PDA

View Full Version : Back hair

darley dee
08-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Wow, what a topic!
Does any body have an easy way to dispose of unsightly backhair,cheaply.I'm not opposed to shaving I just can't reach,or waxing is it exspensive and how long does it last?
Thanks, Bigfoo/ Darley Dee

Julogden
08-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Wow, what a topic!
Does any body have an easy way to dispose of unsightly backhair,cheaply.I'm not opposed to shaving I just can't reach,or waxing is it exspensive and how long does it last?
Hi Darley,

When I used to go out a lot, I had a CD friend who would shave my back for me, and I'd do hers, cheap and works great, but if you don't have pals who would be OK with that, you might take a look at http://www.mangroomer.com/default.aspx I haven't used this, but it sounds interesting.

Carol:hugs:

Tina Dixon
08-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I guess being dragged behind a car on your back not a good idea:o

renee k
08-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi Darley,

I too like Carol had my back shaved,the gal that does my hair/wigs did it for me. Now she waxes it. Price runs about Seventy dollars and usually last six weeks. I've also had my chest/stomach,arms and legs done. You'll love the softness. Sure beats shaving!

Huggs, Renee

KateLongman27
08-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Wow, what a topic!

Luckily I don't have much back hair, its mainly on the shoulders where I can reach, and I do shave those areas to see how it actually goes, though I may consider waxing since it does last a lot longer than shaving!

But its all down to personal choice and what you're happy with.

LaSirenaBella
08-26-2006, 12:04 PM
My nemesis! Back hair!

I can't afford laser, but when I can, that's the first thing that's getting zapped. My experiment with Nair left me with bad acne, which has been healing since the World Cup finals. For now, I'll do shaving and save up a bit for waxing.

Sirena

Sienna_cd
08-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Sirena, the fist time I used Nair my back was really red and it actually stung a littile when I showerd for a couple of days. I decided to try it again and didn't have any problems.

Sexy

Michelle2008
08-26-2006, 01:28 PM
I get my back waxed and well...my whole body for that matter every 5-6 weeks. I swear by it and it actually grows back thinner and thinner each time I wax a certain body region. So I would recommend finding a salon that you are comfortable in and getting your back waxed. My salon charges me $45 for my back...to me, its TOTALLY worth it. Hope this helps and good luck with what ever you choose.....

Take Care,
Michelle

darley dee
08-26-2006, 02:25 PM
I guess being dragged behind a car on your back not a good idea:o

Not so much,and probably as much fun as a power sander, with a turpentine bath, but thanks for the laugh!:heehee:

darley dee
08-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I get my back waxed and well...my whole body for that matter every 5-6 weeks. I swear by it and it actually grows back thinner and thinner each time I wax a certain body region. So I would recommend finding a salon that you are comfortable in and getting your back waxed. My salon charges me $45 for my back...to me, its TOTALLY worth it. Hope this helps and good luck with what ever you choose.....

Take Care,
Michelle

Thanks to you and all whom replied,waxing seems the way to go.

Darley Dee

kymmieLorain
08-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Luckily my SO does it about once amonth. She thinks she is keeping the hair shaved to show my tattoos but.

Kymmie

Michelle2008
08-26-2006, 03:14 PM
You're welcome Darley Dee. I am so glad we could help you. Just a final thought though...the first time I got my back waxed, it hurt like hell. My back hair was so thick that it hurt so bad as it was being waxed off. But now, its not so bad. Partially b/c I am used to it and also the hair has really grown back much thinner. So please be aware of that first time...OUCH!!! Hahahaha....Michelle

julie w
08-26-2006, 03:58 PM
I have had my back waxed a few times there is pain , My gf hates
back hair she has used electric clipers on it , but waxing is best you can get
it done for about $40 at strip malls usually run by oriental ladys every time I go they want to give me a pedicure enjoy

vbcdgrl
08-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I have been shaving my back using an old Norelco with an " extension" handle
taped to it. Works, but is slow and awkward. I've been wondering about this back shaver, the Mangroomer. Has anyone seen/used one of these things for real? The website really doesn't say much about the mechanics of the thing. I see a switch on the side, so I assume it's electric. And it looks more like a shear that a shaver. Any comments?
Based on what I read about waxing and my son's experience, I am gonna try it at least once. If it works welll and only needs to be done every 5-6 weeks, I can afford the cost. We'll see.

Vikki

Shiny
08-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Not a trace of back hair here. Whew!

Blane
08-31-2006, 07:34 PM
I totally know what you mean on how hard it is to maintain "back hair free." I have waxed for years, but to be quite honest I was tired of all the pain. Also, I hate always having to wait for my back hair to grow out long enough for them to wax me and having to spend $65 each time.

This frustration along with my laziness got me to try the Mangroomer after hearing how much Frank Decaro and Derek & Romaine on Sirius satellite radio love and support Mangroomer.com. I have got to tell you, I am so happy with it! It was only 40 bucks and one of the best things is now I am totally smooth in a moments notice by myself when I have to get ready for a show. Trust me, it will make your life a lot easier and happier!

Edie
08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Try using Veet Sensitive Formula. It is by far my favorite cream hair remover, and is easy on sensitive skin. I use it on my back with good results.

nikisbest
08-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Darley,

When I used to go out a lot, I had a CD friend who would shave my back for me, and I'd do hers, cheap and works great, but if you don't have pals who would be OK with that, you might take a look at http://www.mangroomer.com/default.aspx I haven't used this, but it sounds interesting.

Carol:hugs:

I appreciate that link on that one, the only problem I see with that is it has
a head on it like a beard trimmer. Wish it would shave better, I would be all over that.

Niki

angelfire
08-31-2006, 10:34 PM
I bought an electric shaver to do my back, but I realized AFTER that I can't reach.

So my next option is going to be Veet.

Karren H
09-01-2006, 06:17 AM
I use a wooden back scratcher with on old razor taped to it with hockey tape....works like a charm!! An engineered solution!! hehehe

Love Karren

Annette49
09-01-2006, 06:57 AM
I have mine waxed. It cost about $50 to $60 but it is worth it. Last about 2 months.

Annette

vbcdgrl
09-03-2006, 06:22 PM
As I've explained before, I use an old Norelco "rotary" electric shaver. I taped an extension handle( a piece of dowel) to it's handle. Since the blade surface is parallel to the handle, I'm able to manipulate the thing around my back. Works "OK" but is kinda awkward. I'm gonna try waxing at some point. My son has had this done several times, (he's not a CD but says the GGs don't like hairy backs) and says it lasts about 5 weeks. The hair grows back less thick each time. The cost isn't too bad, about $50.

Vikki

angelfire
09-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Actually I have a friend at work who has openly told me that he nairs his entire body (ENTIRE :eek: ). My best friend shaves his entire body, and openly tells everyone. Another close friend of mine waxes his back every now and then. As far as I know they are all straight, non-CDing folk. No one thinks differently of them, they just 'don't like looking like a sasquatch.'

prophet
09-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm glad I don't get backhair. But if I did waxing really seems like the best way to get rid of it.

Miss Petra
09-05-2006, 01:21 AM
http://www.razorba.com/

Found this on line. Like the fact you can use your fav razor.

Hugs,

Petra

AmberTG
09-05-2006, 01:39 AM
I just have this little patch of hair right in the middle of my hips above my butt, I haven't done anything about it yet. I had my 8-10 chest hairs removed by electrolysis and I pluck my nipple hairs, shave the belly button hairs.