PDA

View Full Version : current dressing trends

Danni Barron
08-24-2006, 07:09 PM
first post from me - hi everyone.

seems to me like we are the only people who actually dress like women these days

consider......i went to a party recently, and did a quick count-up

55 GG's present
3 wearing dresses
11 wearing top and skirt
41 wearing trousers (pants in america), or jeans.

go figure.

i suggest if all the party-goers were TV or CD...

60% in dresses
38% in skirt and top
1% in trouser-suit

(the other 1% would have a couple of "reserve" change of clothes, so would fit into either category):love:

Cristi
08-24-2006, 07:15 PM
It is a pendulum that swings back and forth. I think (at least in the area I live in) that women are wearing more skirts and dresses in the last year or so. 5 years ago it was rare to see a woman in a skirt unless her job required it or she was on the way to a fancy party, but on a warm day this month I see more women in skirts/dresses than anything else.

I'm glad this is happeneng, since otherwise when I crossdressed I'd stick out like a sore thumb if I was the ONLY person not wearing pants!!

On a side note... you'd think that fashion designers and clothing retailers would JUMP at the chance to get men turned on to skirts and dresses... just think how thier profits would go through the room if men started having to replace half their wardrobe every 6 months to stay current!

Cristi
08-24-2006, 07:16 PM
(the other 1% would have a couple of "reserve" change of clothes, so would fit into either category):love:

LOL... I'm betting that over 50% would have at least one extra outfit packed away somewhere and managed to change at least once during the course of the party.

Marla S
08-24-2006, 07:18 PM

seems to me like we are the only people who actually dress like women these days

55 GG's present
3 wearing dresses
11 wearing top and skirt

go figure.

i suggest if all the party-goers were TV or CD...

60% in dresses
38% in skirt and top
1% in trouser-suit

Well, one could interpret this in a way that CD/TVs have a bit of a stereotyped image of women, which might cause a bit of a stereotyped view on us.

Toyah
08-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Errrr hummmmm you havent quite got the diversity yet hun, there are lots of us that like pants trousers or whatever if they are fem. Now I am in a minority of one but I still count, I like catsuits, pants, skirts, dresses, tops bottoms I dont care as long as they can be feminine, dont close your mind to what is or isnt feminine:hugs:

Karren H
08-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Don't let the 1% in and I'll be right over!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Ashley in Virginia
08-25-2006, 03:25 PM
If I was at your party, I am sure i'd be in jeans. I hate dresses and I am not really into skirts. To each their own....

Dee 1062
08-25-2006, 03:32 PM
So Where's The Party ?

Bev06 GG
08-25-2006, 04:07 PM

55 GG's present
3 wearing dresses
11 wearing top and skirt

go figure.

i:

Hi Danni,
I get what your saying but I have to admit to being abit amused too. If such a high percentage of women are wearing trousers then that suggests to me that thats what women now wear. So if Your wearing a skirt your not actually dressing up like a woman are you, because thats not what theyre wearing now, theyre wearing trousers. So maybe your the only ones dressing as OLd Fashioned women. That sounds abit more accurate to me.
Take care Danni
Love BEVxxxxx

maid phylis
08-25-2006, 04:32 PM
here in ner york city when i travel to my group in the subway i am the only woman wearing a dress ,or a skirt for that matter.most of the ggs are wearing anything but,such as shorts or pants as it is summer but when i get into the city and start walking to our apt i see some women actually wearing skirts .not manny but they are out there . love p[hylisanne:love:

Jodi
08-25-2006, 07:29 PM
When I go out to a straight venue, I would say that I am wearing pants about 80% of the time. Depending upon the venue, it can be jeans to dressy pants. When in a straight venue, the idea for me is to blend in. A nice dressy pair of pants with a nice top, shoes and bag will do the trick in most all settings.

Jodi

lisa92268
08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
hi all,

I always feel and see that it depends on the type of event youre going to. Casual parties these days are perfect for tight jeans, heels, or sandals (shows off a cute girl figure). Formal outings or dances are perfect for dresses or skirts. Just going out to a club or bar are perfect for both. Or you can just be a girl and wear what ever you want! Anways, its just my 2 cents. Cheers!
Lisa

Rachel Morley
08-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Hummm....are you suggesting that women shouldn't be wearing pants? The last time I went to out to our Tri-Ess social I was wearing cream colored capri pants and strappy sandals.....and I wasn't the only cder in capris either.

Joanie
08-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Errrr hummmmm you havent quite got the diversity yet hun, there are lots of us that like pants trousers or whatever if they are fem. Now I am in a minority of one but I still count, I like catsuits, pants, skirts, dresses, tops bottoms I dont care as long as they can be feminine, dont close your mind to what is or isnt feminine:hugs:

Count me in on the femme pants, I had on my goucho outfit for a few hours this afternoon before the wife got home, loving every minute of it.

Judging by what the women at work wear, especially in the summer, pants are to women now what skirts were in the 1950s-they wear capris, cropped pants, long pants but all very feminine and atractive. Still, I hope to go shopping for a new skirt soon so it always comes back to that!

trannie T
08-25-2006, 11:35 PM
So, that's why I don't pass as a woman, I'm wearing a dress!