PDA

View Full Version : Has VS lost their minds?

Robertacd
12-16-2004, 06:50 PM
I popped into Victoria Secrets today thinking I would pick up a nice bra and panty set as a stocking stuffer for my wife. Now I usally buy my bras at one of the clearance stores like Ross or TJ Maxx so I am used to paying $12-15 for a high quality bra from Lane Bryant or Goddess. Boy was I supprised to see that a basic 36C underwire bra cost $40 at VS! Now I can understand that price for one of the lacy pretty bras but I wanted to get her a set that she could wear everyday, this was a very basic bra, no lace, it was not even silk!

Worst of all they did not even have a panty that matched the bra I wanted to get for her.

Needless to say I left in a huff:mad:

Georgette
12-16-2004, 06:53 PM
I think that you pay more for the name than the product. :rolleyes:

genevieve_ohara
12-16-2004, 06:55 PM
The one thing about VS is they make a very sturdy, stiff bra...

Helps with the cleavage. That's all I use.

Just my 2 cents

Love

G

Robertacd
12-16-2004, 09:35 PM
I dont know Genevieve, their stuff is not built all that well, certainly not compared to Lane Bryant or anything made by Goddess. I think its more of a paying for the name thing. Don't get me wrong they make nice stuff and I have bought it for my wife before, But I also do all the laundry and take very good care of all the underwear and VS stuff does not last any longer than any other bra of decent quality.

Wenda
12-16-2004, 10:22 PM
OMG!!! U "POOPED" into Victoria's secret!!!! GROSS!!! I haven't pooped in a store since I was a baby. wenda.

genevieve_ohara
12-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Roberta, I'll be glad to try Lane Bryant and Goddess. Thanks for the suggestions.

What I meant by sturdy is not really long-lasting, but rather, cardboard-like. That stiff fabric helps me achieve my cleavage...a loose, comfy bra would be nice, I'm sure, but it wouldn't allow me to get that big V cleavage I like so much.

As for washing them...I only dress for pictures, hardly ever to go out, so I don't need to wash them much. So, your knowledge base is far greater than mine in those areas.

I appreciate the ideas....are LB and Goddess found on the web? Or in particular stores?

Love

G

Tristen Cox
12-16-2004, 11:09 PM
OMG!!! U "POOPED" into Victoria's secret!!!! GROSS!!! I haven't pooped in a store since I was a baby. wenda.

ROTFLMAO!!

Tristen Cox
12-16-2004, 11:31 PM
EVEN WORSE :eek:

Sharon
12-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Ahem! :) Just to get back onto topic here -- most GG's don't buy their everyday lingerie from VS, just those things for special times. As has been stated, practical items are bought from the Walmarts of the world.
We (meaning us grrls) like to be "dressy" almost all of the time, so many of us look for the finer things.
There's no facts behind what I say, but it seems pretty logical to me.

Tamara Croft
12-16-2004, 11:53 PM
I don't know what walmart is.....is that like asda or something??? I personally buy my lingerie from either La Senza or Marks and Spencers. Tammy is taking me lingerie shopping next week, maybe we will get some matching sets :p

Tamara x

Sharon
12-16-2004, 11:54 PM
I don't know what Adsa is. Is it anything like..., no I'm not going to do it. :rolleyes:

Tamara Croft
12-16-2004, 11:58 PM
I don't know what Adsa is. Is it anything like..., no I'm not going to do it. :rolleyes:

Go on...do it....you know you want to :p

Asda is like a big supermarket that sells food, clothes and shoes etc....

Hmmm... well I just googled it.. and it came up with this:-

www.adsa.co.uk
'Features Britain's food and clothing superstore and subsidiary of Wal-Mart. Company news, employment'

Jiera
12-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Boy was I supprised to see that a basic 36C underwire bra cost $40 at VS! Now I can understand that price for one of the lacy pretty bras but I wanted to get her a set that she could wear everyday, this was a very basic bra, no lace, it was not even silk!

Three words: Clearance. Sale. Only.

Sharon
12-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Go on...do it....you know you want to :p

Asda is like a big supermarket that sells food, clothes and shoes etc....

Thank-you. Yes, they're pretty much the same. :)

Tristen Cox
12-17-2004, 12:03 AM
This is a recording - Your thread may have been hijacked - If this was an actual hijacked thread you should have been informed where in your thread to look for official information. Please log off and post to your thread again...

This is the emergency helpline all of our operators are busy please hold....

Sharon
12-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Who you calling old? :mad: :eek: :)

Jeez Tristen! Now it doesn't make sense! :)

Tristen Cox
12-17-2004, 12:48 AM
geesh I need you around to be my editor Sharon :o sowwy about that ;)

Sharon
12-17-2004, 12:51 AM
I charge triple figures Tristen. You ready for that? :)

Tristen Cox
12-17-2004, 01:04 AM
I charge triple figures Tristen. You ready for that? :)

Does it matter who's figures they are?:p

Robertacd
12-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Roberta, I'll be glad to try Lane Bryant and Goddess. Thanks for the suggestions.

What I meant by sturdy is not really long-lasting, but rather, cardboard-like. That stiff fabric helps me achieve my cleavage...a loose, comfy bra would be nice, I'm sure, but it wouldn't allow me to get that big V cleavage I like so much.

I appreciate the ideas....are LB and Goddess found on the web? Or in particular stores?

Love

G

Oh... I see waht you mean by sturdy, I would like to be able to do that but VS does not have my size anyway :mad:

Lane Bryant (http://www.lanebryant.com) can be found on the web or in most malls. Just stay far far away from the mail order catalog! But Lane Bryant is for big girls like me. If you can buy a bra for yourself at VS than you may not be able to find one at Lane Bryant I believe the smallest bra size they have is a 38B and clothes start at size 14/16.

Most of the Goddess line is heavy industrial stuff for women with cup sizes that are bigger than your head :eek: But they do have some smaller stuff too and a couple very wonderful lace underwires and classic long line styles. Look for them online at one of the many bra websites or higher end department store.

Sweet Susan
12-17-2004, 04:16 AM
Just going into VS is a pleasurable experience for me. I don't have to buy anything. Looking at all of that lingerie and imagining it on me is ecstasy. Sorry, it just a thrill to be thrilled. :p

CindyT
12-17-2004, 04:54 AM
Their clothes do have such a soft and warm feeling, but, I'm not gonna pay $40.00 for a bra and panty set when I can go to Wal-Mart and get them for $12.00!

I was just on their website and I too was dissapointed by the high prices!

Although, if you once order from their website, like a clearance item or something you get the catalog in the mail for months! I do like that!

Cindy

Sharon
12-17-2004, 06:46 AM
I love VS, but only buy clearance or sale items. Check their web site and you can find many good prices. I like to spoil myself, but my purse is frugel. :mad:

AnnaMaria
12-17-2004, 08:19 AM
I can't personally bring myself to pay 30 or 40 dollars for a pair of boyleg panties. That is the only realon that I don't but my things from VS. I think they have some very pretty stuff. And a lot of it looks like it would be very comfy but not for what they want for it.

I think that the prices have a lot to do with the fact that VS is becoming very popular with all the advertising that they have been doing lately. And all the media hype over the fashion shows and such that they have put on of late.

Of course if you think VS is bad in price you should look at some of the other companies that make that kind of thing. Le Perla for instance is just rediculious in price. I don't think that I have seen any of their stuff for less than $100 U.S. and that includes panties. As someone said before it all has to do with what the markes will bare and so far places like that have been getting by with it.

Maybe we should start writing letters to them in complaint and see if they will lower the prices a little. NNNNNOOOOOTTTTT :D

Oh well there is a price for beauty and I guess we will have to pay it to get what we want.

huggs
anna

Rachel Ann
12-17-2004, 08:26 AM
I can't personally bring myself to pay 30 or 40 dollars for a pair of boyleg panties. That is the only realon that I don't but my things from VS.
THIRTY BUCKS for PANTIES? They had better be magic panties. :D

Oh well there is a price for beauty and I guess we will have to pay it to get what we want.
I am willing to pay a price in pain but not to get ripped off for money. :p

MistyCD
12-17-2004, 08:28 AM
You're paying for all the advertising that VS is doing, and not to mention their catalogs!!! Their stuff is not that good, I've tried a bra and panty set from them and it was flimsly, made in indonesia and looked like it would fall apart if even washed.

Some of their shoes are good but it's best to wait until there is a sale going on.......

GraceUSA
12-17-2004, 11:58 AM
I personally like shopping there because of the staff. I usually wind up getting the basics and their PJ's. Quality is on par with that of a good department store but shopping there is much more comfortable for me and the staff have always been helpful.

Grace

Beach Chick
12-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi everybody!

I get ALL my lingerie at Victoria's Secret.

But I don't pay...I STEAL it!

Crooks are so hot.....

Love

Beach Chick

Rachel Ann
12-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Lane Bryant (http://www.lanebryant.com) can be found on the web or in most malls. . . But Lane Bryant is for big girls like me.
Thank you, Roberta, I had despaired of finding a 42B bra, and they have several :)