PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Farrah Lynn
08-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I have a problem.
I love to have my toenails painted, they are a pastel purple at the moment, which is one of my favorite colors, the other is a dark maroon color. My problem is that I can not stand them to be plain or without color (my toes) and I don't like wearing shoes. I am afraid of being laughed at by others. I had an instance in Wally World where I was wearing my shorts and tennies and tee, but my legs are always shaven and I wear an anklet all the time. I love foot jewelry. But a girl and her boy friend walked by me and started to laugh. I chalked it up to them being a small town hick. But the toes (oh I love my toes) are a little different. Can you tell me how I can get over the being laughed at. I want to so bad to have others see how gorgeous my feet are.
I have pics on myspace.com not all of which are mine just the ones with the spider tattoo. www.myspace.com/tenhottoes
Love
Farrah Lynn

jennig
08-26-2006, 08:45 PM
HI farra the first thing to do is to except that we are different and that most people have small minds when it comes to anybody being ditterent. please dont try to conform to the masses and be yourself!. I always have shorts on and hairless leggs I also have long nails and keep my toes polished and guess what people do notice theay sometimes make comments and Iam sure theay laugh behind my back but who cares br yourself.
hugs jennig

Cristi
08-26-2006, 08:47 PM
...But a girl and her boy friend walked by me and started to laugh. I chalked it up to them being a small town hick....

I really don't get the 'laughing' thing. :( I'm sure it's not out of humor. I think when people laugh like that is is a crude sociological conditioning thing. It is society's way of telling people "You have stepped outside the bounds of what we expect you to be, so we are going to make you uncomfortable until you conform again".

Also, I think people have been CONDITIONED to laugh at anybody different, expecially crossdressers. How many times have crossdressers been represented on television that have NOT been for a quick cheap laugh? Only those times that the crossdresser turns out to be a psychotic killer :( I'm not much of a fan or television, but I've got to hand something to the Drew Carey eposides that had his brother who was a CD. In many episodes, apart from a few one-liners, the way he was dressed was NOT an issue in any way. If we can keep getting coverage like that, maybe things might start to change over time.

I guess we keep getting the short end of the stick, and things aren't going to change until people get tired of laughing, or learn how idiotic they sound.

I don't dare yet go out dressed in public because I have been well conditioned all of my life to avoid being laughed at (what being bullied in school can do for YOU! :sad:) but I keep telling myself that some things people do says more, by far, about THEM than it does about you.

I don't have any real advice... I guess just stick in there and try to grow a thicker skin about it. That kind of reaction probably isn't going to go away in our lifetime.

JD Jade Dream GG
08-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Very short french pedicure would work for you!
Not purple of dark red but still very feminine, pretty and
way more discreet.
It works barefoot on both genders/

Farrah Lynn
08-26-2006, 09:08 PM
I have done papers on gender issues and it seems that people are brought up thinking the way they do about us, and that they cannot except difference in the culture. But I am trying to handle the thought of stupid laughter.

trannie T
08-26-2006, 09:10 PM
If you venture out you're going to encounter those who are less than accepting of our lifestyle. Big deal, as long as they aren't coming after me with pick handles I can live with them. We also have to realize that some of the things we do and wear are humorous. I don't laugh much at other crossdressers but I'm always laughing at myself.

Farrah Lynn
08-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Very short french pedicure would work for you!
Not purple of dark red but still very feminine, pretty and
way more discreet.
It works barefoot on both genders/

I guess I just have to get thick skinned, because I love those colors. They make my feet look soo sweet.