PDA

View Full Version : Coming out

Samantha Lough
08-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi all, well this last weekend was one of self discovery and coming out. Ok a little history I have been seeing a counselor for about 3 months and it has put a strain on my finances, which if any one has ever seen one they are expensive. Well that is where my story starts my mother, who is an accountant, takes care of my money. I know the first thing people think is I am a mommas boy but no that is not the case I have 2 different businesses I run and also work full time so keeping things straight can be a issue and why should I pay to have this done when I have free resources. But on word and down word we have been fighting over this now for 3 weeks and I would not tell her what the 200 a week was for. Well finally after a major fight I told her that I was seeing a counselor and it was none of her business as to why. The next thing I know she tells me it is because I am transsexual!!!!! I guess what they say is true those closest to you always know, I thought I have been hiding it well enough for years, I am not transsexual but transgender that is just semantics, any who’s my mouth dropped and I stared at her all the denials coming to mind but I was at a loss, I asked her how she had to come to this knowledge I have not lived in her house for years. Her answer was even more stunning when I was child she thought I had issues and she had test done to me and well it was confirmed I had more female hormones then male, and she always wondered if it was going to come out and cause me any problems, anger and dismay fought with in me to accuse her of all kinds of things from hiding this from me and everything else but standing there tears running down my face I realized that she never told me because she was protecting me, from what I do not know but !!!!!! So we talked for hours about my issues and well I have found out that it might be genetic 1 of my uncles I never met killed his self because of!!!! Talk about be hit by a ton of bricks !!!

I know this sounds like a book……. I wish is was that way I could of skipped ahead and read what was going to happen next, but I am still in shock and just amazed at what has been happening in the last month I am just waiting now for some to jump up and say “ YOUR ON CANDID CAMERA” and this has all been a joke

Charleen
08-23-2006, 08:47 AM
"I wish I could skip ahead and read what's next". Freedom to discover yourself. Freedom to come to terms with who and what you are. Freedom to become a better person when you allow yourself to become whole instead of fragmented. Freedom to like yourself. Freedom, Samantha, freedom, and all of us, your sisters, are hereto help, laugh with, and lend a soft shoulder to cry on. Love and xxxx, Lily

Robin Leigh
08-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Wow, Samantha your story has brought tears of joy for you to my eyes. I bet your world will feel a bit topsy-turvy for a little while. :hugs:

Your mother was trying to protecting you from being brutalized by aggressive male energy. Times have changed (a bit), & things are still not easy for us, so you can't blame her for the way she chose to deal with her knowledge of your extra feminine side.

So, it seems you're (hormonally speaking) a little bit intersex. Lucky thing! Actually, I suspect a lot of us here have some degree of hormone or brain femininization. It would make a lot of sense. However, I certainly don't need any biological reason or excuse to do what I do. :devil:

In some traditional cultures intersexed people were treated as magical or divine messengers, transcendant to the normal male-female duality. Imagine living in a culture where intersexed people were worshiped! Now that's the kind of respect we all deserve. :D

Robin

avawho
08-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Samantha, you have had one of those life altering days of which you need to reflect upon and to fully embrace each and all the new opportunities which have now been made for you. While these types of experiences are always tough to live through, you will look back upon it and remember it as a watershed event. Try to keep the flow of positive thoughts which have flowed and emulate from your most wonderful message... My heart goes out to you:hugs: You have the rest of your life before you:love:

Cheers
Ava

Melissa Jill
08-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Cross dressing is genetic?