PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Mannequin

KatieZ
08-27-2006, 08:49 AM
I thought I would share with you all how I "try on" clothes from e-bay.

I took four pics of myself in front of a blank wall wearing a bra and skimpiest thong I own. 1 pic is frontal with arms at my side. Next is same but with hands on hips. 3rd is from the back arms at side, and last is from back with hands on hips.

I use adobe photodeluxe buisness edition but any photo software should work fine.

I took all four pics and placed them side by side in one frame (226 pixels wide x 288 high)

When I find a dress, skirt, panties, etc. I like on ebay I save it in my docs and then bring it up in photodeluxe and edit it.

1st I use the repair tab and go to remove elements. With that I can edit out everything but the garment itself. Then I go to the touch up tab and use the size orientation button. That gets me to the trim tab. With that I can clean up the edges of the picture. Then I save it in hold photo.

Now I open up my original 4 panel pic of myself and then I can drag the newly edited garment pic onto the panel and place it on myself. It can then be resized and rotated to "fit" me.

Works great and sometimes I find that a dress that looks so cute just doesn't look so good on me and I can save my money. Mostly though I find that I like it sooooo much I can't live without it.

And if I'm bored I can play dress up with my own personal dolly. LOl

Hugs

Tessa Wire
08-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Thats great Katie, However, I have found that just going out to the stores, I really get to try them on and us the mirrors, to see how it looks, or just take a friend with. As you know it is better to travle in pairs.

KatieZ
08-27-2006, 09:16 AM
I like shopping in person also Tessa, but this is for shopping online.

You just can't find the selection locally that is offered on ebay.

Vintage nightgowns, designer dresses, european undies, and all that other wonderful stuff just isn't available in rural america.

Hugs

Kate Simmons
08-27-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't have to do that Hon. If I spot an outfit in a catalog or online, I know if it's "me" or not automatically. Then if the right size comes, I have it made. Kinda neat what you do though, especially if you didn't have dolly cut outs that you could put different paper dresses on when you were younger. I did, so it would be no big deal to me. Plus we had colorforms and I was always putting the girl clothes on the guy figures. Ain't I a scamp? Ericka Kay

uknowhoo
08-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Hiya Katie! It's so nice to see you again. Thats sounds like a way cool way to get an idea of how items from ebay, or online sites would look on you. I'm afraid I don't have the software (or sadly the technical abitlity), but it does sound like a great technique. Thanks for posting. ;) Tammi

edit: would you care to share an example of your virtual modelling?

Stephenie S
08-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow, I could never pull this off. Just don't have the technical savy. I have heard of software that does all this for you though. Don't know where I saw it.

Steph