PDA

View Full Version : opinions needed

Mistress_Thorny
08-24-2006, 04:03 PM
hi all

rosiegurl and I have been playing today and I decided that I wanted to work on make up and wigs. He is so wonderful and let me do pretty much what ever I wished.

I see some areas for improvements but would love to get some other opinions as well.

please.. honesty is appreciated...

MT

JoAnnDallas
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
First thing that comes to mind, is her eyebrows. I suggest making them thiner and add color to them.
Also either false eyelashes or more color there too.

Byllie
08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes, eyebrows a must, and work on the foundation.

Cristi
08-24-2006, 05:17 PM
I second (third? Fourth?) everybody else's comments that the inner part of the eyebrow is a bit too 'manish' still. Other than that, and just a hit of a dark shadow over the upper lip, she is looking great!

and... SMILE! :)

Marla S
08-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I like the eye-makeup and see no need for false lashes (would look artificial and/or overdone)

Me too. Eyebrows are the main thing to change. I wouldn't make them thinner though, because you need something to balance the lower part of the face. A dark brown colour should do it.

Right now the contrast between the bright red lipstick and the rest of the makeup is a bit big. I would try a brownish or less red red one.

The wig doesn't seem type approriate to me. Either a short hair cut or a more curly one. This one probably would be good for a slimmer face.

Toyah
08-24-2006, 05:31 PM
For me its the wig it is just not the right one but thats the great thing its all about learning and improving

Carlacd
08-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Work on the eyebrows, and maybe smile:D

Kandi
08-24-2006, 06:04 PM
You have what it takes to start and that is courage. Your pics are great. Over time you will be amazed at what you can transform yourself into. Go Gurl go.

rosiegurl
08-24-2006, 08:14 PM
thanks for the tips, and I know Thorny has been wathing this thread aswell, she did the makeup on me, thought I needed some "glamour" type shots *grins* and I'm not one to turn down the offer of a makeover *chuckles*.

only problem was, having to take it all off an hour or so later before our daughter came home from school, would of liked to have kept it on longer.

Jodi
08-24-2006, 08:23 PM
The hairdo needs to have bangs on the forehead. The hair should also do more to shape the face.

Jodi

kathy gg
08-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Get some good beard cover
lipstick too bright
also use a lip liner it will define the lip without the need for bright color
eyebrows a little thinner and then use a darker pencil
Your eyelashes look pretty good...fake eyelashes are *fun*, but not very passable unless you use the indivdual ones {and they take a pro to get them right}.

also your foundation line needs to extend into the neck area...looks very *freshly shaven*.

Also, everybody starts somewhere...practice makes perfect!

Karren H
08-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Serious tweezing for sure.....thin them out over time and no one will be the wiser... and that hair looks to synthetic.....go for a human hair wig, more bother but more realistic!!!

Love Karren

Charleen
08-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I agree with all the girls, but instead of false eye lashes, a little mascara would work wonders. I also agree with Karren about the wig. It's all an adventure, so enjoy! Love and xxxx, Lily

Dee 1062
08-24-2006, 11:03 PM
eyebrows need to be thin and please more eye make up, also alittle more cover girl on the face and a little more blush....

Sejd
08-24-2006, 11:04 PM
My sexologist last time asked me, "have you tried making your hair more feminine?" She had it right on. Even though I purchased some wigs, The real hair somtimes works better I think. But if a CD is balding, off course, that's a problem you would have to deal with.

Stephenie S
08-24-2006, 11:13 PM
And smile, smile, smile! Isn't this fun? Of course it is. Let's see a big grin.

Lovely eyes.

Lovies,
Steph

Rachel Morley
08-24-2006, 11:26 PM
please.. honesty is appreciated...
IMHO I would say the wig needs to go.....soon! I agree with the others about her eybrows....they need to be plucked much thinner. Apart from needing some good beard cover, the makeup looks pretty good to me and Rosiegurl has nice eyes.....but remember, don't judge on pictures alone. I do have the occational photo on this website that I think I look OK in, but for the most part, I think I look much better in real life than in pictures. It's all about the lighting you know :D

julie w
08-25-2006, 12:00 AM
the wig is bad ,you need to go to a wig shop and get one that matches you skin color , you can see you beard try a photo with natural light as flash can
make the beard show and smile

GG Vanya
08-25-2006, 12:24 AM
I agree, the wig has a hair helmet look to it, but I totally understand you're just getting your legs under ya with crossdressing. :happy: I also agree with shaping the eyebrows. Just remember, you *never* pluck from the top of the brow, that's your natural line.

I'd advise the use of a concealer base, the blusher needs to be a tad higher on the cheeks. (a good rule with this is: smile a wide smile, and apply the blusher to the "apple" of the cheeks that appear with that smile, fading it upwards toward the temple). I see many make the mistake of applying a perfect round ball for blush. At least ya didn't do that!

Lining the lower lids will give a bit more emphasis to those gorgeous eyes!~ And add more mascara to both the upper and lower lashes.

The neutral shadow for the lower part of the upper eyelid is a great choice, but I'd shy away from "metallic" shades for the upper area just under the brow. The shine from metallics is distracting. I'd use a lighter earth tone shade there.

Rosie is fortunate in the nose area. Hers is a shape that can be either "he" or she". However, if either of you are uncomfortable with that, then you can change the appearance by "contouring" using different shades of base.

I.E. To make a nose appear thinner, use darker base on the sides, and a lighter base along the ridge. (In a former life, I was a beauty consultant, and learned many tricks like that.) :D

You can also make the cheeks less prominent like this. I.E. use a darker shade of base underneath the upper jaw line to give the "sunken cheek" look. To find the perfect place to apply this trick is to have Rose make an exaggerated "O" with her mouth, with the lips puckered. Apply the darker base in the area that sinks in.

I'd also use a more neutral earth tone for the lips, but I'd use a coordinating (darker)lip liner as well. Those are perfect cupid's bow lips! Show 'em off!

I kinda envy you. :happy: I didn't get to teach Trudi all the tricks of make up. She was already *very* proficient in that area when we met.

MsJanessa
08-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Oh darling!!! where to begin?? First, top to bottom---a different wig---one with more body and/or more length and a lighter color---you are not a natural dark brunette---I would suggest light brown or strawberry blonde= Second your eyebrows need work----next time you have a haircut have your hairdresser wax and trim them(if you go to a barber, switch)---you don't have to look like a 30's +40s movie star---betty davis or gloria swanson but you should avoid the brook sheilds/ bella lagosie look also---thirdly get some heavy cream foundation(medium beige), then put liquid foundation of the same color over it then use a powder foundation also known as pancake makeup(at theatrical supply stores)---all that will hide your beard and give you a smooth complexion---next top it off with a dark powder blush put on with a brush---avoid cream blushes----next get fake eyelashes and then get help in getting them put on---the secrete is to wait 30 seconds to a minute after you put the glue on the eyelash before applying it to your eye---that way its gets tacky and stick better---also use a dark eyeliner for dramatic effect with dark brown, or other dark colors on the lid with lighter colors on the uper and lower part of the eye---also I like to use lighter colored concealer just under My eyes----finally get rid of that orange lipstick---go with darker colors(cherry or berry) or a lighter pinkish or brown shade---use lipliner that either matches the lipstick or is slightly darker.

Mistress_Thorny
08-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Thank you for all the responses.

Didn't quite get the response from rosie gurl I had hoped. He now says He will never leave the house for he felt it was all to negative. ~sighs~

But maybe with some work on the areas discussed...

But thanks everyone!

GG Vanya
08-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Awww Rosie :sad:

Please don't feel that way! Though I wasn't around when Trudi first started doing makeup, I've heard stories, and believe me, she must have looked a sight for sore eyes! :heehee:

You've *much* to work with: those eyes are killer, the perfect shaped lips, and as I said...your nose is a gimme.

Just put yourself back in Mistress's willing and able hands, and watch her work the majic!

jo_ann
08-25-2006, 06:57 PM
wig is like too high on the head? the hairline should be much lower. all the rest of the tips I agree with as well.

Mistress_Thorny
08-25-2006, 10:09 PM
well I got him to try again... we had a problem with mascara in the right eye and clean up was not as good as I had hoped but we got alittle tired and let it slide.

there is also a problem with this wig. no bangs and it is not very flattering on the forehead.

lip stick looked alot browner till the pic... still looks too red.

what you think? need to find a deeper concealer I think for the uper lip area...

ideas welcome

MT

Rachel Morley
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Oooh...this is much better :happy: I do agree with you about the wig and bangs but the hair color is really good. I think the lighting is better too (did you put the camera on a tripod and switch off the flash? - good :D ) the foundation is much better, hardly any beard shadow at all, eyes good, eyebrows still need a little work, but overall it's a great improvement. It took me over a year to get my make up anywhere near where I was happy. Rosiegirl looks much happier too and well she should ...watch out, feminization is happening! ...and what blouse are you wearing it looks heavenly!

Dee 1062
08-25-2006, 10:30 PM
MUCH BETTER....try Choc, or brown lipstick, with a dark brown lip liner, alittle more eye makeup, maybe a little more under the eyes, I like the wig, very cute:) some ear rings would help, make the eye brow a little more slim...<by george I blieve you turning him into a beauitful lady:)

rosiegurl
08-25-2006, 10:51 PM
actually angel, it wasn't a blouse. It was a maids unifrom ala new avi *grins*

DeeArel
11-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Very nice progression. Are there any newer shots. I bet she is stunning after all the advise.

MsJanessa
11-04-2006, 10:18 AM
much better

rosiegurl
11-26-2006, 10:48 PM
she is in england and away from all her makeup and clothing, though i do have some i just had to pick up *grins* so no new pics yet