PDA

View Full Version : Is CDing the key?

Kate Simmons
08-25-2006, 06:23 AM
Is CDing the key to understanding yourself better? I've gone through a lot of changes lately as Ericka. I've been trying to figure out what they are all about. I like looking nice but the "glitter" and "glamour"aspects don't seem to be as important to me as they were formerly. I've toned down my makeup, I haven't worn pantyhose in a couple of months and am beginning to see why GG's hate bras(Go figure!). I seem to be more in touch with my feelings and caring about things and people than I ever have. I feel that this is a big part of what femininity is all about. In short, while I love being Ericka, dressing isn't that much of a big deal anymore and feelings are. As Richard, I wasn't that friendly or outgoing, as Ericka I am. I used to get headaches constantly due to the stress of the conflict in fighting who I was. Once I finally accepted it and embraced it, I no longer get headaches. I seem to have evolved spiritually as well and am more in touch with my overall self than ever before. So, is CDing the key to understanding yourself better? It is for me, it seems and it's a great feeling. :happy: Take care, Ericka Kay

Robin Leigh
08-25-2006, 06:34 AM
Ericka,

TG issues have led many of us to explore ourselves far deeper than we wouldn't have if we weren't TG. And you seem to be exploring more deeply & more thoroughly than most of us do. Well done. :thumbsup: Your explorations are an inspiration. You are a true CD adventurer, exploring all corners of the crossdressing universe.

I'd like to see a picture of Kaye dressed as a 19th century explorer, complete with pith helmet. :)

Robin

Kate Simmons
08-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Ericka,

TG issues have led many of us to explore ourselves far deeper than we wouldn't have if we weren't TG. And you seem to be exploring more deeply & more thoroughly than most of us do. Well done. :thumbsup: Your explorations are an inspiration. You are a true CD adventurer, exploring all corners of the crossdressing universe.

I'd like to see a picture of Kaye dressed as a 19th century explorer, complete with pith helmet. :)

RobinSounds like it could be doable Robin. It may take me awhile to find the stuff. Maybe a jungle explorer? Would it surprise you to know that I'm the incarnation(avatar or whatever) of an ancient female warrior? Ericka Kay

Robin Leigh
08-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Sounds like it could be doable Robin. It may take me awhile to find the stuff. Maybe a jungle explorer?
You've got it, Ericka! The jungle explorer was exactly the look I have in my mind's eye. I actually got the idea when you posted that picture of Kaye. :)

Would it surprise you to know that I'm the incarnation(avatar or whatever) of an ancient female warrior? Ericka Kay
Not at all! :)

Robin

Kate Simmons
08-25-2006, 07:50 AM
You've got it, Ericka! The jungle explorer was exactly the look I have in my mind's eye. I actually got the idea when you posted that picture of Kaye. :)

Not at all! :)

RobinIt's funny you mentioned that particular look Robin. Long, long before Indiana Jones was ever heard of, one of my favorite adventure characters was Jungle Jim. I wanted to be his female companion of course, so he could "rescue" me from lions, crocs and those nasty (stereotyped) natives who wanted to eat (!) me for dinner. I could have handled it myself of course but wouldn't get those dreamy arms around me if I did.:heehee: Ericka Kay

Marla S
08-25-2006, 10:45 AM
So, is CDing the key to understanding yourself better? It is for me, it seems and it's a great feeling.

I definetly would say YES.

I feel somewhat the same as you.
Meanwhile I see it as big gift, an enthralling adventure (sometimes a dangerous one), and even a spiritual experience.
Even the years of enforced self-incrimination do make sense in a way - "Something that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" (Would have done without it, though).

vbcdgrl
08-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Through this forum, I have come to realize that my desire to CD won't go away and I will have to deal with it for the rest of my life. Not that it's a bad thing, but one has to deal with the pros and cons as they see best. Until and unless I can discover why I have this desire within me, there's a part of me I won't understand. So, I guess the answer is NO, the act of CDing hasn't helped me understand myself better.

Vikki

Bev06 GG
08-25-2006, 03:56 PM
YES. Ok I know Im not a CD, but since being a part of this community and having a CD partner, I have learned more about myself than ever before. Infact at times I seem to go through a self analysis and self awareness that ive never before experienced. I thought it was just a case of getting older but the more I think about it, the more Im convinced its because my life has taken another direction and I have been faced with something that has challenged me, all be it in a positive way. You really do start to ask yourself why you think as you do, why did you react in this way or that way, and of course listening to other peoples views can again help you to decide your just where you sit on an issue. All good stuff isn't it. But I guess the key is to feel comfortable about who you are and realise that you are somebody special whoever you are.
BEVxxxx