PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a better woman?

Lanore
08-23-2006, 07:00 PM
I've often wandered who appreciates being a woman the most. Someone born female or someone who was born a male but for some reason has a female side. A natural woman is female all of the time, whereas a male only gets to enjoy the feeling on special occasions. Some women I know look like it's a chore to put on bras, make-up and the daily woman things. I know when I'm feeling the best is when I get to enjoy the female side. It might only be all day or for a short while, but it's the best short while. I don't believe I'm alone on this. Are there others who feel this way?

Lanore

Shellie
08-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Maybe, I hadn’t given it a lot of thought. I do know that when I see all of the varieties that women get to choose from all of the time I am envious. They have a wide assortment of styles and materials that men do not get. Then there are the shoes. I have this fantasy that if I had been born a GG I would not ever wear jeans and a t-shirt out in public. I would always be dressed in a dress or skirt and heels. I think it might be a case of the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Charleen
08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
On the other hand, I don't make a very good male today. I've seen GGs who are alot more masculine than me! Everyone's different. Love and xxxx, Lily

Joanna0909a
08-23-2006, 07:54 PM
I hate to admit it but I am afraid it is part of the "Grass is greener" thing. If we could dress everyday in skirts and heels, I think it would lose much of its appeal. Much like the person who can not wait to move to the coast only to find that a year later they have not been to the beach for six months. (Thus our latest decision to NOT build a retirement home at the lake...). Anyway, I too have seen women that absolulty do not care how big or sloppy they look (not that there are not some guys that do that) but the feminine side of me says they could do a little better. (However I tend to use this as a rationalization - that is, as a cross dresser, even I look better than that!)

So to summarize this rambling post, I am like Lanore and the time I am dressed, I really truly enjoy the opportunity to let my female side out, but I am sure there are many women that truly enjoy the times they get to get all dolled up. Who appreciates this more? That is something only each of us can hope to answer within our selves.

Hugs,
Joanna

JD Jade Dream GG
08-23-2006, 08:38 PM
CD's definitely appreciate it more.
Nylons and heels are a nuisance. Especially on a daily basis.
I can appreciate the special occasion but it can be a 'chore'.
"A short while" as you said Lanore is enough for me.
It is a lot of work to dress up right! Right?
Y'all just dont mind the time involved on occasion.
Some women are very high maintenance like that.
All the time & $ spent on hair, nails and shopping...ugg!
Job, husband and kids will change the priotities of 99% of GG's.
After all....we hooked you already, ONE of the main reasons
WE dressed in the first place. Unlike your reasons.

The CD I know is rarely excessive.
He also doesn't have the benefit of freedom and time.
CD's seem very surfeit in this indulgence.
But I bet most of you are unable to dress to the hilt daily.
And if you are able and expected to, you might see it as a chore too.
You might want to throw on a pair of shorts, sweats, or PJ's
at the end of a long day!
Jeans and t-shirts are the perfect outfit.
Sexy matching bra/panties underneath though.
Cotton is more practical for panties than other material for us!
So even sexy skivies become less of a priority and can be sacrificed
for practicality.

There...that is my .02 worth. My opinion!
YOU definitely appreciate more than 99% of us!

Phoebe Reece
08-23-2006, 08:47 PM
I think crossdressers tend to set a higher standard for feminine dress than the average GG. There are of course exceptions. I do know that when I am dressed and out shopping in a mall, I am dressed better than 90 % of the other women I see there. I don't think that necessarily means we crossdressers really appreciate what it is to be a woman more, but it may show that we pay closer attention to certain aspects of femininity.

Dee 1062
08-23-2006, 08:54 PM
I think for the GG the problem is with the male....have you ever done this, for those who have a wife or girlfriend.
Are you going to spend all day in the bathroom?
You doing your hair again..!
why are you redoing your nails? you just went to the nail shop...
Anyway get the ideal....maybe Cd's does make better husbands, boyfriends and so on..:) So I belive women feel good about being a woman if they don't have a pain in the butt man. Same for me, It takes time for perfection:)

GG Vanya
08-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Yanno how you felt this morning when the alarm went off, and off you went to the shower...then :sad: shave?? Then into that business suit, with the tie that chokes you all day long?

THAT is how GG's feel when we have to get up, shower, do the hair, the makeup, the dress and hose that are hot and seem to draw tighter around the waist or thighs as the day drags on.

'Tis all a matter of perspective. Visit the F2M section, and you'll see just the reverse in action there. F2M's love male attire (suits, etc.) just as much as M2F's love dresses, skirts, hose and heels. Which is not to say that *all* GG's are latent F2M's of course.

P.S. In my opinion the title of this thread is not relevant. Clothes don't make the man, nor do they make the woman. <smile>

Lanore
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM
I agree that it's all on the inside. What I put on just enhances the feeling. If for some reason I woke up female, I would still be the one I am know.

Jennaie
08-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Might serve you well to get a glance of a TS ten years after her transition. Her attire is probably blue jeans and a t-shirt, very little makeup, shorter hair... pretty much the same as your average GG.

Wouldn't suprise me to find out she's wearing boxer shorts to bed. :lol:

JenniferMint
08-23-2006, 10:49 PM
I have a GG friend who wears a sports bra that makes her B-cup breasts look like AA, jeans, tank top, and has short hair.

But despite dressing so boyishly, I find her to be very cute (her face is unmistakably female, and her voice is cute even for a girl).

I envy her---if I tried to dress like her, I'd just look like a guy.

Sue Too
08-24-2006, 10:12 AM
I heard this quote many years ago and I have never forgotten it. I've never found the origin but I think it could have been Mae West.

IT TAKES A MAN TO BE THE WOMAN THAT A MAN WANTS A WOMAN TO BE!

bi bi

Susan

Shelly Preston
08-24-2006, 10:23 AM
A man can never be a better woman

Crossdressers only have the good bits to cope with in most cases
yes there are a few exceptions
CD's tend to appreciate it more because they are not living the dream on a daily basis.
If the majority had to live full time the appreciation would soon wear off

KellyT
08-24-2006, 10:33 AM
I have a GG friend who wears a sports bra that makes her B-cup breasts look like AA, jeans, tank top, and has short hair.

But despite dressing so boyishly, I find her to be very cute (her face is unmistakably female, and her voice is cute even for a girl).

I envy her---if I tried to dress like her, I'd just look like a guy.

I know several girls like this, and I too get envious (in a good way, if that is possible) as I will never have that much feminity. As stated in other posts it's in what we do and how we act, rather than what we wear. I would do well to remember that myself sometimes too.

Ashleigh Beth
08-24-2006, 10:34 AM
I have to agree with Jade.... I believe we enjoy being a girl more than GGs do... in general. The last time I got to dress fully for an extended period, by the fifth day, jeans and a t-shirt or cute top really felt good to pull on over my cute, sexy matching bra and panties (still gotta have those underneath!). Putting on all the makeup, hose, etc. did get to be a bit of a chore. But after a couple of days of not being able to dress at all, I sure was ready to do it all again!!

Bev06 GG
08-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi Lanore,
I suppose we do take alot for granted but I'd say on the whole I really enjoy all the effort that goes into looking good. Even if Ive got to wear my uniform for work, I still make a big effort with the makeup, hair and jewellery. To be honest the older Ive got, the more effort its required. But joking apart I adore shopping for makeup, clothes, jewellery, shoes, handbags, perfume, and smellies for my bath, and I take every opportunity to go out and flaunt my newest outfit. Vain little minx aren't I.
I spend a heck of alot of money on my hair, I have manicures, facials, waxing etc etc. I figure I earn abit of pampering now and again because I work very hard the rest of the time.
I can readily understand where a CD is coming from when they say that we have the real deal because I think if I were male, I'd definitely be a CD. Womens clothes and accesssories are just wonderful and can make you feel really good. They not only transform your look they totally transform your very being, and can turn a rather ordinary day into something abit more special. Having a CD in the family helps too because I have noticed that I take even more care over my appearance and hate it when he's all dolled up to go the support group and Ive had to rush home from work and just sling anyold thing on for quickness. Thats happening less and less now because I tend to be more organised. How could I possibly be outdone. Tee hee. Only joking Im not really that jealous.
I think tho probably CDs appreciate the time that they spend enfemme more because they dont get as many opportunities as we do, so every moment is totally savoured.
Take care
BEVxxxxx

Marla S
08-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Besides the "grass-is greener-on-the-other-side-thing" and the restrictions because of the day to day bussiness, I'd say there is a broad range of ways to express feminity and masculinity for both genders, as there is a broad range of fashion sense and sense for etiquette.

As there is some overlap (an overlap the society doesn't want to see) between the genders one might indeed say "this man is a better woman or this woman is a better man". But you one should only judge by the individual and not use it as a generalization.

There are good styled GGs and there are good styled CDs, but there are also evil styled GGs and there are evil styled CDs.

Melissa A.
08-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Besides the "grass-is greener-on-the-other-side-thing" and the restrictions because of the day to day buisness, I'd say there is a broad range of ways to express feminity and masculinity for both genders, as there is a broad range of fashion sense and sense for etiquette.

As there is some overlap (an overlap the society doesn't want to see) between the genders one might indeed say "this man is a better woman or this woman is a better man". But you one should only judge by the individual and not use it as a generalization.

There are good styled GGs and there are good styled CDs, but there are also evil styled GGs and there are evil styled CDs.

Exactly. There are girly girls who obviously appreciate and enjoy femininity just as there are manly men who love that role(can't get my head around that one!!) and everything in between. As far as us cds, well OF COURSE the grass is greener! We wouldn't be here if it weren't!

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

celeste26
08-24-2006, 02:01 PM
What a CD feels when they "feel like a woman" is not the same thing that a GG feels when they feel the "same" thing. Never the twain shall meet since we CD's never grew up to be girls but put some semblence into being guys first.

OK so CD's have some idea what it is like, and far more than the typical guy for sure, but not the same as a GG ever, sorry no way. Do not confuse the two.

kathy gg
08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Gee I don't know...no one probbaly likes having her pic taken more than me.:eek:

I do love being female and although probably take it for granted to some extent, being involved in the community has made me appreaciate it more than ever. I do like being "girly" and like all sorts of pampering and spa things and relaxation that alot of men don't take advantage of. I do like to spend time on my make up and my hair. I can be obsessive when it comes to things like that and at this point in my life I would end up very flustrated if I let the challenges of still being girly get to me. Right now I am a stay at home mom and the reality of my world is that I dont' get to let my days rountine be all about 'me'. It used to be though and I used to spend almost an hour every morning just styling my hair! But right now the cycle my life is in...being a good mom to my child and giving her lots of attention takes priority over being into 'me'.

I do know that once the time comes and she can be more capable of helping herself it would be nice to return to a little more 'me' time. But for now, this is the way life is for many women. Anyway, I would much rather see a plain woman being an AMAZING mom to her kid, rather than a highly made-up one with perfect hair and clothing and a child ignored.

Melanie R
08-24-2006, 02:09 PM
In the movie Tootsie Dustin Hoffman said, "being a woman has made me a better man". I would say for myself being a woman makes me a better man as well as being a woman has made me a better man. I strive for a balance between my femininity and masculinity. Those who do not strive for this balance have problems.

Hugs,

Melanie

ChristineRenee
08-24-2006, 02:13 PM
A man can never be a better woman

Crossdressers only have the good bits to cope with in most cases
yes there are a few exceptions
CD's tend to appreciate it more because they are not living the dream on a daily basis.
If the majority had to live full time the appreciation would soon wear offI totally agree with this. Tell me how much you'd all enjoy going through all the rituals of dressing to the nines, full makeup, etc. maybe having to go to work early in the am, and all the while having that special little visit from your "monthly visitor"?

You have the best of both worlds "ladies"...and enjoy it to the fullest too, because you have no concept of what it is like to be a REAL woman on a day to day basis. If you did...you would NEVER say that you make a better woman than a GG!:rolleyes:

And that's MY :2c: worth on this topic.

mecloset
08-24-2006, 04:05 PM
I think femininity is what you do, not how you look.

For me, clothes are a portal, not the destination.

While I do like this post a lot and it says a lot I have to say that the area in which I live, and who knows maybe it is just my perception, seems to not like the idea of CD. If it were as simple as what you do maybe I would not have so many fears about going out in public. Or who knows maybe it is because I know that right now I am not the most passable and I question my looks more judgementally. Who knows what goes on inside a womans brain.

Mistress_Thorny
08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
As a GG I have an adversion with the heading of this thread though do understand the post.

rosie and I have had this conversation many times. I hate wearing dresses and makeup and he is hard pressed to get me in a pair of heels much less stockings.

He loves it and I am most comfortable in my jeans and tshirt. But then I think the forbidden aspect of it as well is a huge draw.

Why we both act this way I don't know. But I for one have never been a prissy type woman.

I wish all well

MT

tekla west
08-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I too find the title to be poor. Aside from that, there is no one way, so no best way. This is humanity, not engineering, I know girly-girls and harley riding c-wrench using blue-jeans wearing girls. Both kinds are good women. Just different. And I never think of myself as a woman, I find part of this to be an expression of my femininity. Being feminine does not make you a woman.

alysonatl
08-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Talking to GG gfs had led me to believe it's definitely a case off the grass being greeher. As much as I adore the rtuals of putting on makeup and getting a cute outfit together, I'm sure I would dislike it if it was a daily chore. As much as I love wearing stockings, most GGs I know can't wait to get them off and are glad that the fashion trend is moving away from hose to bare legs.
I don't think that I'd take the trouble I do to look the most feminine I can if it was expected of me to do so.

carmie
08-25-2006, 01:48 PM
yes when i put on the clothes i feel different on the inside as if there is anouther person in me waiting to get out but can only do so when i put on a dress or skirt and top not forgetting the make up