PDA

View Full Version : going out to shop

isabelle2
08-23-2006, 07:34 AM
I have got all pretty up and put on my best to go shopping four times. I got in the car drove to shopping center but only got out of the car once. I am so worried something will go wrong. my question is what is worst that has gone wrong and how did you handle it?

Jasmine Ellis
08-23-2006, 07:50 AM
The frist time I went out it was raining. That is, I would say is the best time to go out dressed for the frist time. Why? Cos, walking in town, with the unbrella up with people walking past you, the unbrella will shild your face. Then, the more you walk about your confidence will get better.

Or go some where you know you will not be seen. And have fun.

Charleen
08-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Unfortunately, or fortunately actually, I have no advice for you as I have not had a problem so far. As i've mentioned before, and on a thread I started yesterday, I dress all femme, but don't even worry about trying to pass and no hassles so far. Looks, puzzled and otherwise, but that's it. Also 6'1" so that might be keeping comments down from any guy. If you can't tell by now, I really don't care at this point in my life. Let them think what they want. Besides, I like to keep 'em guessing, and maybe give them something other to talk about over dinner beside the trouble that Junior got into that day! Love and xxxx. Lily

Phoebe Reece
08-23-2006, 09:17 AM
The worst that has happened to me is that I didn't find what I was looking for where I was shopping. I handled it by going to shop somewhere else.

Sue Too
08-23-2006, 09:55 AM
A couple of comments--------

First, don't get too pretty. Remember, the idea is to blend in with the rest of the shoppers. You don't really want to attract undue attention. And, for the mostpart, todays females don't dress very well.

Second, try going to the mall early. My first trip out I went to just get the feel of the mall. I did nothing but window shop. The foot traffic was light. For the most part it was seniors out for their morning walk before the stores open.

Another trick is when someone is coming toward you, turn and face the window like your looking at something. As people pass behind you it is possible to see their reflections and see if they are giving you undue attention.

The important thing is to gain confidence------and this only comes with experience. Good Luck

Susan Will