear pretty slips and camisoles underneath.

Some of this relates to just wearing things no guy could possibly wear. Sure, guys can't wear skirts, but they could get away with wearing a girl's man-style blouse. That's usually not for me. Give me a dress and I'm happy.

For jewelry, the orientation is similar. I love faux pearls, because guys cannot wear pearls. To me it is the most feminine of jewels.

Serena
12-17-2004, 11:18 PM
I usally like to wear something sexy, above the knee most of the time. for shirts, I like to wear tank tops. WHy? Because it go's along with the short skirt, I like to show a little skin.