PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Inadequate

kayla_cd_va
08-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Hello Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone else in our group has ever experienced this. When I look at the pictures of crossdressers in this group most of them look so fem. They almost all look passable. I want to be fem really, really badly but I don't feel I measure up to most other crossdressers. I'm afraid that when I go to crossdressing events I'll look terrible compared to them and I so want men to find me pretty, sexy and desirable. Anyone here ever had this experience?

kisses

Kayla

brittanny
08-23-2006, 07:10 PM
hey I have seen everything from no where near passable to I cant belive thats not a gg so I am sure you fit someplace in the middle and if it makes you happy to dress thats all that matters and we are all harder on our own apperance than anyone else will be

bobinguilford
08-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I am a lot older than you (I think) but would love to try it. On a cruise ship after dark. Just walking the deck would be great (at 3 inthe morning) I have a few things going for me only weigh 135lbs,no heavy hair and not very tall 5'9". On the other side however I have very deep voice and do not Know anything about makeup. My wife will not be going so I get to play. I am pretty good at doing things on short notice so I will shoot for end of Oct. Wish me luck!!

Charleen
08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
We is who we is. Look like we look. Maybe this wishful thinking on my part, but I think 136 years ago in my youth, I could have defineatly passed with flying colors. Now? With a little extra work, at a bingo parlor. I mean, look at my avatar. When I go out, I'm enfemme. Jeans, button up blouse, nails long and clear polished, earrings, all subtle. Sometimes I am taken for a woman, sometimes not. Point is, I'm not trying to pass. If I do, I love it.If not, that's O.K. too. Gotta say that I also enjoy when people get confused and don't know how to address me! When I stopped worrying about being me in public, what a relief! I'm accepted for who I am, even if they can't figure me out!!! Am I an old broad, an effeminite guy, some don't know, and I don't care! Be yourself. Confidence doesn't come over night. The more I go and do, the more comfortable I feel. Just yesterday, I got some pink lip gloss, put in on and felt even more comfortable as I went about. Got my hair dyed today back to the color it was 10 years ago and feel and look great. I'm too old too care to much anymore. We're only here for so long. Learned that when my wife died in October at the age of 53. We only are around so long, so the hell with it- I'm Lily and that's that! I'm going to enjoy! Sorry I got long winded. Love and xxxx, Lily

dazzed
08-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I wish I was in florida so you could be my friend.Best attitude I have heard in years.I agree 100%.

Charleen
08-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Dazzed, I AM your friend. Maybe not close enough to give you a hug, but a friend non the less. Love and xxxx, Lily

Joyce1702
08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, I do feel inadequate in comparison to some of the beauties who post here. What gets my goat is some of these girls say they can't go out because they don't look good enough and I'd kill to look as good as they do.

There was a time in my life when I was quite discouraged with dressing because I thought I'd never get out and I was only getting older and fatter.

But now, primarily because of the people I've met online, I do go out and I have yet to have any problem. I'm over 50, am 5'11" and weigh almost 280. But I still see plenty of real women who don't look as good as me. At least I make the effort to look as good as I can when I go out. Some women don't take any pride in their appearance at all.

Real women come in all shapes and sizes. I say don't frustrate yourself by comparing yourself to others. Just be the best woman you can be and get out there and enjoy life. It's way too short.

Joyce

YAY!!! 100 Posts, do I get a pin or anything? :)

Jodi
08-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Hello Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone else in our group has ever experienced this. When I look at the pictures of crossdressers in this group most of them look so fem. They almost all look passable. I want to be fem really, really badly but I don't feel I measure up to most other crossdressers. I'm afraid that when I go to crossdressing events I'll look terrible compared to them and I so want men to find me pretty, sexy and desirable. Anyone here ever had this experience?

kisses

Kayla

Kayla, Would you believe that gg's do that kind of comparison all the time. I've seen gg's, that I thought were very attractive, sit and just trash themselves. Nothing seems to be right for them.

It is a matter of self confidence. If you are self confident as your male self, have that carry through to your femme side.

Jodi

AmandaM
08-23-2006, 08:05 PM
I was one of those, 20 years ago. Then I got man disease. A little weight, a little gray. Thank God I still have my hair. I'm gonna do everything possible to get back there. Geez! I wear 1x now! It kills me....I REFUSE TO STAY WHERE I AM, I want to shop easily. And this weight isn't helping.

Make positive steps....:)

avawho
08-23-2006, 11:13 PM
We all can't be fashion plates or look like movie stars (genes are so cruel) so just enjoy what you got and make the most of it. I know that I was way more passable in my late teens and early twenties so at least I've got my memories (if not much else).
You will come to find that there is a wide spectum on Gurls on this site, not ALL are drop dead beautiful, but just dwell on the fact that every one of us can be 110% beauty quuens in our mind and thoughts:love:

Cheers
Ava

CDsWifey GG
08-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Hello Ladies,

kisses

KaylaThat in itself is a big part of being a woman, facing the fact that you will never be Britney Spears or Jessica Alba or even that cute chick next door... and still finding a way to be happy with who and what you are, finding a way to feel sexy even tho you aren't the size/height/shape you wish you were. And as for being sexy and desirable, if you can find the confidence in who you are, there is nothing sexier than that, someone who knows what they are and what they aren't and find themselves to be a valuable human being with something special to offer.:D

Bev06 GG
08-24-2006, 01:33 AM
Hi Kayla,
I haven't got time to read the whole of this thread so excuse me if someone has already answered you with the same comments. Feeling inadequate is a human condition and not peculiar to CDs. When I go out with the girls I too sometimes feel abit in their shadow. It only takes a bad hair day, or the wrong time of the month to make a GG feel less than attractive, so dont worry about it your in good company.
Take care
BEVxxxx

sparks
08-24-2006, 01:36 AM
God do I have to show my Ugly Chick avatar again! Look There is no way in hell I'm going to pass. Does it really matter. Not really not at all. You need to be you and right now I'm the last one to be saying this cause I'm not dressing but before i came to this decision I had to accept who I am. Does it include a fella who likes to wear a bra. Does it include a guy who feels simply more sexy looking feminine. Does it include a man who wants to paint his nails. Yes on all accounts and so and so.
Sure when I dress I would want to pass but I DON'T. And maybe to some it does make a difference. For instance my wife thinks I would look "Silly" but you know what when I dress and look in the mirror I don't see a skinny guy in lingerie or a dress I see an aspect of me.
Just learn to be you and be happy with ya got.