PDA

View Full Version : Femme Voice?

Sienna_cd
08-26-2006, 09:05 AM
How did you girls get a femme voice if you have one?

brittanny
08-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Melanie Ann Philips has a voice training you can download or order on tape to find her site just type her name in a search engine

Lady Jayne
08-26-2006, 10:06 AM
I find some of the tips here usefull http://heartcorps.com/journeys/voice.htm hope thy help.

here is a link to melanie ann phillips

Kate Simmons
08-26-2006, 10:14 AM
The most effective way to create the illusion is not so much what you sound like but how you say things. If you talk like a truck driver, they will know you are a guy but if you talk like a refined woman and enunciate your sentences properly and "roll" your words, they will think you are a woman regardless of your voice. Okay, it works in theory but as Ericka I'm kinda a Tomboy at times and it "rolls off" like listening to a girl's locker room sometimes. Oh well, nobody said it was gonna be easy. You do have to find your own "niche" and comfort level though when speaking as your femme self. Ericka Kay

Lil Miss Bekkah
08-26-2006, 10:39 AM
For some reason I find that I often slip into a real southern accent when I use my fem voice, even though normally my accent is barely noticeable

Joyce1702
08-26-2006, 11:46 AM
I have a book called "Speaking As A Woman" by Alison Laing. It stesses that it is more a matter of intonation, inflection, and vocabulary, rather than pitch.

Women's vocabulary is very different than men's. A man will say, "That's a nice dress." where a woman will say "That's a lovely dress."

You can also learn to speak from your throat rather than your chest, giving you less resonance which generally will sound better than trying to speak in a squeaky falsetto.

Joyce