PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress like other women?

lahr
08-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Or do you dress in a way you want to see them dressed? I hope that this makes sense. The other day I heard a young GG talking about her new flats from DSW . I never wear anything but stiletto heels when in drag but her red pointed toe flats looked so good with her capri pants. Vunderbar. Sehr Goot! I found and purchased the same red pointed toe flats in my size. I only have three pairs of capri slacks but the red flats look so good and the shade of taupe nylons goes well with the gray, black, and beige capri's that I wear. I'm not Gay Bi, or Homophobic. This young girl impressed me. I wanna look like and feel her in those sexy pants and shoes. Do you gurls ever feel this way? Have you ever immitated a real girl with your dress?

Kate Simmons
08-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Just dress like myself, Hon. Ericka Kay

Lil Miss Bekkah
08-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately, I dress in what I have, which means a very basic skirt-top-stockings outfit.

Jennaie
08-25-2006, 06:46 PM
I buy my clothing based on what I see women "my age" whom I think are attractive, wearing.

Jodi Lynn
08-25-2006, 06:49 PM
I buy my clothing based on what I see women "my age" whom I think are attractive, wearing.

I allways buy things that are for my age, when you are 52 you don't want to look like a teenager. :hugs:

ranma 1/2
08-25-2006, 07:35 PM
There are a few gals at work whos outfits I like.

Would love to know if they d look good on me. The outfits not the girls.

Well , maybe the girls too :heehee:

Seraph
08-25-2006, 08:08 PM
I always copy real GG's styles. :D :heehee:

Lanore
08-25-2006, 08:22 PM
I believe I am where I am because I pay attention to small details. Natural women change as they grow older and I'm no different. They offer a free clinic every day.

Lanore

linnea
08-25-2006, 08:46 PM
I agree with much of what has been said in the responses. I try to be stylish, but I also like to look as "natural" as I can which to me means wearing age-appropriate fashions. The idea that GGs offer a daily clinic makes great sense to me, and I watch them (without ogling) closely to see how they dress, how they move, etc. I also listen to their talk and consider what they have to say about fashion and how they achieve the looks they want. I think this has helped me to choose my clothes for dressing in male mode too, though I much prefer the female mode. Since I am a big man, I look with particular attention to the larger women--live and in catalogs. Looking in catalogs, by the way, makes me appreciate GGs' complaints about the way their fashions are presented for an "ideal" type in many cases.
'

Bobbie4
08-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi,
I dress in the fashion offered. If it does not look appealing to me then I consider it not to be appealing to others, not fem.

Bobbie4

ArleneRaquel
08-26-2006, 12:14 AM
I dress in what I like and feel comfortable in,what other woman wear doesn't interest me. But, really I'm pretty conventional, except that " I like to strutt my stuff ", and show a little bit more than normal.:love:

Eugenie
08-26-2006, 01:01 AM
I do my best to dress like other women my age group and my size (i'm rather plum) are doing. I'm also trying to dress according to the circumstances.

I like casual clothes for my days "en femme" but when I invite my GG friend over for diner or when I wisit some CD friends, I try to be slightly more dressed up.

I use comfortable underwear, at the end of the day, a lacy push up bra can be quite unconfortable...

I only wear sexy mini skirts as fantazies and when I'm alone...
:hugs:
Eugenie

judyw9
08-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Not really, I just try to emphasize my good features and minimize my bad features. Unfortunately, that means I can only wear pants because my legs are too big and muscular. However, my upper body is petite so I can really show it off. Also, I'm only 5'9" and take a size 10 shoe, which is about average for a woman of that height, so I can wear sexy shoes. I think this is a give-and-take that GGs go through. They learn what they can pull off vis-a-vis fashion and what they have to stay away from.

JenniferMint
08-26-2006, 04:07 AM

Same here. (I actually don't own any skirts right now---only pants)

Tia
08-26-2006, 04:09 AM
For me there is two styles I dress.

If I haven't had a chance to dress up for a long time, or I have only little of time, I usually dress up in a bit fetish way. I think this mostly describes the way I would like to see a woman dressed. (and it's the only reason I think I bought a pink pvc skirt that's only a hint wider than a wide belt... Or perhaps it is a belt ;) .)

If I have plenty of time I try to dress in a way that a normal woman would dress. Except my eye for fashion sucks and I end up dressing like women did 10 years ago... (Ok, I must admit I still have to have some sexy lingerie :o )

Marla S
08-26-2006, 04:20 AM
Do you dress like other woman ? Or do you dress in a way you want to see them dressed?
Neither nor.
Of course I watch out for the dressing style of others, but rather take it as an inspiration or as a deterrent, in order to develope my style (so, a 1:1 copy is unlikely)
I.e. low rise jeans are nice if you have the figure to wear them, but they can be deterrent if they produce a not very beneficial "double butt" (likely, if one has some overwight), especially in combination with a short top.
In general I like to see people dressed suitable to their type and the occasion.
Of course sometimes I see a woman and think: Oh wow, I wish I could dress like her. But often the second thought is: You wouldn't look as good in this clothes.

LindaTS
08-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Like a lot of you ladies I have a ton of clothes which fills a walk-in closet with very little room to spare. I have to admit that I love dressing in clothes of the younger generation, such as minis and 5" heels, but I only wear them when I'm staying home for the day. Whenever I know I'm going out shopping I always try to dress my age, or at least close to it. I just turned 68 today and that means I usually wear jeans or a nice looking skirt when I do go out. Can you imagine the attention you would get wearing a mini at my age? Gotta play it safe girls.

ReallyDana
08-26-2006, 08:02 AM
I let my wife have a big say in the style that I wear. She has good fashion sense and has done well in guiding me.

KatieZ
08-26-2006, 08:52 AM
If I'm out in public I do dress my age in an attempt to blend in and not call attention to myself. At home however I dress in what ever mood I'm in for the day. After all a man dressing like a woman is only a fantasy, so why let my age dictate the fantasy.

Hugs

gennee
08-26-2006, 09:00 AM
:doll: :gorgeous: I dress in something that I would feel comfortable in. I'm sweater and skirts gurl. I like dresses , ladies suits, and pumps. I really don't emulate any one person. If I see something or some style that I like, I' ll incorporate it into my wardrobe.

Gennee

Denise01
08-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I try to dress for my age, and also when i am out in Public, will dress to blend in.
Living in the cold country in the North, during the winter, and the cold weather here, if i am going shopping will wear mostly slacks, as that is what i see 90% of the girls wearing.

When going out for dinner or shopping, depending on what i am doing or where i am going, will either wear slacks, or a skirt.

Big thing i find is dress to blend in, for your age, and do not dress to look out of place when in a mall etc

Denise

RikkiOfLA
08-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Finding the right thing to wear every day has become a big battle for me! Although I dress like a woman, I'm not built like a woman. (Sound familiar?)

The transvestite in me would really be happy if I were dressed like a 60s go-go dancer all the time (hey, that's my generation). The rest of me (the practical side and the gender dysphoria that drives me to dress full time) would have me dress much more like other women my age (57).

Except, most of the women my age seem to have given up! They've surrendered the world of attractive dressing to the twenty-somethings and shlepp around in loose black slacks, tent tops, and flat shoes. Their husbands are in shape and they dress them well. But themselves? 300 lbs, sagging faces, droopy everything! Bleah!

Fortunately, there are a FEW women my age who still have it together. They DON'T dress their age! Not at all! If they've got it, they flaunt it! They remember the 50s maxim that a woman's "costume" (as they called it back then) can be witty and distinctive. They know you can wear anything if it looks good on you or you can make it look good on you. You can carry off "what the kids are wearing" if you don't try to slavishly copy the kids. And they seem to share my take on fashion: Fashion is a tool to use to your own advantage, not a rule book to obey.

Case in point: jeans. I have jeans and like them ok. But for me to look good in jeans, I need to wear hip pads. Got those. But hip pads are hot and uncomfortable. The little foam pads curl around and break off their corners. They'll last about 20 wearings more, and one day, when I really need them, they'll break in two. So I save jeans for when I really need to wear jeans--when anything else would just not be right.

I also remember what dirty looks from other people mean. Seriously dirty looks, of course, mean something's seriously wrong with how you act or look. But those sneak-a-peak dirty glances from other people are actually a positive thing. From the women, they mean the woman is jealous of what you're wearing but she won't admit it by asking you where you got something. And from the men, they mean he thinks you look sexy, but he's not going to embarrass himself in public (i.e. maybe his wife is watching).

So I try to let the transvestite in me keep my "costume" sexy and fun, but I try not to let her take me overboard into fetish or drag cliché. So the white plastic go-go boots with the six inch heels are out. Darn it!

So after hassling all that every morning, when I succeed, I have an outfit that's comfortable, not hideously out of fashion, and fun. Then I try to run through my day looking and acting as though I'm not at all concerned with what I'm wearing. Except remember that every bathroom break is also an opportunity to do a hair and makeup check in the mirror.

So, do I notice what other women are wearing? Like a hawk, but don't let it show!

Rikki

Joanna0909a
08-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Lanore, "A free clicnic everyday." I love that, and it is true. As for me, I am like KatieZ and dress to try and blend in. However, some women dress so shabbily, it is hard to get there. Anyway, I like business casual. I do not go tight, low cut or short. Blouses and sweaters are very conservative, usually solid pastels. (Remarkably like my guy clothes - I have no fashion sense. Wish my wife would help, hers is great. Very classy. Oh well.) Skirts are the same and usually knee length or longer. Heels max out at about 2".

Can we say vanilla? But it works for me!

Hugs,
Joanna

Amelie
08-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Do you dress like other women?

No I don't,,,other women dress like me.

I dress like the average goth gurl in black with very heavy make-up and heavy eye liner.

amanda540300
08-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I always wear clothes that make me look nice. I try to dress in age appropriate clothing.

Jenna Lynn
08-26-2006, 01:12 PM
I dress in private, but when I do, I dress the way that I would like to see women dress.

annekathleen
08-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I see pictures of women dressed in nice outfits that catch my eye, and imagine myself wearing that same outfit. I cant wait to try it on for the very first time. Yes, sometimes, it is so sensual and so sexual, seeing myself in the mirror, and feeling the various fabrics against my body.

JenniferPaul
08-26-2006, 09:39 PM
I buy almost all my clothes in regular ladies wear stores or consignment stores, so I dress like other women shopping at those places. I dress in classic chic styles, but probably have a style much like some people. Hope I do not meet a GG who has my exact fashion sense. Wouldn't be a hoot to run into her wearing the exact same dress, shoes, handbag, etc.

Jennifer

Bridget
08-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Neither. I dress as what looks good on me. I do dress my age, so I wear stretch jeans a lot, and i do somewhat resemble other girls my age, but I don't try to go out and copy what other girls wear. Nothing makes this girl feel more terrible than wearing the exact same outfit as another. I pride myself on being an individual (just like everyone else, >w<)

I know for sure I don't dress as how I wish other girls would dress. I see a lot of tops, dresses and skirts in stores which I would love to see on other girls, but I have my style, which is different. For example, I think the dressy polka dot combo top is super cute, but it's not me. I also think punk girls are just totally hot, but that look definitely isn't me.

Karren H
08-27-2006, 12:01 AM
I dress as a classy female would dress or would have dresses......Dresses and skirts mostly, even when going out enfemme. Casual doesnt have to be jeans and tees!!! Plain skirts and simple tops are still fem and pass well at the mall..

Love Karren

KarenSusan
08-27-2006, 01:24 AM
I agree with Karren. I try to dress my age but GGs my age seem to only wear
slacks and tees. After a lifetime of wearing pants as a boy, Karen Sue does not wear
pants.