PDA

View Full Version : Simple Shopping tip

Lanore
08-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Today is shopping day. I found some sales on velour jump suites and tops. The first thing I do is buy myself a card. It could be a birthday or thinking of you card. I make sure it stays at the top of the shopping cart (visible). It's amazing how much help I get with this little card. Sometimes I take one of my tops or bras and ask the clerk for help in finding the right size. When I check out, I always put the card first. I've had women tell me, they wished their husbands of boyfriends would do that for them. They say, 'She must be special', at which I reply, 'Oh believe me she is'. This is going to be a fun outing.

Lanore:doll:

Jasmine Ellis
08-23-2006, 07:10 AM
that is a realy good idea for the ones who think that they can't go into a shop and buy clothes for themselfs. well done to you

lynn27
08-23-2006, 07:20 AM
if you are anything like me you must have one heck of a large collection of birthday cards...:p

Charleen
08-23-2006, 07:22 AM
I agree it's a good idea for those who have some fear. I still like the reaction I get from the SAs when buy my bras. Bra-$5.00, the nervousness of the SA-priceless! Love and xxxx, Lily

Becky Blue
08-23-2006, 09:56 AM
If you are buyimg makeup and feel uncomfortable about it, for some of the items you buy take the demonstrator instead of the actual item. I did this unintentionaly the first time I ever bought makeup. The sales girl says with some frustration on the third item sir, maybe you should ask your wife to buy her own makeup. I had managed to select 3 testers out of 7 items...lol

Sandra
08-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Why not just buy what you really want, most assistants aren't bothered what you are buying they just want your money

junetv
08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
That's a great tip. I've found that once I tell them the clothes are for me, they start offering me a dressing room and that takes the whole experience up to a new level. Don't fear as long as you plan to buy. Then they'll give you the best service and attention when you come back.

tammie
08-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone: I remember it distinctly, I was shopping for some things for my wife at the time. She a beautiful (then young) hard tall woman who was the love of my life. She was carrying my baby and was feeling fat and undesirable.
My thought was to buy her some things for comfort and to make her feel better about herself.

I had gone to a lingerie shop that was very upscale. The format was this; on Fridays at happy hour they served champagne and had hot young models to wear whatever U might be intersted in seeing. This is basically like a titty bar with no cost perse. I ended up buying my X a cute black one peice swimsuit for our cruise, a chemise and panty set, and a great pair of mules that fit me. Now before I go further, the test was this if they fit me they would fit her.

Then I was looking at bras and the lady who owned the shop came over and said may I help U? I said I want to find a cute bra... and before I could finish she said."what size do U wear?" I was amazed, I had had several glasses of champagne so I started to say "for my wife", but instead said "I am not sure". So without any hesitation she whiped out her tape and measured around my chest just under my nipples and told me "a 38B I think". I found I enjoyed her knowing that I was going to wear a bra. This was before my X had figured out that I was a CD and had me wearing her bras and panties all the time I was at home.

After that I was more and more at ease shopping for lingerie either for me or someone else. I only have had one bad experience, and what was yrs ago at J C Pennys.

Wendy me
08-23-2006, 11:51 AM
i say what ever gets you in the stores is all good .....at one time shopping was veary stressfull for me and i so hated the thought of going any were neer the stores .... now i love shopping it's the most relaxing and stress free thing i do ...

.shopping tip here...... when you get over the hang ups you think outhers in the stores have abought a guy buying fem things ... and come to relize it's you that have the hang ups ... because no one realy cares if your shopping for anything from nuts and bolts to hard wear and stockings and heels or that too die for cute top and skirt.... just get out and shop.... what ever gets you throught the malls is all good.........

Shelly Preston
08-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Wendy it right no one really cares

In Drab
I bought a suit last week Wal mart the sales lady dod not bat an eyelid
(I did not try it on )

I also stood waiting for a free checkout at another store with a pair of heels in my hand nobody gave me any funny looks and there were around a dozens people waiting as it was a busy time

I got over the nervousness a long time ago

Truffle1960
08-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Great idea must try it one day:love:

angelfire
08-23-2006, 02:38 PM
My first time buying I did that. Makes it appear as though its a gift without even having to open your mouth.

Jodi
08-23-2006, 08:53 PM
The best shopping tip is to be friendly, courteous and honest with the SA. THis will get you first class service 99% of the time. I fear to say always as there will be one time that might not go well.

In my case, I always smile and give a positive projection. SA's like this. They deal with so many miserable people. They enjoy a customer that is nice to them, especially one that is going to buy.

Jodi

angelfire
08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Even working in retail, not in sales though, with no commission I still have to help customers. I have no problem helping customers who are happy, friendly, and nice.

The ones who aren't though, I still try my best to be pleasant. But sometimes (Especially where I work) we are out of stock. If they stay positive after I tell them, I am happy. If I get yelled at, not so happy.