PDA

View Full Version : Does crossdressing make you happy?

sandra-leigh
08-24-2006, 03:51 PM
This past weekend, I caught part of the CBC (Canadian public radio) science show "Quirks and Quarks". The section was about "What makes us happy?".

The part that I came in at was discussing evolutionary biochemistry, and said approximately

Filling your wants does not make you happy. You want things just because you want them; there isn't a reason for most wants: they just are. Your urge to fill a want will build up and build up until it is finally filled, which will temporarily satisify you, but will not really make you happy. Instead, the satisfication will fade away and a new want will come to the forefront and you will get the urge to fill that. Our brains are essentially wired for unhappiness when it comes to filling desires.

This naturally reminded me of my own experiences, and those reported by a number of others here, that the urge to cross-dress builds up and becomes more urgent until it is indulged... after which it builds up again. I know from my experience that I habituated to wearing panties fairly quickly: I am not as comfortable now if I do not wear panties in my daily life, but it isn't something that I think about a great deal: wearing panties doesn't really make me happy, but I still need my dose of neopantinol for life to run smoothly.

The show went on to indicate that only a few things really make us happy over the long run. One of the biggest of those was community -- a feeling of belonging to a group.

Thinking afterward, I wondered: for how many of us is it not really the dressing up itself that makes us happy, but rather the socialization, whether information or at societies and clubs, or in electronic meeting places like this one? Does participating in this forum make you feel happier than the dressing itself does -- the dressing being something you need but not something that makes you happy?

avawho
08-24-2006, 03:59 PM
I think for me:heehee: it all hinges on meeting Ava's wants, needs, wishes, and desires as the guy in my life gets way too much attention:rolleyes: sooo... for me cross dressing is very satisfying as it meets her needs nicely

Cheers
Ava

julie w
08-24-2006, 04:34 PM
I went through so many years miserable years of not being able to dress
now I can just about any time I want and happy ,

Melissa Jill
08-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I never really thought about it before but that seems to be bang on. I want to become dressed up, but when I am it doesnt quite feel right like theres something I am missing.

Marla S
08-24-2006, 04:50 PM
I think I can say that I am happy right now with my CDing.

But t is not the crossdressing itself that makes me happy, it is the freedom I got and the freedom I eke out myself to dress as I think it is appropriate for me.
It makes me happy if I see progress in developing my style, it makes me happy if I see me in the mirror and like it, it makes me happy if have pushed the artificial borders a bit more, it makes me happy if I get a compliment, it makes me happy that I don't have to sneek around the fem-clothes-racks anymore, but just buy something if I like it etc. etc.

What makes me happy the most is that I more and more often just forgett that I am "crossdressing".

CarmenG
08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
wants vs desires..... i feel the need, noooooo, i have the desire, ah yes, that's it the desire to dress. without the desire, i don't have the want to. and even if i did socialize with others of my type, after awhile either they are me would get bored with each other and form our own little group and then we become just like every other human being that walks the face of this earth.... i am HAPPY just to be alone and dressed. don't want to flash the world, meet someone elses expectations of what i should be or to what degree i should be crossdressing..... i travel through life's journey at my own pace and i enjoy the ride.....:2c:

tekla west
08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Let me just quote Ben Franklin who said: The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."

SherriePall
08-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Dressing makes me content. If that is happiness, then crossdressing makes me happy.

Julie Avery
08-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I too am content when I crossdress, and when I don't crossdress, I'm stifling myself.

Does Crossdressing make me happy? I think not. Does priggishness make prigs happy? Probably not. I reckon it's a tie.

Sue Too
08-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I have to agree with Julie and Sherri. Never in my life have I felt so "at peace" as I do when I am in feminine mode. It just feels right. I think it stems from the fact that feminine is really my natural mode and my male mode and is really something designed by society to accommodate my birth defects.

Who really knows,

Susan

KarenSusan
08-24-2006, 06:15 PM
I totally agree with Susan. It just feels right. And that makes me happy.

vbcdgrl
08-24-2006, 06:55 PM
For me, the crossdressing and getting in touch with my "feminine side" is maybe a third of what makes me happy. The other two thirds is my guy side. Lots of activities over there that I get pleasure from. It's really hard to quantify, but it's fun looking at the world from both sides.

Vikki

Melissa A.
08-24-2006, 07:05 PM
The second half of your message has a point, but not the first part, for me. Dressing does bring me pleasure, even solitary dressing. It just feels right. The part that stinks is when I have to wrap it up for the day. But what you said about socialization makes alot of sense. I am never happier as Melissa than when i am out having fun, and meeting people. And when I am on here, which is another form of socialization, I feel like my girl self, even when not dressed.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Andrea_cd
08-24-2006, 08:17 PM
For me dressing is a relaxation thing , feeling the bra straps and the gentle bounce of my breasts in the cups and the panties snug against my skin its not sexual , peaceful would be the word , so yes i am happy when i dress

Layla
08-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I Am Only Happpy When I Am En Femme, When I Am In Drab, I Just Exist Not Really Feeling Like I Am Alive. When I Am Not En Femme, I Constantly Think Of How Great It Felt To Be In My Feminine Mode And How I Can't Wait To Get Back Into That Femme Mode Again. To Say That I Have A Femme Side Is Wrong. I Think That I Am Primarily Femme And That I Have A Masculine Side.... If Any Of That Makes Sense... I Love Being Layla....

Karren H
08-24-2006, 09:03 PM
If I wasn't happy I wouldnt smile so much and wouldn't be doing this....

Love Karren

Dee 1062
08-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Dressing makes me content. If that is happiness, then crossdressing makes me happy.
Yes what she said:)

Lanore
08-24-2006, 09:17 PM
What makes me happy? The feeling I have knowing, my male and female are in wanderfull harmony. Which one would I prefer? Lanore of coarse. She rules.
Lanore

dazzed
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
I gave up trying to figure stuff like this out .Im wearing panties I feel better than when Im not.Dont know why dont care.

Charleen
08-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Things will not make you happy. The want for better and more will also be there. Being content with what you have, who you are, and of course helping others, will bring about "happiness". However, happiness is fleeting, and we only are allowed glimpses as we go through life. I am content to have what I have, be who I am, and help when I can. I have always CDed because I had to, not because I wanted to. Today I CD because that is who I am, not what, but who. Being able to be today brings peace, not happiness. I am happy my son has a girlfriend. I am glad he moved out, as that brought peace into my life. Happy is fleeting, contentment stays if you work at it, and do not let your wants get in the way, as that brings stress. My wants always get me in trouble. When I get angry, it is because someone or something is behaving or doing as I want pure and simple. Sorry I got so heavy, but I feel strongly about this. Personally, I think this happiness is over rated give me comfortable in my own skin, and the ability to be content with what I have today and I'm fine. Love and xxxx, Lily

ArleneRaquel
08-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Lilygirl is right, but I do feel so much better as Katrina, it is like night and day.:love:

Stephenie S
08-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Does CDing make my happy?

No.

What makes me happy, what strums this song in my heart, is the knowledge that I am finally free from the hiding and sneaking and fear of discovery that I carried every where and all the time for as long as I can remember.

That, dear friends, is what makes ME happy.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Michelle8
08-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I can't wait to get home from work so I can get dressed up.
It Just feels so right.When I can't I am Disappointed.

Kate Simmons
08-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Last time I looked, it made me happy, Hon. Ericka Kay

Angie G
08-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Lets see my wife leting me dress makes me happy this community make me happy and dressing makes me happy so ya i'm happy :hugs:
Angie G.

ranma 1/2
08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Dressing up makes me feel happy all over.

Since I am a closet dresser, that sense of community that I have been missing. Ive been able to speak openly about my feeling and remember long forgotten memories.

Im very grateful to be apart of this forum.

ellieparsons
08-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I can't say the crossdressing is the only thing that makes me happy, crossdressing makes me happy but its the feminine feeling that make me happy, there are other things that meake me happy other than dressing, mostly guy things like someone else said.

Rachel Morley
08-25-2006, 09:59 PM
The show went on to indicate that only a few things really make us happy over the long run. One of the biggest of those was community -- a feeling of belonging to a group.

Thinking afterward, I wondered: for how many of us is it not really the dressing up itself that makes us happy, but rather the socialization, whether information or at societies and clubs, or in electronic meeting places like this one? Does participating in this forum make you feel happier than the dressing itself does -- the dressing being something you need but not something that makes you happy?

Don't take this the wrong way but..are you kidding me? "participating in this forum makes you feel happier than the dressing itself" ...not for me I'm afraid. As much as I love this forum and all of the wonderful girls here, it all comes a poor second to my dressing and and my wife. I do understand what you mean about it building up and needing release but I don't need to share it anyone to make me be happy, although obviously it would be preferable to be able to share it with a loved one like our wives and also (for me) have it be incorporated into a loving relationship as part of our everyday life. :happy:

So, for me, my dressing is much more an integral part of me that I need for myself rather than needing to share it with someone else to make me happy....sorry :o Although it goes without saying that sharing it with my wife as a "community of two" is the best of all worlds.

Joy Carter
08-26-2006, 02:43 AM
This gurl has made the man happy I do know that. Now if I could get my SO to understand that the gurl has always been there guiding him I'd definitely be happy.:hugs:

Tia
08-26-2006, 04:25 AM
I feel crossdressing as a two bladed sword.

On the other hand I love the feeling when I can get dressed (still in closet, so not too often). When I get dressed, I feel like I'm released from my normal life and have only one challenge: look pretty. An addition for that is that I also have a sexual thing for crossdressing, so that gives me a bonus. So in brief dressing makes me more relaxed and happy.

The sharper blade is that if I can't be Michelle for a long time, I get a bit frustrated. There is periods when I mostly think how and when I have time for dressing up, what would I dress, etc. Also being in a closet makes me a bit sad, because I need to hide a part of my life from my wife (who, I btw love more than anything.:love: ) I've tried to find a time to open up to her for a long time, but there has been all kind of problems after another and I don't want to add any extra burden for her. Now I think and hope that if life goes on like this, the time when everything will be ok is only week away.

Belinda46
08-26-2006, 05:42 AM
Happy is just one of the many feelings I experience when dressing, or maybe it is a product of all the other feelings hhhmmm deep thought.... Yep being dressed makes me happy but so does many other things, ie my grandson...:heehee:

Raychel
08-26-2006, 07:11 AM
I don't know if happy would be the word that I would use. While I am dressing I don't think about all the daily things that cause me stress. Paying bills, All the chores that men have to do, Work, Ect, Ect. So in a small way maybe happy, but more stress free and relaxed. I am needing a Raychel day real bad right now.

Siobhan Marie
08-26-2006, 08:59 AM
My dressing makes me very happy as its a part of who I am. I wear panties 24/7 and dress when I can. I'd be lost without it.

:hugs: Anna x

KateLongman27
08-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Yes, it does make me happy as its part of me and thus I feel more fulfilled than what I would do without cross dressing.

ClaireJ
08-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I feel complete, so that makes me happy. :happy:

Tiana
08-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Being dressed makes me happy or maybe more importantly content and when i am having a stressful moment i can always think ahead to the evening and night when i can wear my lingerie and that always brings a smile on the inside x

gennee
08-27-2006, 02:39 PM
I feel complete, so that makes me happy. :happy:

Since I started dressing, I have been completed.

Gennee

:happy:

debbie m
08-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Dressing makes me feel content and brings an inner peace to express my feminine side or maybe my true self

sami1952
08-27-2006, 07:11 PM
when i crossdress i'm more relax and comfortable,i'm in a different world and waited a life time to let someone know.I shop a lot on the internet for clothes,mostly dresses,if i see undies that i like at the store,i'll buy them:love:

Ms. Donna
08-27-2006, 07:20 PM
For me it's as simple as this: I am out presenting as trans every day, all the time because this is who I am - I can not be me while presenting as something other than that.

I dress and present as I do not from a standpoint of happiness - I do it to from a standpoint of survival.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

kristytv
08-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I have to agree with Julie and Sherri. Never in my life have I felt so "at peace" as I do when I am in feminine mode. It just feels right. I think it stems from the fact that feminine is really my natural mode and my male mode and is really something designed by society to accommodate my birth defects.

Who really knows,

Susan

couldnt of said it anybetter myself, want /needto be female , or at least a close variaition of

Samantha B L
08-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Dressing has been a part of my life for years.I wouldn't have it any other way.It's a terrific pleasure and it gives me great relaxation and comfort. Samantha

Florence Tidji
08-28-2006, 05:58 AM
YESSSSS! The best sensation I never had before crossdressing, feeling light, happy, smiling, relax,... I could never stop anymore, feeling so happy when going out in public!!!

Helena Constantini
08-28-2006, 05:58 AM
Yes, indeed.
It is a great pleasure; and makes me happy of course.