PDA

View Full Version : What is/was the hardest thing to learn by yourself?

Donna Louise
12-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Hi Ladies

While in the tub shaving my legs last night I was thinking about all the things I have learned.

Please keep in mind, this poll is about what you had to learn by yourself. With no outside help. Well maybe just a bit. I don't consider reading a book, internet or tapes really as help. I am talking a gg or someone coming to your aid to teach you.

I believe this my be fun.

Hugs
Donna Louise

Nina
12-18-2004, 01:01 PM
On my own with no outside help I'm still not the best with make up and sometimes end up looking more like a clown than a woman. Also i have yet to learn how to speak like a real girl. can anyone help? I must be a really rubbish woman. I'll never go out dressed

Sweet Susan
12-18-2004, 01:21 PM
I love doing make-up, and I am getting faster at doing it. I do have a bit of a problem with buying clothes, as I never know what is the best size to wear. I usually opt for something too big, as opposed to too small.

Nina
12-18-2004, 01:22 PM
I love doing make-up, and I am getting faster at doing it. I do have a bit of a problem with buying clothes, as I never know what is the best size to wear. I usually opt for something too big, as opposed to too small.
I go for tight and sometimes too small clothes every time.

Julie
12-18-2004, 02:20 PM
I was going to say playing a musical instrument (still can't unless a triangle counts) so have been unable to vote.

JJ

Donna Louise
12-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Me too, Me too

I learned makeup from a couple of books and a whole lot of trial and error. More error then success. I am pretty good at it now if I have my magic makeup mirror.

I discovered clothes are not the same size. I can wear anything from a 10 to a 16. Now go figure.

Speaking. I have tried and tried but without someone to help me and tell me what I sound like. My best guess is probably comical to say the least.

Driving in 4" heels. How do they do it? I have tried and nearly killed myself.

Shaving is yet another case of cut and learn.

Donna Louise

Sharon
12-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Makeup is my biggest concern-- using as little as possible to get the best results I can. I find it so hard to balance concealer and blush without looking like I used paint-by-numbers. :(
Julie,
I can play several instruments, but that dang triangle is my nemesis! :)

Georgette
12-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Make up has to be it I still go to the salon for a good cover and hair style for my wigs. :rolleyes: Also the next is driving in Heels what job so I just let my SO drive or take off the Right one and lay it on the seat or console, the biggest problem is driving in the Truck.LOL

Amelie
12-18-2004, 05:11 PM
None of these things were hard to do. I am not bragging but I will explain.

I have had no trouble with make-up, clothes, shaving or hair.
As far as walking, talking and body gestures, I don't put on a fem voice or walk. I don't care if someone reads me. I sort of act fem in male mode, so there probably wouldn't be much difference.
As far as driving in heels. I don't do this, I take a cab, bus or walk to get where I got to go.
Amelie

Nikki A.
12-19-2004, 02:07 AM
Make-up and choosing sizes are the biggest problem. After all its a bit difficult to try on stuff before you buy it in most stores.
Walking in heels actually came rather easily as was driving in them. Putting on p/hose without poking a hole or snagging them is a struggle for a cd or a female. The walk and talk I haven't really tried because whenever I went out it was for Halloween and I really didn't try to hide who I was.

Wendy me
12-19-2004, 08:44 AM
i would have to say the hardest thing was to let wendy out and to be her with out getting all freaked out that this is who i am. nothing wrong here just who i realy am.

this is who i am
this is me

Sharon
12-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Can I vote again? I could just make my way down the list and mark off each one!!

Ashleigh
12-19-2004, 11:33 AM
I chose the wigs. The trick I guess is to get the right one that compliments one's facial structure, etc. As for driving and walking in heels, it almost came naturally.

Tristen Cox
12-19-2004, 06:52 PM
I voted make-up because it's really something new for me that I have not had much time to experiment with before this summer. Plus there's no one here to help me so it's trial an error on my own. Thanks to some of you ladies I am getting better, but I've still got a ways to go before I am happy and can cut down the time spent in front of the mirror :o

Donna Louise
12-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Tristen

I learned most of what I know from two books. The wife gave them to the daughter. 1 - Making Faces by Rex and for the life of me I forget the other but there were really good. One had a step-by-step guide on what to do in what order. You might find them in a library. I'm not great but I am better then my wife is. :D In fact on a couple of trips out of town, I helped her with hers. It takes me about 15-20 minutes unless I am really in a hurry. Lord knows I would be lost without my makeup mirror.

Hugs
Donna Louise

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 07:48 PM
I think the hardest thing that I taught myself was hair styling. Before I found the beauty of wigs, I used to roller set my own hair. That took a lot of practice.

I liked the whole trial and error nature of applying make up. It still needs a lot of work but I am more confident about what works on me and what doesn't. I am out of my 'pre-teenage girl' make-up phase at least, lol.

Rachel Ann
12-19-2004, 08:07 PM
The biggest hurdle was coming to grips with my TG self and getting comfortable with Rachel and Rick coexisting <3

But I checked body gestures, walking and speaking. The last is especially difficult, I have a deep "radio announcer" voice.

The first GG who helped me said: "It 's 10% makeup and 90% attitude". That, I truly believe! :)