PDA

View Full Version : Made me think about me.

Julie York
12-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Don't think we ALL get special treatment cuz we're female (i.e., GG); it's simply not true!!

hugs
kew
Quote from Kewl GG in another thread. (Didn't want to hijack the current one by Kayleaigh.)

It was about a situation.. "If it was a woman..." etc.

I didn't really understand it until I turned my 'Julie' head on, that women are really in competition in a way that is invisible normally and must be very unfomfortable. Women know exactly where they stand in the looks stakes and it is not a nice thing to be constantly paranoid about how you look and how you compare to everyone else. At least I can turn it off. It must be horrible being a woman who knows she isn't what she wants to be. Bit like us, but less abstract reasons.

I haven't even managed to get Julie out into the real world so I can see her myself, and yet I am already worried she might not be pretty enough. Sheesh.

MissBosie
12-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Not all women are bubble heads constantly worrying about their looks.

Julie York
12-17-2004, 06:57 PM
I meant by KewTnCurvy.
When I post, the page I am replying too has gone and I forget who the name was sorry.

Julie York
12-17-2004, 06:58 PM
No MIss, I know. Didn't mean it that way. But there's a definite appraisal always going on that I never really thought about.

Sweet Susan
12-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Not all women are bubble heads constantly worrying about their looks.

Call me a sinner, but I think that women who don't worry about their looks are either so good looking that there isn't anything to worry about, or they don't stand a chance.

KayleighTV_UK
12-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Im not sure where i should start here, so im gonna try at the begining..

Now, i have a problem, im 6feet 8" tall.. before i put on heels.. and well, when i do that i go over the 7foot mark.. and im always worried about how i would pass in public.. you just dont see tall girls..

Just because im worried about that, does not mean that i put myself down, i just make the best of it and wear short skirts and show off my legs see?

At the end of the day, its what you can make of yourself that is the key, we cant argue with what we were given.. thats the way we were made, so we should be happy and enjoy what we have.. i know for one that i do.. im more than happy with the way i look.. although. i would love more defined hips.. but thats another story!!!!

I hope that my little bit of rambling helps.. thats all i ever do, ramble that is.. LOL

Kayleigh X

Wenda
12-17-2004, 07:10 PM
I think you make a good point. When the male-me breaks a nail, I don't really care, but, it really SUCKS for Wenda. I think there is a higher expectation for women to be well-groomed. The public seems a little less tolerant of women who are poorly groomed, poorly dressed or in poor physical condition. I still don't go out in public, so, as long as I am beautiful in my own mind, I am happy. wenda.

KewTnCurvy GG
12-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Trust me, having to be aware of your looks and keeping up "with the Jennifers" (name chosen at random) is not a fun thing. And I'm in no way saying it's horrible to be a woman, just not all of us get special treatment cuz of the way we look. That's all I was saying. :)

hugs
kew

Julie York
12-20-2004, 05:33 PM
It echoes in the CD world too. But lets not get depressing. In our heads we are all sensational. And some are lucky enough to be sensationally out of their heads (I'll edit that later. )

HAHA