PDA

View Full Version : I am in Heaven

Phyliss
08-26-2006, 05:10 AM
I am in heaven. Stopped in to see a friend at a dress store the other day and she told me that she had gotten some new trousers in recently and asked if I was in need of any. Must have been reading my mind. E----y knows I CD and also knows of my "unknowing S.O." so the idea of buying a dress or skirt is kinda out of the question, not that I haven't bought a skirt from her before, it's just that I don't have many chances to wear it.
Anyhow, we looked at a few trousers and she found these:

http://www.frenchdressingjeans.com/wear/en/catalog.asp?catalog=14&page=5&item=417

Tried them on, fit wonderful. The best part? I can wear a size 12P from this maker. I've tried size 12 from others and can button them but moving around isn't easy, unless I don't want to breathe or bend over. These are just perfect for me. They'll make a nice pair of casual dress pants. As soon as the weather gets a bit cooler, I'll be able to wear them. Cords during the summer just don't work. The color I chose is the Mahogany. She had some blush on the shelf in my size but I figured I'd be "pushing the issue" if I bought them.

Loosing weight can have more rewards than just better health.
So many nice clothes and so little time and money.

To be able to just stop into a store and chat with the owner and make a purchase, is a wonderful experience.
Like I've said a number of times, once you establish a rapport with the owner and they realize you're serious, there are no longer any "embarrassing moments" that take away from the enjoyment.
I've reached a point where I can feel comfortable with my buying of clothes. Thanks again to all here who have given me that confidence. I so love it.

Toyah
08-26-2006, 05:54 AM
There is nothing like a good relationship with a dress shop owner. I have never found anyone who is anything but professional and usually very interested and helpfull.

Charleen
08-26-2006, 06:00 AM
It must be a pants kind of dat. I just did a thread on pants as well. Phyl, I'm happy to hear about your weight loss. Clothes fit and look better, mbut you know that. Wear them in the best of health! Love and xxx, Lily

Phyliss
08-26-2006, 08:15 AM
THanks Lilygirl, I will wear them happily.

Went back and took a second look at the site and clicked on the picture of the pants to get an enlarged view. Looking closely at the hands on the model I can see what, to me, looks like "liver spots" on the back of the hands. Makes me wonder if the model is some young 20 something or not. The hands don't really look very delicate either. Who ever it is wearing them does have a nice figure though.

Stephenie S
08-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Dear Phyliss,

I went on line, The clothes look lovely. But can you buy them? I could find no order page or prices.

Stephenie

Phyliss
08-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Stephenie S, I don't believe you can buy them on line. The site is a wholesalers site and the clothes are available at retail stores. I don't think places like K Mart or Wally World carry that brand. The dress shop I frequent is a bit of an upscale place, but I know the owner and the clothes she carries are "to die for"