PDA

View Full Version : has anyone of you considered "procedures"?

Ciel
08-26-2006, 12:06 PM
has anyone considered having procedures done on them? not the gender altering ones but the minor stuff like laser hair removal or hair implants. of course many of us here ,i believe, love their "equipment" and would not like to part with them. so i'm just curious... thanks! =)

kateyliz
08-26-2006, 12:35 PM
has anyone considered having procedures done on them? not the gender altering ones but the minor stuff like laser hair removal or hair implants. of course many of us here ,i believe, love their "equipment" and would not like to part with them. so i'm just curious... thanks! =)

If there was a quick and cheap way to get rid of my beard, I'd do it in a minute. I hate shaving but I hate my beard more. Kathy

suzy
08-26-2006, 12:41 PM
:D ummmmm.....nope, I haven't thought of any procedures yet... I drempt that I grew breasts tho.....does that count?

sandra-leigh
08-26-2006, 01:02 PM
has anyone considered having procedures done on them? not the gender altering ones but the minor stuff like laser hair removal or hair implants.

Discussions about electolysis and laser hair removal and waxing float in and out of other topics. It seems clear to me that a non-trivial number of people go in for hair removal at some point.

With regards to hair removal, it isn't necessarily the bother of shaving or the rate of regrowth or the idea of mascueline face hair that drives people: it is often the "five o'clock shadow" that drives them bananas. "five o'clock shadow" is the dark hair under the skin that shows up no matter how closely one shaves. It is the shadow that drives a lot of the cosmetics inquiries; that and the difficulty of getting a nice close shave without skin-burn.

KateLongman27
08-26-2006, 01:20 PM

Currently considering for the future....facial hair since I'm sick of shaving day in day out, As I don't think I'm going to grow a beard somehow, I don't see the point of having facial hair.

Rachel Morley
08-26-2006, 01:26 PM
has anyone considered having procedures done on them? not the gender altering ones but the minor stuff like laser hair removal or hair implants.

Yes. I've just started a course of laser hair removal. I posted about it the other week.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37487

Caitlintgsd
08-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I want to start lazer. But I'm going to do counseling first, unless my insurance will pay for those sessions. If they will I'll probably start lazer in September. As for GRS, I'm rather neutral about what's below the waist. If I had, oh, say a spare $20,000 lying around I probably would get GRS. But that's not happening today.

ChristineRenee
08-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I just completed having permanent eye makeup done on my brows and eyelashes. (eyeliner actually) It's kind of like tattooing...3 hours in the chair with no breaks. The wife holding my hand the whole time. Definitely NOT a procedure if you are an extremely nervous type. On the plus side for me, in addition to the obvious end result, was that my wife had considered having this done herself until she witnessed what I went through. I think it made quite an impression on her that I was able to go through this very nerve wracking procedure just for the sake of beauty. Not the type of thing most men would go through I would wager...unless they are like us. I think it underscored just how much I AM Chrissie inside to want to endure this to enhance my outer femininity now too. I'm very glad as well that she was there for me and supported me on this. She is quite an exceptional woman my wife is.:hugs::love:

Kate Simmons
08-26-2006, 02:31 PM
No Hon, I need a challenge, like making a 59 bald hairy guy into a 35(okay, maybe 45) year old gorgeous blonde (or redhead, brunette, etc.). Having that stuff done would take away my edge of creativity. Of course if I were transitioning, I might consider them but then again, knowing myself, I'd be wanting to CD as a guy if I became a woman. Confused? I'm not. BTW, What day is it? :happy: Ericka Kay

older not wiser
08-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi Ceil, In your post you mentioned "our" equipment. I personally would go with the proceedure to lose my "equipment" in a New York minute!!!!

Love; BonnieAnne :GE:

DeniseNY
08-26-2006, 03:43 PM
I am kind of ambivalent about the 'equipment'; I am just playing the hand I was dealt.

In that vein, I'm not really interested in any procedures. I don't have much body hair anyway, and I can control the underarm/leg/facial hair with my trusty razor.

I guess it's just one of those things...

connie d
08-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Doeses Gettinig U Ears Pierced Count+?

Melissa A.
08-26-2006, 03:56 PM
I want to, and will, eventually have my beard permanantly removed. That's first. Then I may move on to hair removal on the rest of my body, which I really don't mind taking care of the way I do now. But the beard is different. It limits time spent as a girl, and is almost impossible to hide 100% even with a close shave and the best makeup. So there's only one thing left to do. Any one have about $2,000 laying around that they don't need?:D

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Audrey34
08-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Liposuction to get rid of my big belly. But since I can't afford it, it's diet and exercise (which takes a lot longer)......sigh.
-Audrey:o

Bobbie4
08-26-2006, 07:29 PM
So have I. Have not considered any treatment or surgery but, I still dream of having breast. What kind of hormone treatments are out there?

Bobbie4
08-26-2006, 07:33 PM
That is what i am doing. Excerise, portion control, and counting calories.

Ellie
08-26-2006, 07:38 PM
I've gotten laser treatments on my facial hair and some full body waxes but I don't plan on any permanent changes to my body parts.

I love my size and shape on both myself and every GG that I have dated.

I dress more to be someone else for a while rather then to express "the self I should have been" and as such I'm only in girl mode about 1/4 of the time.

DAVIDA
08-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I unfortunately have hair growing everywhere but where it should be growing.It would be a very daunting task,and extremely expensive!
Maybe when I hit the lottery.:lol2:

KateW
08-26-2006, 08:53 PM
I have considered everything, but in all likelihood it will just remain that way. Of course I have done things like getting my ears double pierced, plucknig my eyebrows, and waxing my legs, but I think that's as far as I will probably go.

trannie T
08-26-2006, 08:58 PM
My body is perfect just as it is. I just remove hair as needed and add boobs as desired.

mollytyler
08-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Electrolysis years ago....slow process and not pleasant but finality of no hair is a blessing!!! Orchiectomy 7 years ago and don't miss those tiny non-precious gems.....The legs still need waxing on regular basis as was not going to lay out a fortunes for electro for that large a surface-lol

Bridget
08-26-2006, 10:46 PM
I would like to definitely be epilated, and might consider hormones, if the risk of cancer is low. But I am keeping my parts, as I consider myself about 66% female and 33% male.

But at the same time, it's hard to find a straight girl who can get over the presence of a top shelf, and hard to find a lesbian who can get over the presence of a one-eyed-monster in the basement. So being a DG attracted to women makes life tough. (It basically leaves open only a few bi girls who find you attractive either way, or open minded women)

So I dunno. I would really love to have a pair of breasts to call my own though.

Jeannie9
08-26-2006, 10:52 PM
All I can say is I've had laser hair removal done. The results have been more better then expected (legs and underarms). Will be doing chest and back next.

Good luck in what you chose to do.

Stephenie S
08-26-2006, 11:43 PM
I am in the middle of electolysis on my beard. This is no fun and quite time consuming and expensive. I am looking forward to not having that shadow though, and not having to wear cover and foundation.

I have considered other procedures and will continue as finances allow.

Time will tell.

Steph

ReginaK
08-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Electrolysis is the main thing on my mind now. Once I get my own home and stabilized I plan on pursuing it. Anything after that is up in the air and depends on my obligations in the future.

Tina Dixon
08-27-2006, 08:29 AM
I do have some good breasts growing, but thats becouse of the Big Macs and Whoppers I eat but besides that no:o